• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread [2.0] ~ [Read 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludicodaniel

<-If only it was red
Started a new game.

Chose Chimchar, and it has good IV's, somewhere in the 20's for both attacking stats.

While starting, caught a second Starly, which destroyed my current one. Turns out all of the IV's for that Starly are high, with a perfect Defence IV. It's Jolly too, and there are far worse natures for Starlys than that.

Beat Roark, Budew beat Geodude and Onix, before being OHKO'ed in a Critical Hit Headbutt. Machop delt a lot of damage before fainting, and then, the Starly finished the job.

Got to Gardina without any troubles. Bug Bite on Combees now rules, stealing Roserade's Sitrus Berry, and taking out Turtwig. (Combee also has a speed IV of 29, special attack around that, and defences are good too)

Struggled against the hacked lv 21 Skuntank, who OHKO'ed most of my team, even after Staravia's intimidate. Stupid Night Slash and high base stats. Machop managed to shrug off the Night Slashes and Ko it eventually. Annoyed that Budew's Stun Spore misses, then it was greeted with a Crit...

Currently just reached Hearthrome, and got the Eevee from Bebe, which has a prefect HP IV, and high defence, sp.def, and attack IV's. Aside from the appauling sp.attack (No higher than 4) it's perfect for Vaporeon, which is what I wanted.

Team:
Lv 21 Staravia
Lv 21 Machop
Lv 22 Monferno 'Kong'
Lv 22 Vespiquen 'Beequeen' (Origional Japanese Name FTW)
Lv 22 Budew
Lv 20 Eevee (To be given a Nickname...)

Vespiquen rocks a lot more than in D/P. Even after evolution, Vespiquen was lackluster until it learnt Attack Order. In Platinum, due to Bug Bite, high defences, and decent attacking stats Vespiquen is powerful. It helps that mine has great IV's, with HP and attack equal highest in my team, and it's defences over double of the rest of my team, barring Staravia's Perfect IV'ed defence stat. We'll see if it holds out and proves to be a powerhouse.

What I plan to have:
Infernape, (Will be carring Rock Climb)
Tropius, (Fly, Cut, Sunny Day, Solarbeam)
Vespiquen, (Defog, Attack Order, Heal Order, Power Gem)
Lickylicky, (Will carry Strength and Rock Smash)
Vaporeon, (Surf and Waterfall)
??? (Wild Card, as I can handle all HM's with the rest of my team, if I come across something with good IV's, or a shiny, I'll put them here. Otherwise, it'll probobly be some electric type)

Mongerty

Halo Fanatic
Finally traded my team over. I am all of the way to Iron Island.

I have a Shiny Charizard that I plan on training into a physical sweeper (although it has high Special too). He is level 40.

Draganair is level 39, and is my surfer.

Scizor is level 39, and has helped me with most of the rock/ psychic threats.

Torterra is level 38, just trying to keep him up as the only one without bonus experience from trading.

Gallade is 38, and is one that I need to focus on training. Hoping to spend the next few days leveling up.

(My last slot is for whatever I need to fill in HMs)

Vespiformation

I'v just caught rotom, but I don't where you use the key??

MattZ2007

I judt decided to try to get on American wifi to see if the key is up here too, and it is :). I wasn't certain since Serebii didn't mention it, but it is here again!

Back on topic, made it through Iron Island, got the egg, and went to the library. After story events, I went through Mt. Coronet to Snowpoint. while there I beat Candace and did some more story related stuff. I'm in the Galactic Headquarters right now.

BTW, ran into shiny Tropius in the Great Marsh on Thursday. It ran away...

Infernape - lv. 54
Golduck - lv. 46
Luxray - lv. 47
Umbreon - lv. 44
Staraptor - lv. 46
Slave-barel - lv 40

Psyduck_Fan

Headed to the Gym in snowpoint city, beat the gym leader. headed towards lake Lake Acuity, after the frunts left, i headed back to Veilstone City where i got the key to the warehouse from the frunt and went through ti battling the grunt

In the warehouse i found the headquarters key and went back there, made my way round Team Glactic HQ battleing all the grunts and leaders and then found Mespirit, Uxie and Azelf, battled the guy in the lab and then i freed them.

Before heading off to MT Coronet i decided to do some leving up

Caught a Bronzong at Mt Coronet and i caught a Scyther on Route 210

I also downloaded the Secret Key off the Nintendo WFC andi transfered Electivire from Pokemon Battle Revolution

My Team

Gravaler - Level 47
Haunter - Level 48
Staraptor - Level 48
Empoleon - Level 48
Roselia - Level 48
Luxray - Level 48

Last edited:

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
Trained all of my party Pokemon to Lv. 61 for the Battlezone

Finally I decided to do something different and I am now helping Mira out of Wayward Cave. Then it's off to Victory Road to work with Marley.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Just checked Wifi, and downloaded the Secret Key in my copy of Platinum, thought the event was already finished in the US/Canada, but I won't complain ^^.

