• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Official Platinum Recent Happenings Thread~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started my copy of Platinum a few days ago. It was difficult coming up with a name, due to the 5 character limit, but I settled for a shortened version of my other screenname; Arc. I got myself a fun ID number of 64346, and SRed for a Timid Piplup, then proceeded on my way to the first Gym in Orebourgh. Piplup gracefully flattened the opposition thanks to it's type advantage, by blowing a few.. Bubbles, in their faces? Well whatever..

I also traded myself a Rotom egg from Pearl whilst in Orebourgh, hatched it and sent it back to Pearl to EV train before returning it to Platinum again. Next, I then went through Eterna Forest with Cheryl. I found and caught a Gastly whilst I was strolling through, even though it was day.. I guess the trees overhead keep the area dark enough for them to stay out at all times ^^
Arriving at the end of Eterna's revamped Gym, I found that Gardenia was still a pain in the butt. Roserade, I had to bring it down by getting Gastly to Curse it, and subsequently sacrificing itself. And now finally i've made it to Hearthome, and beaten Fantina. There were similar difficulties against her second Pokémon, and my now-Haunter brought it down the same way. What a hero, involantary albeit 'x3
My party currently consists of -

- Lv. 27 Prinplup/No nickname, Timid natured. EVs, random.
Pound / Metal Claw / Bubblebeam / Bide.

- Lv. 26 Rotom/Nova, Timid natured. EVs, 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/6 HP.
Uproar / Shock Wave / Trick / Substitute.

- Lv. 26 Bronzor/No nickname, Sassy natured. EVs, random.
Extrasensory / Hypnosis / Iron Defence / Confuse Ray.

- Lv. 26 Haunter/No nickname, Modest natured. EVs, random.
Night Shade / Shadow Punch / Curse / Confuse Ray.

.. and everyone's favourite scapegoat/HM slave - Bidoof.
Now that I have downloaded the Secret Key, i'm going to have some fun with Rotom ^^

Edit:
And I am spewing that I don't have WiFi =( I would really like the secret key, but not sure if I will be able get it.

Do you know anyone in real life who owns Platinum and has downloaded the Secret Key? According to the info posted on the front page, those who have downloaded it will be able to send the Wondercard to 4 other people via local wireless connection.

Otherwise, maybe you could find some place that has a Wi-Fi connection you could borrow ;O

Last edited:

oddsok

(^^,)
I have just gotten to Canalave city after defeating Cyrus (his picture is so awesome) and recieving HM03 - Surf. I taught it to my Vaporeon, which is still in training.

My team:

Infernape Lv. 41
Timid
Close Combat/ Mach Punch/ Flame Wheel/ Taunt

Staraptor Lv. 40
Naive
Close Combat/Aerial Ace/Fly/Defog

Luxray Lv. 43
Bashful
Thunder Fang/Crunch/Roar/Spark

Vaporeon Lv. 36
Careful
Bite/Surf/Sand-Attack/Aurora Beam

Not sure what else I might add, but at this point in time the first 3 have served me well.

And I am spewing that I don't have WiFi =( I would really like the secret key, but not sure if I will be able get it.

Last edited:

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I am currently in Canalave City getting ready to battle Byron. I'm also working on training my Yanma to evolve into Yanmega, because Yanmega's awesome. I also want to get Lickilicky. I'm dying to put Ambipom on my team, but I don't have a place for her, unless I get rid of my Gastrodon (which I can't). Reorganized all of my boxes on the computer with romaji characters to make it easy on myself, though I still name everything else with hiragana and katakana. Shigeru wasn't too bad to beat this last time, but I don't like his Staraptor. I really don't. xD

Anyone got any tips on how I can fit my Ambipom onto the team? Keeping in mind, of course, that I don't want to replace Lickilicky once I get my Lickitung evolved. ;424;

Current Team:

;389; Kameki (Torterra) --- Level 36
;405; Hikari (Luxray) --- Level 35
;229; Kuromi (Houndoom) --- Level 31
;423; Shinji (Gastrodon) --- Level 31
;108; Daisuke (Lickitung) --- Level 32
;193; Mugeki (Yanma) --- Level 30

Possible Teammate: ;424; Aiko (Ambipom) --- Level 33

DryBones

Event Collector
My Current Location: Outside the Galactic Building in Eterna City, I just defeated Gardenia and spoke to Cynthia who gave me HM01 Cut. My Team:
Monferno, Lvl 22
Gible, Lvl 21
Prinplup, Lvl 23
Grotle Lvl 21
Rotom (Shiny) Lvl 22
Pikachu Lvl 22 (surf/volttackle)

Kakumei

夜に踊り疲れて。
I just caught Giratina with the Pokeball and am wondering where the hell I need to go now.
Also, I am shuffling Pokemon now, taking out the weaker ones, and trying to train other ones.

