• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread [2.0] ~ [Read 1st Post]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obelisk 1

Defense Trainer
Yeah I know that a trait like "Likes to thrash about" doesnt necessarily mean it is one IV, it could be any of 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 or 31 . But in this case, when I plugged the stats into the IV calculator, it came out 50% chance of being between 30-31 in Atk, which, when coupled with the description should mean it has 31 in Attack. See?

Just beat the Elite 4 on my first try, some of the changes are very good, such as Flint's Magmortar, Bertha's Rhyperior and Cynthia's team as always. She nearly finished me off, but I just managed to get past her Milotic and beat her. =D

RainbowTiger

Trained Zubat and Totodile (now Croconaw) up to level 18. Going to work on Charmander tomorrow, who needs to raise about... 5 levels to be even with my team. -.-'

Visual

Nine one six ~
I decided to get a Garchomp for the Battle Frontier, so I searched for a Female Jolly Gible in Wayward Cave with the help of a Synchronizer. Then, I realized that I don't have an Everstone, so I went to the underground and started digging for one. I had not explored the underground in Platinum then. It was fun to dig for items there after not doing that for so long. I went to Solaceon Town and bred a Gible with a Rhydon so I could get a Gible with Earthquake and Stone Edge. Then, I bred that Gible with the female Jolly Gible. After the egg hatched, I trained the Gible to Level 20 and started EV-training it in Speed. Before that, I bought the power items in the Battle Frontier, so that I could speed up the EV-training process.

-Oath-

I'm breeding Riolus, but no good Riolu comes out. Try to breed Eevee, but only get two Eevees with Neutral Natures, my Flareon and Ditto just won't make more eggs, which bores me... Grr...
Now planning to get Heatran... but it has a very bad look, makes me lazy to catch it... Lolol XD.

Tails07

Platinum Journey Post 6

Destroyed Wake with Leafeon and Espeon and did a bit more EV training on the Pikachus, Pichus and Staravia in the Trophy Garden. Currently on Route 218.

Team:

Espeon Lv 37
Leafeon Lv 39
Staraptor Lv 36
Luxray Lv 37
Floatzel Lv 35
HMBidoof

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
I was hatching eggs for Sync's...I got a Modest one to go with my adamant one...what sucks is I need a Naive one for some of my team...I'll keep trying.

I did daily events...berries, etc. Nothing new.

Cosmar

< Aww.
Trained my Mewtwo to Level 100 (didn't need to EV him, since I did that ages ago), infected more random Pokémon with the Pokérus, and EV trained a Bagon (she's currently a Level 50 Salamence).

I also caught some random Pokémon and helped Mira out of Wayward Cave. I'm waiting for a good swarm (AKA something that I haven't got in my 'Dex which isn't named Beldum [I'll trade one from another game instead :\]).

I feel like continuing my Garchomp's Battle Hall challenge, so I'll go do that later (hopefully I've done the Psychic challenge already...I can't remember if I did it or not *is worried about Cresselia and +Speed Nature Latios/Latias*)

Last edited:

DarkerShining

Still training my Pokemon. I used a TM06 I got from the Battle frontier and taught toxic to my Lumineon. Went to the ribbon syndicate and bought gorgeous ribbons for my Pokemon. (HotStuff, my Infernape already has all three ribbons from that place.) Tried doing a battle at the battle castle, but it didn't go well. I've also been to the Distortion world and picked up the griseous orb.

Ludicodaniel

&lt;-If only it was red
Trained my Lickitung to lv 28, and proceeded to... the place where I forget the name of with Mayelne's Gym. By the time I got there and cleared the Gym trainers, and evened out my team's levels, I was lv 30.

Maylene was cake, beaten in 5 turns, despite some major Hax on her part.

Vespiquen vs Meditite

Meditite used confusion for about 7 damage and confusing Vespiquen, before it lost half it's HP to Bug Bite. Repeat, for Meditite to be KO'ed.

Staravia vs Machoke

AA takes out over half of 'Choke's HP, while it uses Rock Tomb, taking about about 30HP, before Quick Attack kills it.

