• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 11515

About time I got around to this.

~The Rules~

* Don't go off topic - only post if you have the game! Don't say "omg that's so cool!" - PM the user who posts.
* Don't spam
* Do not post unless you have a paragraph's (for this case, four good sentences) worth of information. We don't need separate posts for every little detail.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tryed out the GTS.
The Gts has 2 Levels, the bottom level is the same old, and the second level is all the email/battle recorder stuff from what I can tell. The Gts itself uses the same old format, but its alot neater. As for all the glitches and stuff....haven't tryed it yet. Doubt they will be though.
Still, the trading side of things, it uses the same sort of system as before, search by the name of the Pokemon. The only thing thats really changed is the level selection (Which I believe is slightyl different, its Level 1-10, 11-20 now, so not much of a difference) and the actual selection screen thats different. I'll try and get a video/picture to show what I mean soon.

Currently past Eterna City, just passed the Psyduck actually!

Wish I could have documented this earlyer but oh well.
Current team:
Eevee
Grotle
Prinplup
Murkbird

I'm being lazy tbt! Avoiding quite a few of the battles, to get to the end.

Ok, heading my way to Veilstone Gym.
The game hasn't been that radically different from Diamond/Pearl yet. So atm i'm not as impressed with the Gameplay.

BUT

The visuals are like 0_o
The animation is top noice, and its just a nice game to look at! The battle beginning is spead up as well.
My Japanese is not that great (I only know a few words/key phrases), so i've read a story guide so I have a basic idea of whats going on.

SORRY about the long wait for this post.
I'll update later. Didn't mean it to be a stupid GTS post only. I'll post little details as well. Spent all day playing.

Last edited:

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
What should I do because I have the game but I dont speak/read any Japanese;
-I can quit and wait till the US version comes out so that will be more fun or..
-I can continue how hard it may be to understand

I have chosen a chimchar,
I beat my rival and the first Three Trainers
the first trainer haves a Starly lvl 5
the second trainer haves a Bidoof lvl 5
the third haves a Burmy(grass cloak) lvl 5
they also gave Jublife Town a new look just somewhat modern.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Chose Turtwig as my starter.
Caught a Bidoof and a Starly.
Received the great looking Pokétch.
Trained my Turtwig (lvl 13).
Making my way to Oreburgh City.

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
~Jublife City~
you first meet dawn and then Handsome runs into you talking bout something and gives you the Battle recorder.
In the school you have still the two trainers but other pokemons:
-the left has Starly lvl 6
-The right haves Bidoof lvl 6
Then if you can give the item you had to deliver to your rival, he gives you the Town Map.
you leave the school and The Poketch director runs into you (just like normal)
if you go to the left you still can get the Old Rod from the fisherman

~Route 204~
haves three Trainers;
-one with a shynx lvl 7
-the second haves a Magikarp lvl 8
-The third haves lvl 7 Budew

~Route 203~
First your Rival walks into you;
-Starly lvl 7 and Starter lvl 9

Trainer 1: Kricketot lvl 7, Zubat lvl 6
Trainer 2: Shynx lvl 8
Trainer 3: Machop lvl 8
Trainer 4: Bidoof lvl 4, Budew lvl 4, Starly lvl 4, Abra lvl 4
(My Chimchar Evloved :D)
Trainer 5: Psyduck lvl 8

~Oreburgh Gate~
You get Hm 'Rock Smash'

Trainer 1: Starly lvl 7, Shynx lvl 7
Trainer 2: Bidoof lvl 9

~Oreburgh City~
The boy leads u to the gym, with your rival standing before the door.
you now can go downstairs in the poké center and obtain the the palpad.

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
~Jublife City~
you first meet dawn and then Handsome runs into you talking bout something and gives you the Battle recorder.
In the school you have still the two trainers but other pokemons:
-the left has Starly lvl 6
-The right haves Bidoof lvl 6
Then if you can give the item you had to deliver to your rival, he gives you the Town Map.
you leave the school and The Poketch director runs into you (just like normal)
if you go to the left you still can get the Old Rod from the fisherman

~Route 204~
haves three Trainers;
-one with a shynx lvl 7
-the second haves a Magikarp lvl 8
-The third haves lvl 7 Budew

~Route 203~
First your Rival walks into you;
-Starly lvl 7 and Starter lvl 9

Trainer 1: Kricketot lvl 7, Zubat lvl 6
Trainer 2: Shynx lvl 8
Trainer 3: Machop lvl 8
Trainer 4: Bidoof lvl 4, Budew lvl 4, Starly lvl 4, Abra lvl 4
(My Chimchar Evloved :D)
Trainer 5: Psyduck lvl 8

~Oreburgh Gate~
You get Hm 'Rock Smash'

Trainer 1: Starly lvl 7, Shynx lvl 7
Trainer 2: Bidoof lvl 9

~Oreburgh City~
The boy leads u to the gym, with your rival standing before the door.
you now can go downstairs in the poké center and obtain the the palpad.

Leebui

Questionable...
Just picked up the game. I've noticed that unlike past 3rd reincarnations, Platinum has numerous story changes. Also, the title screen music is eerier.

Also, it seems custom text boxes are based off the in-game gender. Don't kill me as Joe and Coronis may have pointed it out, but Hikari/Dawn has a lot of rose-themed text boxes.