PsychicsRox

Just got myself a Magnemite~ Even though I should have gotten it long ago...
Infernape Lv.50
Staraptor Lv.34
Gardevoir Lv.31
Magnemite Lv.29
Gyarados Lv.22
Ughh... Big level difference. Gotta train them more equally.
Well, the last member will be a Froslass. ^^ Hope I don't accidently evolve it into Glalie =="

DryBones

Event Collector
My Current Location: Hearthrome City
I just caught a Clefairy from Mt. Coronet :D
My Team:
Grotle Lvl 22 (he's slipping behind, i need to train him up a bit)
Prinplup Lvl 28. (he was actually less used towards the start now he's risen above the rest)
Monferno Lvl 24 Ember/Flamethrower/Flame Wheel/Cut
Spin Rotom shiny Lvl 27 :D
Gabite Lvl 24: DragonBreath/Dragon Beam 0_o or something/Rock Smash/Earthquake
Egg (Togepi)

SilverMorty

Taught my Jolteon Hidden Power just for the hell of it...

lucky it turned out Ice type :D

Also just beat my rival in Canalave City..now to get Strength :)

(Stupid Gabite took critical hits so easily :()

DryBones

Event Collector
My Location: Just beat Fantina, I'm still in Hearthrome.
My Togepi egg hatched, I placed the Togepi in the PC and withdrew my precious Event Pikachu :) My Team as it stands now:
Pikachu Lvl 24
Prinplup Lvl 28
Monferno Lvl 24
Spin Rotom shiny Lvl 27
Gabite Lvl 28
Grotle Lvl 24

latios reborn

I'm currently at Hearthome also.
I managed by shear fluke to win a contest with my Prinplup.
Togepi finally hatched. Got a few pokemon I want for my team from diamond (with help)
And my team at the moment is:
Torchic lv 8
Raichu lv27
Staravia lv 23
Lucario lv 31
Prinplup lv 26
Glaceon lv 65

Dark FireBird

Ah ha!! ♪
How?... How did you nickname your Piplup a name over 5 letters? My Platinum has a five letter limit. :/ Or is that its jap name?

*sigh* it's her japanese name. written in katakana and spelt phonetically "A-RI-A-DO-NI", it only then takes up 5 characters, see:
ariadneproof.png

why is it so difficult for everyone to understand?... =/

anyway, onto my recent happenings.
started training my team a little- Narukami's now at level 8, Pluto's at level 6, Kosshi's at level 7, and i'm yet to start training Tsurara and Totec, so they're still only at level 1, lol. =3 Ariadne's still at level 10. (just incase anyones gonna question their names, they were traded from english version d/p).
beat my rival (named Pete) just outside Jubilife- Kosshi easily took care of his puny starly, and Pluto barbequed (sp?) his turtwig in 1 hit- such fun, lol! =P going to get Tsurara and Totec up to around level 8 like the others, just so there isn't such a big level gap/imbalance now.

edit: beat Roark. Ariadne was fainted by his last pokemon, but Kosshi managed to take care of it. activated mystery gift, so now going to get the secret key! ^__^

edit2: got the Secret Key.
beat Gardenia after a bit of training. was a bit harder than i expected, since most of my team wouldn't obey me from being recieved in trades and too high leveled. >.<' so i caught a Beautifly (named "Bo") in Eterna forest, trained her up to lvl 17, then took on Gardenia. Bo took care of her turtwig and cherrim easily, but had some problems with roserade. managed to get it to half health (thankfully Gardenia didn't use any potions on it) before it fainted Bo, so switched in Totec and he managed to beat her with facade+toxic orb! ^^ i love this little guy now! <3 at least now everyone should obey me until 30 now. ^^' also considering keeping Bo on the team until i can evolve Tsurara...

edit3: now in Hearthome, running around trying to hatch the togepi egg. (doubt that i'll ever actually use it, but i just wanna hatch it quick anyway...) leveling up Tsurara a bit, just so she doesn't get left too far behind, and will do the same with Bo and Totec once i have the egg out of my party. also went a walk with Ariadne in Amnity Square, but she didn't pick up anything.

Last edited:

dec52895

Banned
Okay, I've ran into some difficulties along my travels--Rotom won't appear =/ Anyone know what I need to do and does anyone have the key thingy?

Platinum update:

Grotle/ lv.21
Razor Leaf/ Absorb/ Curse/ Tackle

Sneasel/ lv.22
Cut/ Pursuit/ Brick Break/ ???

