• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Platinum Shiny Discussion; read the first post.

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir-Aero

Soul of Silver
hey i'm new here. just restarted diamond to get into this shiny stuff and caught a shiny starly ^_^. Im wondering, how to get shiny starters?

UmBRe0n

TH®Ä§HéD Y0Ú
idk why but i bred me shiny ditto i had on diamond with my sis's lucario and 2 out of 5 eggs hatched were shiny? i was sooo happy, is it just luck or something has happened?

Yeah i am having a tough time getting ideas to go for on shinies i want so can anyone help me out on the shinies either by trading with me or telling me suggestions

PM me back for any suggestions

Tanks

SelenaluvsDylan22

Goodbye Rebellion
It took near 6000 SRs but i was able to get a shiny giratina. i also randomly found a shiny wooper. And Chained for a shiny geodude. I am aiming for a shiny regigigas next.

oddsok

(^^,)
Forgot to post this earlier.
shinydarkraiappears.jpg

It just shone for me. I had done about 500 SRs previously but wasn't counting them when I restarted SRing for it today. Probably makes up for the 1000 or so SRs I did for Mudkip yesterday, that had I gotten would've been lost regardless. Nonetheless I still got a shiny Darkrai under 1000 resets, which is incredible!

It was being fairly difficult. After using false swipe twice to get it down to 1HP I start to use Spore as usual, and would then throw Ultra balls. Spore kept missing because it had used Double Team so many times. I threw over 30 Ultras, and couldn't get more than 2 shakes. I started to get worried, so I used a Master ball. The colours kind of match anyway.

Here are some more pics:
Sparkle, Sparkle.
Dex entry.
Nickname screen.
Summary page.
Rash nature, Timid sync failed.
Stats.

pikachu555

Hoenn-born in Unova
So far, I've caught a shiny luxio, pikachu, shellos (west coast), and a staravia.

greenspirit

plaтιnυм
hey i'm new here. just restarted diamond to get into this shiny stuff and caught a shiny starly ^_^. Im wondering, how to get shiny starters?

Save before you have to choose your starter then choose your starter and soft reset your gameboy, and choose your starter again and just keep repeating that untill you get a shiny starter, the odds are really bad so it might take a while.

Yesterday I just started a new game on my platinum (for fun) and after chosing my starter I was training him and then suddenly a shiny starly popped up,
I didn't want to lose my data( I was really far) but I then realized that I was gonna buy the english version of platinum anyway so I just saved D:

brisngr9021

VVV Post VVV
On my Diamond version, I had a shiny umbreon, espeon, *eeveeloutions*, raquazza, empoleon, infernape, torterra, charizard, mewtwo, latios, latias, bibarel, bidoof (which evolved into the bibarel...), roserade, and luxray, lucario. i had more, but, its been awhile...
The eeveeloutions were all traded cept the Umbreon (my fav pokemon happened to be shiny...lucky me >:D) raquazza was chance, empoleon was from piplup no SRs, infernape and torterra were traded from chimchar and turtwig, charizard was from FR no SRs, Mewtwo I did 47 SRs, Latios and Latias I traded my friend for (he thought his game was glitched XD -he used an action replay to get them into the wild, and miraclously both shiny by CHANCE!!!-), bidoof budew and shinx were all chance. Lucario was traded from Japan. It was lv.76...someone in Japan wanted an english pokemon, because i put up a lv.2 starly. No joke.
the rest of them were traded...

Casimir

Good boy.
I'm new to this gen pokemon so can anyone tell me what chaining is? I heard it greatly increases the odds of catching a shiny pokemon.

Chaining involves you using the pokerader in order to, I guess you could say, scout out a certain pokemon in the grass.
It requires a lot of attention towards looking at the grass and it's movements to determine which actual grass tile has the pokemon you're looking for in it. As your chain gets larger, the greater the chance you have of finding a shiny of that pokemon you've been chaining is. Here's a much better detailed guide:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=355961

I highly suggest reading it and taking in all the advice you can. It really helped me out to (most of the time) perfect chaining! :)

Last edited:

Darkdust

Aspiring Trainer
I believe i found a shiny pokemon once before in Ruby version but I ran because I though it was a glitch at the time (I was a noob <_<) But once I get platinum im definatley finding one

i'm curious to see if there will be any changes to chaining in platinum. does anybody know? also will it be easier to soft reset for shiny starters?

oddsok

(^^,)
i'm curious to see if there will be any changes to chaining in platinum. does anybody know? also will it be easier to soft reset for shiny starters?

First yes, there are differences in chaining Platinum. Not only are there different pokemon, but the patch animations are very different. It takes some getting used to but overall it makes it easier to chain in weather (hail, sandstorm and ash).

It is easier to SR for a starter in Plat, but it still does take 40-50 seconds per reset.

dannydstk

so i was on my way to get my fifth badge and on my way past lake valor i found a houndour and was suprised because i wasnt aware yet that they were found in the wild but i passed on it because i had my charizard then another one popped up right after it and it was shiny :)

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Saw a shiny Taillow yesterday. But had no pokeballs :(

Emerald_Infectiion

Little Big Dreamer
Bleh... Why didn't I see this Thread earlier? XD
Oh well...

I've saved in front of Bebe in Hearthome City so that I can keep getting Eevee, right?
Obviously, I'm after a Shiner... but I don't know if I should keep going after it.
:/ I'll admit that I've got an iron will and am dead-set on getting an Eevee Shiner, but I've already passed my favorite kinds of Eevee five times (Female, Careful; Female, Naughty). Not to mention, I'd like to continue on with the game...

... y'know what?
I'm just gonna keep soft-reseting. It looks like it's messing the game's Enter Screen up, though. :/

chaoses

oblivious chaos
well chaining is alot easier in platinum i already got in sandstorm a shinny jolly beldum :) so im happy second shinyn from the game first was buizel docile nature

next targert S.R for shinny azelf with timid nature
EDIT - wrong pokemon whats spelled

Last edited:

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
How do you guys actually get SHINY Giratinas?! Trying to find a good-natured one is as difficult as it is already!

Status
Not open for further replies.