Got a shiny Heatran in Platinum tonight after 3 days of SRing. Not sure what my exact SR count is for shiny Heatran, as I stopped keeping track after the first day. Will be levelling my shiny Torterra up a few levels, as well as my other team members. Plan on spending some time EV training my shiny Giratina and Heatran later on as well.

Pokemon Team:

Torterra(shiny) - Lvl 67
Luxray - Lvl 50
Houndoom - Lvl 50
Golduck - Lvl 50
Staraptor - Lvl 50

Will get Torterra up to Lvl 75, then I'll start working on the rest of my Pokemon team.

Visual

Nine one six ~
I went to the Battle Hall for the first time yesterday. I chose Infernape and managed to get a streak of 22. That is okay for a beginner, right? RIGHT?!?! Well, Infernape was KOed by a Togekiss. This is what happened. Infernape used Thunderpunch and it MISSED! That gave Togekiss a chance to use Air Slash but Infernape survived with 3 HP(I think). Then, Infernape used Thunderpunch but that couldn't KO Togekiss and Infernape KOed himself instead. He was holding a Life Orb.

After that, I used Starmie and only got a streak of 10. I gave it a Choice Specs. Manectrics(yes, more than 1) with Focus Sash are super ANNOYING! A Manectric used Signal Beam on Starmie but Starmie survived and KOed it. After getting a streak of 10, I decided to switch Choice Scarf with Focus Sash and guess what? Another Manectric showed up! Starmie used Surf and Manectric was saved by Focus Sash. This time, Manectric used Thunder. Just when I thought Starmie could take care of Manectric, Starmie was paralyzed! You can guess what happened next. Manectric get to move first and KOed Starmie. Ugh...

I got frustrated and decided to try out the Battle Tower. I got a streak of 35(I think) so far and still going with a team consisting of Infernape, Starmie and Snorlax and got the Silver Print. That was my first time in the Battle Tower. Let's talk about the battle with Palmer. Infernape used Close Combat and KOed Rhyperior with a critical hit. Then, Palmer sent out his ANNOYING Milotic and Infernape used U-Turn and switched to Starmie. Milotic used Hypnosis and Stamie fell asleep. I switched Starmie with Snorlax. Milotic used Attract on Snorlax and managed to KO it. I sent out Infernape and it finally KOed Milotic with Thunderpunch. Palmer used his Dragonite and KOed Infernape with Dragon Claw. I forgot abbout Starmie's Natural Cure and thought I was in big trouble. I was so surprised when Starmie wasn't asleep. Starmie used Ice Beam and KOed Dragonite. Hooray! If you want to see the Battle Video, the Battle Video number is 80-72624-87091.

Oh! I had another very close battle in the Battle Tower. You can check it out if you want. The Battle Video number is 27-32190-74125.

Off topic: I accidentally clicked the Back button while I was typing this post, so I had to type everything again. Ugh...I accidentally clicked another button again, but I copied most of the post, so I didn't have to type much. Phew!

EDIT: This must be the longest post I ever posted in any forum! :O

Last edited:

palkia1

Palkia Lover
Yesterday I started a second attempt at the Battle Tower after losing at battle 44. Thankfully, this time I got to Palmer and won, thus securing my 3rd gold print. I kept on going in the streak and made it all the way to battle 84, where a Glalie destroyed me. I switched to Tyranitar (my team was Starmie, Tyranitar, Garchomp), because i was scared of moves like crunch, dark pulse, payback, and signal beam, but it KO'd Tyranitar with Sheer Cold. Next was Garchomp which it KO'd with Blizzard. Starmie beat it, but then ran into a Regice with high Sp. Def that KO'd Starmie with 3 Ice Beams.

After that frustration I continued raising up my Palkia to level 93 using the Battleground and Pokemon Centre trainers. After doing other daily events, I've just started breeding for a Pokemon to enter the Cute contests. I've beat the Beauty and Cool, so now I'm up to Cute.

And just because I hadn't done it yet in Platinum, I attempted a chain. I chose Shinx and got to about 20 before being interrupted by Bidoof. I probably won't do anymore chaining just because I can't be bothered.

Visual

Nine one six ~
I did the daily events. The swarm of the day is Larvitar, so I caught a couple of them. My Riolu is ready to evolve anytime now. Got a black Belt by showing a Level 16 Gligar to the man in Route 221.