Marshtomp/ lv.22
Mud shot/ Ice beam/ Surf/ Tackle

Bidoof/ HM Slave
Rock Smash/ Cut/ ???

The ???s are moves I don't know.

oddsok

(^^,)

Edit:

Do you know anyone in real life who owns Platinum and has downloaded the Secret Key? According to the info posted on the front page, those who have downloaded it will be able to send the Wondercard to 4 other people via local wireless connection.

Otherwise, maybe you could find some place that has a Wi-Fi connection you could borrow ;O

Yeah, I had read that and that could be an option, should it come to that, but thanks for reminding me =D I do have a friend with a wireless router that I could probably use. And if I don't get around to it I guess I could probably get it from someone on here, if someone would be so nice and if i was ever to get a wireless router (I do plan to)

I just defeated Cyrus and Jupiter.

My team stands at:

Staraptor Lv.49
Close Combat/Aerial Ace/Fly/Brave Bird

Vaporeon Lv.47
Calm nature not Careful as I stated before (my mistake)
Bite/Surf/Sand-Attack/Aurora Beam

Infernape Lv.51
Close Combat/Mach Punch/Flame Wheel/Taunt

Luxray Lv.50
Thunder Fang/Crunch/Roar/Spark

Plus a Bibarel with Strength, Rock Climb, Cut and Rock Smash (Yay for Bibarel the useful HM slave =D)

Last slot is still empty. I'm looking for a poke that I can get my hands on that will give me type coverage and something to teach Defog to, because I deleted it from my Staraptor. Will probably also need something to teach Waterfall to eventually.

PsychicsRox

Now at Mt.Coronet...
My Team now is~
Infernape Lv.55
Gardevoir Lv.36
Staraptor Lv.34
Magnezone Lv.32
Gyarados Lv.30

And that Froslass which I've yet to get.
Ooh I gotta prepare myself a lot for the Elite 4.

rampage

Only On Suicune
hm
just put the game in yesterday
and really didnt get to play
but im gonna speed up just woke up
turned it on got tm 27 from the prof now dawn is bothering me

DryBones

Event Collector
Current Location: Cafe/Restaurant above Solacean Town
I saw a wild Chansey but killed it >_> <_<
I just got Defog and the other goodies from the Solacean Ruins
My team:
Monferno, Lvl 27
Prinplup, Lvl 29
Grotle, Lvl 28
Pikachu (volt-tachle/surf) Lvl 27
Gabite Lvl 29
Spin Rotom Shiny, Lvl 29

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
I just caught Giratina, I still need to beat Volkner...

46 Weavile
46 Staraptor
47 Magmortar
47 Luxray
47 Giratina
49 Empoleon

I've also been playing around and I was happy to find that the tweaking glitch is back and in prime condition. It doesn't really matter, of course, because Darkrai and (I assume) Shaymin aren't even there until the event is activated... but still, it's something fun to do.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Okay, got to Celestic Town and beat Cyrus. Got to Canalave City and beat my Rival and Byron, and did the Iron Island thing. Got to Snowpoint City and beat Candace. As I was walking to Lake Acuity, out of nowhere a Shining Snover appeared, and better yet, I caught it! Did the Spear Pillar Event and caught Giratina. Got the Secret Key, and with it, Rotom Cut Forme. Now training for Volkner. Current Team: Infernape Lv.52, Staraptor Lv.52, Rotom(Cut Forme) Lv.52, Torterra Lv.49, Floatzel Lv.48, and Giratina Lv.47.
EDIT: Okay, I beat Volkner. I caught the Lake Trio, as well as an Electabuzz(It held an Electirizer, so that was a plus :p), a Magmar, a Finneon, and a Gabite(Finally). Now I am training to beat the Elite Four. Current Team: Infernape Lv.53, Staraptor Lv.52, Rotom(Cut Forme) Lv.52, Torterra Lv.52, Floatzel Lv.52, and Giratina Lv.52.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I just got platinum no less than an hour ago. Took 6 days to get here.

I managed to get a nice ID# without resetting, 01818.

I've chosen Turtwig as my starter, came with some good starting stats, but i wasn't bothered with the stats anyway.

So far i'm just before jubilife, and my team is;

Turtwig: level 13
Starly: level 8
Bidoof: level 3

dec52895

Banned
Okay I'm still goofing off in Hearthome. But I'm trying to get Marshtomp, Grotle, and Sneasel to lv.30. ?

Grotle - lv.23
Marshtomp - lv.30
Sneasel - lv.30

As you can see I'm doing well; except Grotle. But to help out I'm going to let him destroy Fantina! >=D with bite. Anyway, I also ran into a Ralts, but it teleported. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.