• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Platinum Shiny Discussion; read the first post.

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
Ya shinies dont usually show up in chains til 40+ in a row.

Sheik

I just got me a shiny Giratina at 9:32 PM I couldn't believe my eyes what I saw on that screen took me by surprise! I weakend it and used dusk ball on it alot of times, but it finally went in.

It's nature is Modest HP: 208 ATK:91 Def:123 SP.Atk:117 SP.Def:121 Speed:104
and is Alert to sound. I think I'll just have it as a trophy I don't really use legendaries just collect them.

I sadly have dial-up so it'll be a little bit for pictures, but I'm pretty happy with my first shiny I can't really count the Gyarados from G/S/C and that gamestop zigzagoon shiny.

I can't wait to get another shiny I never caught any in my past games. =)

LordVatek9

Legendary Collector
I just got me a shiny Giratina at 9:32 PM I couldn't believe my eyes what I saw on that screen took me by surprise! I weakend it and used dusk ball on it alot of times, but it finally went in.

It's nature is Modest HP: 208 ATK:91 Def:123 SP.Atk:117 SP.Def:121 Speed:104
and is Alert to sound. I think I'll just have it as a trophy I don't really use legendaries just collect them.

I sadly have dial-up so it'll be a little bit for pictures, but I'm pretty happy with my first shiny I can't really count the Gyarados from G/S/C and that gamestop zigzagoon shiny.

I can't wait to get another shiny I never caught any in my past games. =)

Why not? Legendaries are awesome.

Suser

I'm with you on that... I chain up to 12, than it breaks. It also doesn't help when your visible ID and secret ID are numbers that make it really hard for you to get a shiny...

How do you know if you got a good number or a bad number?

My visible id is: 16813
Is that good or bad?

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
How do you know if you got a good number or a bad number?

My visible id is: 16813
Is that good or bad?

It also depends on what your Secret ID is. You have to do this (note:for random, non-radar pokemon):

(Trainer ID) xor (Secret ID) = E

(First byteword of personality value) xor (Second byteword of personality value) = F

If E xor F is less than eight, then the Pokémon is shiny.

This is for those who don't know what XOR means.

XOR is a binary operation like AND and OR. If two bits are XORed together the results are as follows.
A B --- A XOR B
0 0 ----- 0
0 1 ----- 1
1 0 ----- 1
1 1 ----- 0
Another way to express this is that the result is true if they are different or false if they are not the same.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I caught a shiny Machoke on the 14th I has 1 Ultra ball left I caught it.
I'll tell you it's Summary.
Nature: Lonley
April 14th 2009
Met at level: 48. (Level 52 in my Party)
Likes to run
Like spicy food.
HP: 0/152
Attack: 132
Defense: 71
Special Attack: 61
Special defense: 79
Speed: 68
Ability: No guard.
Attacks: Submission, Wake-Up slap, Cross chop, Dynamic Punch.
Ribbons: 0.

PokemongreenFTW145

EV Training Noob
My brother caught a shiny shinx completely on accident when he was walking through the grass for some reason, caught it in a heal ball.. I myself have only caught a shiny wurmple, which became a dustox, which I traded for a shiny golbat that I made into a corbat..

Kyle Clarthy

I thought this day would never come!

You can't believe how stoked I am to see this shiny. It is one of my all time favourite Pokemon, and as of this morning I hatched one in Platinum using the Masuda Method that everyone is talking about. Unfortunately it took a lot of hours to appear, thirty hours alone on Platinum and a lot of boxes on Diamond, but hey, she's here, she's legit and she's mine!

As you can see, I named her Champignon for the moment, but I can't really think of anything else, so Champignon will probably stick. She has Poison Heal as her ability.

I spent so long using a Japanese Ditto to hatch these eggs, but nothing seemed to be happening. So I traded for a Japanese Shroomish last night and she appeared this morning. Has anyone actually had success using a foreign Ditto? The reason I ask is because I see a lot of results, but everyone seems to be using a foreign parent other than Ditto. Coincedence or not?

Anyway, the bug has truly bitten me, so I think I'm going to try and hatch something else asap.

Good luck everyone!

shroomish2.jpg

shroomish.jpg

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
I thought this day would never come!

You can't believe how stoked I am to see this shiny. It is one of my all time favourite Pokemon, and as of this morning I hatched one in Platinum using the Masuda Method that everyone is talking about. Unfortunately it took a lot of hours to appear, thirty hours alone on Platinum and a lot of boxes on Diamond, but hey, she's here, she's legit and she's mine!

As you can see, I named her Champignon for the moment, but I can't really think of anything else, so Champignon will probably stick. She has Poison Heal as her ability.