Lucario vs Machoke:

I select Vital Throw, knowing I'll go second anyway. Lucario uses Force Palm, dealing about 20 and Paralysing Machoke. Luckily, I'm not Fully Paralysed. Luckily, my Machoke has Guts. Lucario is OHKO'ed. Ironic, that one of Maylene's own pokemon makes a great counter to her 'star' pokemon.

Fought with Dawn. After finding out last game that she had a 2nd Stage Starter at lv 26 after Clefairy fainted last time, I discover this time, after Clefairy managed to Confuse and nearly killing Monferno with Teeter Dance, before switching out, that she has a Kadabra too, at lv 25, with Reflect and Light Screen. Presumarably, Confusion is it's only offensive move, seeing as it's only foe left was the Skunky.

Wonder what the Rest of Dawn's team is... and why you can't battle her...

Got Porygon, and Caught a Houndour and a Rhyhorn. This filled Box 1. Houndour, running through a IV calc, has high 20 IV's in four stats. Breeding fodder for a later date.

Team:
Monferno: Lv 31 (Becoming a weakling in the team, having roughly the same power as Vespiquen behind it's attacks, and pitiful defences. Oh well, only 5 levels)
Vespiquen: Lv 31 (Still holding Strong!)
Vaporeon: Lv 31 (Still has stupid HP, and no water move)
Lickitung Lv 30 (3 more levels!)
Machoke Lv 30 (Might be bothered to evolve it for my final battle with it, Wake, before it's replaced by Magnemite)
Staravia Lv 30 (Soon to be evolved)

* Don't you find it odd that th Rival battle before Wake is harder than Wake himself? Lv 36 Starter, 4 pokes, a Balanced Team. (The battle would be insane if his started had evolved. The Case of the lv 20 Starly AI strikes again...)

A "Slow(poke)" Start!!

Today same stuff. Sponk was the swarm of the day, I caught one stored it in the P.C. and when to the top trainer cafe and to no surprise Candice was there(she been there everyday since i first when in) and Maylene, Fantina, and Mira. I woud decribe the battles, but most of the battles where OHKOs. I noticed in the battles that Poliwrath's fighting type was getting the way of his water type because most of my opponents had a pokemon with Aireal ace.
I had no choice but to start looking for a replacement, thus I landed apond Slowpoke(hints the title.) I read here on serebii that useing the pokeradar I could find them on the north part of route 205 with only a 12% chance of appearing I started rethinking. I gave it a chance so I started "radaring", and after the endless pattern budew, bidoof,biddoof,budew,budew,budew,cascoon,wurmple, etc. I found a male level 14 Slowpoke. I used a level 12 Gulpin and Budew to weakin it and finally caught it with a Timer ball.....

;079;To be continued...;079;

RainbowTiger

Reached Florama town and am training team outside Valley Windworks up to level 20. Decided to ditch Zubat but am undecided on another team member. I don't want to use Staraptor as my flier and I'd like an Electric type. I can have my friend breed me some eggs and I can trade them over to my DS.

Team:
-Grotle
-Charmeleon
-Croconaw
-???
-???
-HM Slave

I was thinking of a Pidgeot but I don't know. Any suggestions?

GioRocket

Team Rocket Forever
I WON MY FIRST FRONTIER PRINT!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Beat the Arcade. It was actually right after I lost the the Brain at the Battle Hall, I was so mad after losing I just went in the Arcade and killed everyone, pretty easily actually. I'll have to remember that, I'm much better when I'm angry :D

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Finally got back on the DS and managed to beat Crasher wake easily with STORM and STALKER. From then i used NIGHTMARE to beat TG grunt, got hold of the sercretpotion and healed the Psyducks. Now managed to beat the trainers to Celestic Town.

Then i beat the TG grunt outside of the cove and healed up NIGHTMARE and my team, then i headed in and Beat Cryus with NIGHTMARE easily, now just on the over side raising NIGHTMARE to L40. VALENTINE has now reached max happiness so im going to level up and evolve tomorow.