Then, I decided to continue battling in the Battle Tower and got defeated by a Milktank. So, I just got a streak of 35. Hmmm...I think I am gonna try out another facility.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
Just went to Distortion World again to get the Griseous Orb. I was gonna do it later, but my cousin was around and she was begging me to show her it. Did the daily events afterward, swarm of the day is Corsola, so I managed to get in so much training with my newly evolved Cradily after catching one. That guy is now lv. 69 after so much training. In other news, I caught an Adamant Bagon which I'm planning to breed after I transfer my Ditto from Pearl.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
So... I bought everything available from the start for the Villa and trained in the Battleground.
Now I'm dwelling in the Battle Castle with Electivire, Starmie and Garchomp and it has been kinda easy untill now ;D

EDIT: BATTLING CASTLE VALET DARACH!
Lowered all his pokémon levels to 45 ;D lots of CP FTW

Last edited:

Visual

Nine one six ~
Tried out the Battle Arcade for the first time and got a streak of 32. Togekiss created trouble for my team...again...kinda. I was trying to send the Battle Video of the battle with Dahlia but I couldn't connect to Nintendo WFC for some /unknown/ reasons. How was the battle with Dahlia. Well, her team was burned, which helped me earn the Silver Print. Her Dusknoir gave me problem. My Snorlax doesn't have any move that affect Dusknoir, so I kept using a certain move and wait until Dusknoir got KOed by burn. ;)

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Caught Heatran after a few hours of frustration.

Decided upon my Frontier team - Infernape, Starmie and Garchomp. What overused funness. But hey, anything that gets me symbols.

Due to this, I nabbed myself a Staryu and a Gible, as well as - after much time and suicide threats later - a Ditto.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Platinum Journey Post 72

All of my Gastly eggs have hatched, but due to some personal stuff, I didn't do an IV Battle. I also managed to catch a few Pokemon for the Pokedex, but there are still a few that I haven't caught without using the Pokeradar, Migrating, etc. Today, all I'm doing is clearing up daily events and playing around in the Battle Frontier and try to reclaim my streak in the Battle Castle.

Ludicodaniel

<-If only it was red
Trained my team to lv 26, evolved Budew during that time, and defeated Fatina, despite having two pokemon which could do nothing to her team. (Albeit, Machop's Forsight allowed Eevee to take out about 2/3 of Mismagius' HP, and get rid of the Sitrus Berry... too bad Vespiquen got critted and couldn't get the berry -_-)

Roselia defeated Duskull, while getting burned, and missing twice with Stun Spore. Vespiquen beat Haunter with few issues (Isn't Rock SE on Posion, Power Gem was hitting neutral), before getting critted before it could rob Mismagius' Sitrus Berry, and proceed to wall it with Heal Order, and Power Gems. For fun, I used Machop's forsight, and used my Eevee, who did a shocking amount of damage with Quick Attack and Adaptability, taking out 2/3rds of Mismagius' HP, and the Sitrus Berry, before fainting. It would have beaten it if I had bothered to give it Secret Power. Monferno then used Flame Wheel for the win.

After this, I fought my Rival. Here's ow the battle went:

Vespiquen vs Staravia. Staravia used Double Team, and Vespiquen used Power Gem, almost KO'ing it. Staravia then used Endevor, reducing Vespiquen to 10HP, and Power Gem missed. It used Quick Attack, taking Vespiquen to 1HP (Thank god for those base 100 defences!), and Heal Order allowed me to stay in the game, with even Wing Attack not outdamaging the healing, until Power Gem Ko'ed it.

Eevee vs Ponyta: Very quick battle. Ponyta was 2HKO'ed by Quick Attack. Almost makes me wish the next gym wasn't fighting, or else, I'd hold off on evolving Eevee until I got Surf...

Roselia vs Prinplup: Giga Drain 2HKO's.

Staravia vs Roselia: OHKO with Wing Attack. Man, and that was hard last time.

Traversed to Solacion Town, and caught a Goldeen, an Unown, and evolved Eevee into Vaporeon, losing STAB, and Adaptability, but getting a massive 115 HP at lv 27... well it does have a perfect HP IV! (And that HP rose to 120 at lv 28)

While looking for a Likitung, I found a Female Scyther, which has great IV's everywhere... except attack. Oh well, breeding fodder for when/if I want a Scizor for the Battle Fronteir.

Caught a Likitung, nicknamed Tungsten, and it has great defence and speed IV's (High 20's), but a horrid attack IV (0-4). Oh well.

Team:
Lickitung 'Tungsten': Lv 20
Monferno 'Kong': lv 28
Vespiquen 'Beequeen': lv 28
Vaporeon: lv 28
Staravia: Lv 28
Machop: Lv 27

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Just lost at my 39th battle in the Battle Castle, after trying to substitute my Electivire for a Gengar... guess Electivire does work better sometimes :S

Now aiming for the 1st symbol in the Battle Hall ;D

EDIT: OH NO! I just understood that Electivire can't beat a Shedinja if one appears! Must teach it Fire Punch...

EDIT2: Guess what just happened when I chose Ghost type! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! *hates Shedinjas*

EDIT3: Trying with Garchomp ;D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.