I spent so long using a Japanese Ditto to hatch these eggs, but nothing seemed to be happening. So I traded for a Japanese Shroomish last night and she appeared this morning. Has anyone actually had success using a foreign Ditto? The reason I ask is because I see a lot of results, but everyone seems to be using a foreign parent other than Ditto. Coincedence or not?

Anyway, the bug has truly bitten me, so I think I'm going to try and hatch something else asap.

Good luck everyone!

shroomish2.jpg

shroomish.jpg

congratz, but what does the name Champignon mean? or did you just make it up? just curious.

and on another note-

are swarm pokemon better to chain then pokemon mansion pokemon of the day? or vice versa? or is equal?

ChaosAngel

MINE!! :D
Congrats on the shiny hatched Shroomish!

I've hatched myself another shiny and it's Feebas! :D
It's the shiny Feebas on the 509th egg! I've bred with japanese female Milotic and male Corsola which gotten both of them from the GTS.

005-5.jpg

007-8.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/ChaosCross/008-12.jpg Brave nature (yuck =P)
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/ChaosCross/009-5.jpg Stats

Bad nature but it's IVs are good on sp. attack and sp. defense, so I'll raise it and evolve into shiny Milotic. It learned Mirror Coat from Corsola. First need to get some good poffins to raise it's beauty stats.

IVs for shiny Feebas (used rare candies til lv. 20)
HP: 5-9
Attack: 0-4
Defense: 10-14
Sp. Attack: 25-29
Sp. defense: 25-29
Speed: 15-24

Youtube vid on my hatched shiny Feebas via Musada method
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN-pY7oMhNo

Still waiting for Pinsir to swarm in my platinum..

Good luck to all!

eevee worshiper

Evil She Demon ^_~
TT_TT after hatching at least 1000 eevees I finally got my shiny eevee
IT WAS ON MY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3
and it has uber good Iv's

Kyle Clarthy

congratz, but what does the name Champignon mean? or did you just make it up? just curious.

and on another note-

are swarm pokemon better to chain then pokemon mansion pokemon of the day? or vice versa? or is equal?

Thank you, SQUIRT. Here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champignon

I also used the name because of "Champ" and Breloom is a type of boxer, so it seemed fitting to have such a "strong, leader-type name". And it sounds more feminine than Fungus, which is what I would have called it if it turned out to be a male.

Swarm Pokemon, in my opinion, are a lot easier to chain and I think that's the general thought by all chainers. Good luck with that.

Congrats on the shiny hatched Shroomish!

I've hatched myself another shiny and it's Feebas! :D

Good luck to all!

Thanks, Chaos, it means a lot!

Congratulations on your latest success, Milotic's a great shiny, that's for sure.

And yes, good luck to all!

And congratulations on the Eevee.

Jessara

Shiny Hunter
For the last week and a half I have been hatching various pokemon with a Japanese Ditto as one of the parents on Platinum. Just an hour and a half ago, I switched to using a Japanese Eeeve that I got from the GTS and I saw results after hatching 10 eggs or so! :D This is my first hatched shiny and I'm over the moon! Pics below...isn't she cute? 60+ hours of hatching has paid off!

IMG_0229-1.jpg
IMG_0228-1.jpg
IMG_0219-1.jpg

Last edited:

Red1062

So Cool
For the last week and a half I have been hatching various pokemon with a Japanese Ditto as one of the parents on Platinum. Just an hour and a half ago, I switched to using a Japanese Eeeve that I got from the GTS and I saw results after hatching 10 eggs or so! :D This is my first hatched shiny and I'm over the moon! Pics below...isn't she cute? 60+ hours of hatching has paid off!

IMG_0229-1.jpg
IMG_0228-1.jpg
IMG_0219-1.jpg

Wow Nice congratulations. It really doesnt look like JP Ditto works for the Masuda method but I think it does.

mew801

Managed to catch a shiny Onix today on Victory Road while training my Leafeon, and it was totally unexpected, so that was really cool :).

Caught a Shiny Pikachu while completeing national Dex in Trophy Garden.8D Completely unexpected. It was right after a Pikachu with a lite Ball too.=P I'm super awesome.xD

Hauntshadow

Hey man!
I got a shiny Pelipper on Rt.230 yesterday! He's Docile and has horrible IVs
(0/17/15/6/6/6). I didn't even know it was possible for a pokemon to have an IV of 0. o__0 My next target is either Bibarel or Duskull. ;400; ;355;

ManticorePee

Does anyone know when the shininess for the starter is determined? is it after you start the first battle or just when you see it in the pokeball??

Status
Not open for further replies.