• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Platinum Shiny Discussion; read the first post.

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
welll now that i have platinum i am deciding to get back into shiny hunting :D and my first target is going to be an easy one which is togepi well wish me luck :D

I have found a way to get more masterballs on my platinum without using Action Reply or Game shark. You give masterballs to the pokemon on other games then transfer them using the pal park. = ] Sneaky Me. Anyway sorry i was a bit slow (if anyone has thought it before)

Vespiformation

^ so can you get the 3 birds on platinum? How do you get them shiny?

I dont think there is any grass up there.... You could go up there, catch an absol, and use the Madusa method to breed a shiny. Also, someone please go to the CRMT forum, its dead and I need a glaceon question answered on the Questions thread.

ok thanks nevermind, whats the madusa method?

Last edited:

danoziami

I have been trying to catch a shiny Adamant Beldum for the longest time now... almost 3 whole days (been setting the clock back every once in a while to make the swarm last longer). I have already caught 7 shiny Beldum, but all have natures that decrease the Attack stat, Special Def., and/or Speed.

-Is there any way to make sure I get Adamant (goal) nature?
-How exactly does the Synchronize ability work to help me reach that goal?
-I have a Docile-natured Beldum and a Brave one, but are they any good?

Help please!

Thanks in advance!

Dizzee

I have been trying to catch a shiny Adamant Beldum for the longest time now... almost 3 whole days (been setting the clock back every once in a while to make the swarm last longer). I have already caught 7 shiny Beldum, but all have natures that decrease the Attack stat, Special Def., and/or Speed.

-Is there any way to make sure I get Adamant (goal) nature?
-How exactly does the Synchronize ability work to help me reach that goal?
-I have a Docile-natured Beldum and a Brave one, but are they any good?

Help please!

Thanks in advance!

The best way to get one is by the synchronize ability or to breed them with a adamant ditto with a everstone attached. This gives you a 50% chance to get a adamant one.

To get the synchronize ability to work you have to have the pokemon with the adamant nature and synchronize ability first in your party when you enter the grass patch you'll find your wanted pokémon in. When your pokemon with synchronize is underleveled to the one you want to find you just faint that pokémon and the pokemon who is second in your party will fight instead of him.

To know if the docile or brave one are any good you'll have to enter their level, nature and stats in an IV calculator. The beldum's you catch in the swarm are at a high enough level to get a quite accurate reading of the IV's.
Brave is quite a good nature but the adamant one is the best or you can also pick jolly if u want more speed.

Last edited:

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
I did it guys! My first shiny EVER

A cute female SHINY EEVEE. And the nature is good for a special attacker, so I'll probably turn it into a Glaceon, Jolteon, or Espeon. Ugh.. I can't decide!

But yeah.. I'm just.. thrilled and in shock. It finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy happened.

danoziami

The best way to get one is by the synchronize ability or to breed them with a adamant ditto with a everstone attached. This gives you a 50% chance to get a adamant one.

To get the synchronize ability to work you have to have the pokemon with the adamant nature and synchronize ability first in your party when you enter the grass patch you'll find your wanted pokémon in. When your pokemon with synchronize is underleveled to the one you want to find you just faint that pokémon and the pokemon who is second in your party will fight instead of him.

To know if the docile or brave one are any good you'll have to enter their level, nature and stats in an IV calculator. The beldum's you catch in the swarm are at a high enough level to get a quite accurate reading of the IV's.
Brave is quite a good nature but the adamant one is the best or you can also pick jolly if u want more speed.

Okay, thank you! Now all I need to do is find an Adamant Japanese Ditto... haha or an Adamant Ralts with Synchronize.

espeon13x

Espeon Trainer
i now own 3 shinies, a dratini, an eevee, and a mudkip, all in one week, im very surprised.

Wilton09

Veteran Trainer
caught my first 2 shinies today:D Ponyta and Gastly :D:D

Nolan Bentley

i'm sitting here soft resetting for a shiny Rayquaza and i'm thinking this is pretty boring, so i pull out my DS and start multitasking with plat. i'm training my pokemon while soft reseting. But instead of finding a shiny rayquaza, i have a random encounter and now i have a shiny chatot. Now if i could actually get what i was after.

Vespiformation

I dont think there is any grass up there.... You could go up there, catch an absol, and use the Madusa method to breed a shiny. Also, someone please go to the CRMT forum, its dead and I need a glaceon question answered on the Questions thread.

hi no one replied to my question about the madusa method..

Last edited:

Nolan Bentley

cptmyname

ive found a shiny East shellos and a shiny floatzel

just ran into the shellos, extremly unlikely event for the floatzel.
beleive this or not, the shiny floatzel broke my pokeradar chain of 7 by apearing in the patch of grass infront of the patch of grass that would have a shiny magnemite inside of it because i forgot to reaply a repel.
no one beleives me, but i swear its true

zogu

Caught a random shiny Luxio when training my Gabite at route 222. Neutral natured with Intimidate.

I caught a shiny Mesprit yesterday (I don't even know why I'm posting here :p)

Just to ask, does it appear shiny when u interact with it in the cave or does it only appear shiny when u meet it in battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.