I'll play it more when I'm free.

Also, carrying on tradition, tree sprites are different in this 3rd incarnate. Yay?

waterlunar

Teh Spriteh Dude
Just beat 1st gym (sprite for (dinosaur fossil name*went bank*) is very nice o_o). Right now I am just training the prinplup, I want to use different pokes from past plays in D/P so no starly or budew :) wonder when I'll be able to get Tangela.

EvilAzn

Phantom Poster
I think I wasted too much time to get a good IV+natured origin giratina...lol I already have 3 good ones. Oh well I managed to nab this one with a Naughty nature 14/31/21/12/24/31
Took 2 hrs worth of soft resets. Gonna go beat the elite 4 and finish national dex.

ProMasterZ

The Hidden Creation
Got the game, started with awesome Chimchar.
Went and saw Cyrus, hear Mesprit.
Reached Sandgem Town, got a TM from Rowan.
Now on the way to the first gym.

The Poketch is awesome.

DIAMOND MASTER

Diamond Trainer
I deafeted Fantina with my Monferno at HP = 3 o.0

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Just beat the first gym, and man I got to say this game is going to get alot better once I advance in the story more, I just wish I could read it =/

Current team:
Turtwig:15
Starly:12
Shinx:10

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
my current after beating second gym:
-Monferno lvl 30
-Rotom lvl 25

Shin Ura Yuuki

Red's Follower
I'm currently training a team of Pokemon that I traded for in the Hakutai Forest. I want to go through the game with a Brawl theme team, meaning Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Ivysaur, Charizard and Squirtle. So I traded over six eggs and hatched them in Platinum. Everyone is at level 16 and I'm trying to figure out the best way to make Pichu, Igglybuff and Riolu happy so they can evolve and I don't miss out on any good moves.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Started the game. Went to the Route outside of Twinleaf (201?) and after hearing everyone talking, got Turtwig and defeated my rival's Chimchar. I've got to say that the battles are more like in Emerald, they seem a lot faster than in Diamond, atleast.

Went to Lake Verity and heard Mesprit. Went to Sandgem and got TM 27 from Rowan. Caught a Shinx with Intimidate north of Sandgem and went to Jubilife. Received the Battle Recorder, but have no idea how the thing works. Delivered the parcel to my rival and got a Quick Claw from one of the buildings, and also the Pokétch. Going to the Ravaged Path to explore.

Also does anyone know why Rowan gives you your starter?

Last edited:

DIAMOND MASTER

Diamond Trainer
Arrived at villstone saw my rival & Crasher Wake came out of the GYM.
I have a Q what do they sell in BF1 in the store??

I started yesterday and am at Floarama town or whatever its called.

Team is Monferno @ 16 and traded Togepi @ 15

Tbh, I just want to get through this game to get the tutors and soft resets, meaning im speed running through this pretty much.

Liking some of the new touches though.

Bardische

Elegance.
Heading to Veilstone City...with a power-packed team

Empoleonlvl36
BubbleBeam
Metal Claw
Peck

Fury Attack
Luxraylvl35
Spark
Bite
Charge
Leer

Gabitelvl35
Dragon Claw
Dragon Rage
Sandstorm
Slash

Staraptorlvl36
Close Combat
Steel Wing
Aerial Ace
Roost

Togeticlvl35

AncientPower
Follow Me
Grass Knot
Metronome

(Note:NOT AN RMT!!)
(Second Note: For those who wanna be cheap, you can get Gible without reaching the third gym yet! The wayward cave doesn't have strength rocks anymore, and you can get TM26 already, wtf...)

Now heading to Veilstone...hopefully Lucario won't kill meh...:D

EDIT:Hidden Power is now officially my favorite move...It's so cool in Platinum! Thought when the energy spheres circled the user, it would turn into a beam lol...

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
There's certainly not as much snow around Shinou as the pre-game info led me to believe(I actually don't think I've seen ANY since Twinleaf!)...I guess putting random patches of white everywhere would have been too much effort for them, but I would have liked to see something new in the routes. At least most of the cities have gotten a touch-up.

Houndour can be found on the route right after Veilstone...excellent. Too bad I'm keeping Monferno on my team, but I'm definitely using Houndour once I go through the English version, whenever it comes out. Rhyhorn's there too, although I'm not a big fan of it.

Other than Monferno, I've got Gabite(they let you get into the Gabite cave as soon as you can get through the bike path! And EQ is still down there, too. Absolutely nothing overpowered about that, nope nope.), Rotom(how nice of them to let you catch it right after you beat Gardenia), Kirlia(Ralts pop up on the route south of Solaceon. I'm hoping to find a Dawn Stone sometime in the near future since I'm planning on making this guy into a Gallade), Psyduck(well, why not?), and an HM Slave Bidoof. I did quite well against Maylene despite being slightly underleveled(my highest level Poke going in was Lv.28), but then again beating everyone while underleveled is pathetically easy in Pokemon if you have any idea of what you're doing. And the EQing Gabite helped against Lucario just a bit.

On a completely unrelated note, you can find a Dusk Stone quite early in Platinum...so of course the Pokemon with Dusk Stone evos are unavailable. Still, this means that I might not have to wait too long to get that Dawn Stone for Gallade, right? Right? :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.