• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Just let you use rental Pokemon, problem solved.

How is this different than SwSh?

They had a lot less 3D models to animate in 1st and 2nd gen. It probably wouldn't look that good with hundreds of Pokemon now.

I meant I can play Pokemon Stadium on the couch with, for example, my husband. He isn't in to Pokemon enough to buy his own 3DS/Switch and a game, but he can still enjoy battling with me and getting to know the pokemon through the rental system.

I agree that remaking all Pokemon into a nicer 3D model with unique animations for attacks, special attacks, being hit, etc is extremely unlikely, but if they did put in that effort it would still have a place. That said, I'd rather they put that effort into a main game. I was merely listing reasons why a Stadium/Revolution-type game isn't completely useless or unappealing as many seem to imply.

Pokemon Stadium being remade would be dumb because you basically had that game remade starting from XY onwards.

I wasn't aware I could rent any Pokemon I wanted and immediately be in a tournament style battle with varying strategies and rules in a manner of seconds, or play two-player with friends on the same console, in XY.

I understand that XY made the switch to 3D, but that's like saying Sun/Moon replaces Pokemon Snap because it lets you take pictures as a side mission.

Pokken is a good step for Pokemon in 3D, though. It's fresh and admittedly doesn't have other overarching features with the main games (that I'm aware of). So I can see something like Pokken growing as its own genre instead of a Stadium/Revolution remake.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I meant I can play Pokemon Stadium on the couch with, for example, my husband. He isn't in to Pokemon enough to buy his own 3DS/Switch and a game, but he can still enjoy battling with me and getting to know the pokemon through the rental system.

I agree that remaking all Pokemon into a nicer 3D model with unique animations for attacks, special attacks, being hit, etc is extremely unlikely, but if they did put in that effort it would still have a place. That said, I'd rather they put that effort into a main game. I was merely listing reasons why a Stadium/Revolution-type game isn't completely useless or unappealing as many seem to imply.

That is currently lacking right now, yes, but they don't need Stadium for that. Just add LGPE's co-op to the main games and have options for the second player to battle you in facilities. Stadium needs its own mechanics to justify its existence because when you take away the console exclusivity it used to have, it's basically just a glorified Battle Tower for $60.

Pokken is a good step for Pokemon in 3D, though. It's fresh and admittedly doesn't have other overarching features with the main games (that I'm aware of). So I can see something like Pokken growing as its own genre instead of a Stadium/Revolution remake.

This would be a better alternative. What would be even better is if it merged with Pokepark to become an open world ARPG with a robust online multiplayer, now THAT would be a AAA $60 console game.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Just saw on the main page that GameStop is apparently holding a future event to give out a Shiny Toxtricity through Pokémon Pass and all I have to say to this is “helllllllllllllll no!” Last time you held a Pokémon Pass giveaway was almost a year ago and you promised use a Dynamax Crystal to get G-Max Copperajah and then cancelled the event without telling anyone or giving us a notice causing us to waste a trip to the store for nothing during a pandemic and us looking like idiots trying to get the QR code to work in the app on posters for the event still left up by the store because not even the employees there knew it was cancelled! I’m not downloading that useless app for a third time and finding out that the event is canceled or not even in my area again! I lost out on the Shiny Pikachu And Eevee And Mewtwo because my Best Buy And Target weren’t even holding the events! And my Walmart didn’t have the tracksuit gift because Pass refused to give me a code because the store wasn’t even giving away the event and I went there on November 17 before the event was supposed to end! I am very angry that another Mystery Gift worth getting is forcing us to use an app that is virtually useless and rarely gets anything to it like we were promised! I had to delete the stupid thing from my iPad because it keeps wasting space and I kept being unable to use Netflix on my iPad because Pass took up so much space and I pay good money for the service.

Captain Jigglypuff

Pokemon Pass is a horrible way to get event Pokemon! I was really upset about the Copperajah event being cancelled and angry about not getting the orange tracksuit which was definitely something I wanted to have my character wear in the game because I really liked how it looked especially in a region based on the UK where most clothes aren't brightly colored unless it is punk inspired. A lot of the clothing is either muted colors that are normally brighter or more natural looking colors like beige or sage green.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Pokemon Pass is a horrible way to get event Pokemon! I was really upset about the Copperajah event being cancelled and angry about not getting the orange tracksuit which was definitely something I wanted to have my character wear in the game because I really liked how it looked especially in a region based on the UK where most clothes aren't brightly colored unless it is punk inspired. A lot of the clothing is either muted colors that are normally brighter or more natural looking colors like beige or sage green.
Word. I couldn't get the stupid thing to work. Not bothering with this event, as the only Gamestop in my area is over 30 miles away.