For tonight i'm going to raise my NIGHTMARE to L40. Then heading towards Canalave city and to Iron Island, for more intensive training.

Ammako

Yeah I know that a trait like "Likes to thrash about" doesnt necessarily mean it is one IV, it could be any of 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 or 31 . But in this case, when I plugged the stats into the IV calculator, it came out 50% chance of being between 30-31 in Atk, which, when coupled with the description should mean it has 31 in Attack. See?

Well, it's your fault, since you didn't tell us that you input the stats into a calculator and all.

Obelisk 1

Defense Trainer
Well, it's your fault, since you didn't tell us that you input the stats into a calculator and all.

Yeah, sorry about that, guess I wasnt too clear. Is it really such a big deal though?

I went to the Pal Park today and transferred a team of 6 EV trained pokemon (one of which is my Milotic which I'm trying to raise to lv100) across from Diamond and Emerald and then continued on with the post Elite 4 stuff, working towards Stark Mountain.
Phanpy was the day's swarm pokemon, so caught that and a few of the National Dex pokemon in the area around Stark Mountain.

Last edited:

Psyduck_Fan

i headed off to Mt Coronet form Oreburgh City, made my way up Mt Coronet, battle the grunts along the way until i reached the Spear Piller.

When i got to the Spear Piller i battled the the 2 team galactic leaders and beat them, after the cut scrence i was in Distortion World ( whcih was very weird) after follingthe correct path and solving the puzzles ibattle Cyrus and defeated him, i then encountered Giratina and caught him.

Have entered the real woirld and am now leveling up before i go to Sunnyshore City

I caught a Medicham in Mt Coronet

My Team

Gravaler - Level 47
Crobat - Level 49
Haunter - Level 49
Staraptor - Level 49
Houndoom - Level 48
Quagsire - Level 48

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Having gotten Pokerus from a Ditto I got on GTS(!), I spent a bit of time spreading it around(I didn't spread it to everything, but I did get enough to hit all the pokemon I use along with a nice stock of boxed pokes that can continue spreading it later). The only other particularly interesting thing that's happened lately is my fight against an absolutely amazing Battle Factory AI.

I had out an Aerodactyl(with one of the incredibly imaginative fire+ice+electric+misc movesets) against a steelix. Fire Fang didn't quite kill it, so The Lix used ice fang, freezing aerodactyl. Next turn, dactyl is still frozen, and steelix uses...earthquake? Next turn, still frozen. Steelix is smart and uses fire fang, thawing out Aerodactyl(although it did leave it at 11hp). Steelix dies, a lapras comes out. Lapras uses sing on the 11hp aerodactyl, putting it to sleep. Then it uses perish song(lapras is the guy's last pokemon, and I had aerodactyl+1 other left). Aero wakes up and flinches Lapras with t-fang. T-fang again, lapras still doesn't die, Lapras uses perish song again. Then I koed it.
(out of curiosity, I swapped in that lapras. Its moveset was Sheer Cold, Sing, Perish Song, and Confuse Ray. The ULTIMATE BATTLE FACTORY MOVESET, I think. ...one round later, I swapped lapras out. Then I lost to a stalling quagsire who only attacked with dive but yawned and (s)defed up enough that I couldn't kill it. Meaning that the stupid moveset Lapras would have been useful since it could have perish songed Quagsire away. AAAAAAGH.)

yeminied

Just caught Azelf and Uxie, man they are easy to catch, just keep tossing those dusk balls to any who are having trouble catching them. And to think they have a catch rate of 3, really easy, I can't believe I had trouble catching Azelf in Diamond.

I'm up to the league now, having gotten through Victory Road and Barry and I am thinking about replacing my Yanmega (Spiditeing) and Dusclops (Wilempting) with something else. These two have been useful in my Pokemon Champion campaign but they really haven't been consistent enough for me to believe that they can pull through for me against the Elite Four, let alone Cynthia. Could anyone suggest other Pokemon that aren't Empoleon, Houndoom, Gallade or Mamoswine?

Status
Not open for further replies.