TyranatarGojira

Just saw on the main page that GameStop is apparently holding a future event to give out a Shiny Toxtricity through Pokémon Pass and all I have to say to this is “helllllllllllllll no!” Last time you held a Pokémon Pass giveaway was almost a year ago and you promised use a Dynamax Crystal to get G-Max Copperajah and then cancelled the event without telling anyone or giving us a notice causing us to waste a trip to the store for nothing during a pandemic and us looking like idiots trying to get the QR code to work in the app on posters for the event still left up by the store because not even the employees there knew it was cancelled! I’m not downloading that useless app for a third time and finding out that the event is canceled or not even in my area again! I lost out on the Shiny Pikachu And Eevee And Mewtwo because my Best Buy And Target weren’t even holding the events! And my Walmart didn’t have the tracksuit gift because Pass refused to give me a code because the store wasn’t even giving away the event and I went there on November 17 before the event was supposed to end! I am very angry that another Mystery Gift worth getting is forcing us to use an app that is virtually useless and rarely gets anything to it like we were promised! I had to delete the stupid thing from my iPad because it keeps wasting space and I kept being unable to use Netflix on my iPad because Pass took up so much space and I pay good money for the service.
It's like they are deliberatly trying to distribute stuff in the worst possible way. I mean first off, the whole Pandemic thing. I haven't been able to get to my local Gamestop in months, because they open at Noon, and I'm done with my shopping and out of town before then. Then that hidious Pokepass app... I couldn't get the shiny Alola mascots because they wanted you to use that stupid thing, and I don't have a smartphone. And I'm not going to get a smartphone just for it. And other than screwing you over on event pokemon, what even is it for?

You know what would be a good way to distrubute a event pokemon right now? The internet. With codes you actually send. Cause I'm still not getting the newsletter, and if it doesn't work with any of the big e-mail services, I don't know what I'm suppossed to use.

Sigh, this sort of thing is why I can't get excited about the though of Sinnoh remakes.

Phillies

It's like they are deliberatly trying to distribute stuff in the worst possible way. I mean first off, the whole Pandemic thing. I haven't been able to get to my local Gamestop in months, because they open at Noon, and I'm done with my shopping and out of town before then. Then that hidious Pokepass app... I couldn't get the shiny Alola mascots because they wanted you to use that stupid thing, and I don't have a smartphone. And I'm not going to get a smartphone just for it. And other than screwing you over on event pokemon, what even is it for?

You know what would be a good way to distrubute a event pokemon right now? The internet. With codes you actually send. Cause I'm still not getting the newsletter, and if it doesn't work with any of the big e-mail services, I don't know what I'm suppossed to use.

Sigh, this sort of thing is why I can't get excited about the though of Sinnoh remakes.

It wouldn't even have to be a code. I thought the event that they had for shiny Zeraora was fun and wish they would do more of that in the future. It gave those who wanted to participate a goal along with something to do while also not punishing people who chose not to participate like the shiny Tapu events from a few years ago did.

Captain Jigglypuff

It wouldn't even have to be a code. I thought the event that they had for shiny Zeraora was fun and wish they would do more of that in the future. It gave those who wanted to participate a goal along with something to do while also not punishing people who chose not to participate like the shiny Tapu events from a few years ago did.
Shiny Zeraora was a perfect way to incorporate a smart device app to get Mystery Gifts. It give users the incentive to actually want to use said app and it is easy to move said gift into the games using the Transfer feature. Original Color Magearna May be a long and hard process to achieve but it is worth trying to complete and you will be able to use Magearna which can be useful in battle. Home has so many things that will benefit Pokémon trainers in the long run that a premium subscription is worth it. Pass is just a glorified camera filter at best and the stickers you get in it aren’t that interesting to use after one use. Plenty of other apps utilize stickers for photos and messaging that Pass is just unnecessary. I mean the Line app keeps allowing Japanese users to keep on buying new Pokémon themed stickers to use in the app. There have only been 10 events for the app and one canceled event and only four could be used in the games and would have been only five if the Copperajah event was not cancelled at the last minute with absolutely no warning at all. The rest are just screensavers and photo stickers and nothing else. Seriously, who uses a screensaver on a smart device? A year and nine months later this is all Pass has given out despite us being promised more Event giveaways from the app and only one giveaway was offered in 2020 and it was abruptly cancelled and the last giveaway that was held for Pass was in November 2019! That is just unacceptable.

TyranatarGojira

Shiny Zeraora was a perfect way to incorporate a smart device app to get Mystery Gifts. It give users the incentive to actually want to use said app and it is easy to move said gift into the games using the Transfer feature. Original Color Magearna May be a long and hard process to achieve but it is worth trying to complete and you will be able to use Magearna which can be useful in battle. Home has so many things that will benefit Pokémon trainers in the long run that a premium subscription is worth it. Pass is just a glorified camera filter at best and the stickers you get in it aren’t that interesting to use after one use. Plenty of other apps utilize stickers for photos and messaging that Pass is just unnecessary. I mean the Line app keeps allowing Japanese users to keep on buying new Pokémon themed stickers to use in the app. There have only been 10 events for the app and one canceled event and only four could be used in the games and would have been only five if the Copperajah event was not cancelled at the last minute with absolutely no warning at all. The rest are just screensavers and photo stickers and nothing else. Seriously, who uses a screensaver on a smart device? A year and nine months later this is all Pass has given out despite us being promised more Event giveaways from the app and only one giveaway was offered in 2020 and it was abruptly cancelled and the last giveaway that was held for Pass was in November 2019! That is just unacceptable.
And I'm willing to bet that a lot of people who downloaded Pokepass did it just for in game events?

The only problem I had with Original Color Magearna is that I think there was a time limit between getting Home, and getting the complete dex, which meant I had to scramble for some version exclusives, especially Zacien.

Come to think of it, are they going to do events at some point for the other version mascot, because even if you do trade, it's possible to get a legendary wolf without it's item, or the other style Urshifu, the steed you didn't pick for Calyrex, or Regidraco/Regielec?

Syther

Y not?
Every time I've tried that pokemon Pass app I've never got my promo pokemon. It's like the point of that app is to try to get us to say "pokemon? Pass."

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart