• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness Recent Happenings Thread V2

Drummerdude

Orre counts as a region right? Cause XD is my next playthrough before X/Y!

After doing a training simulation I found myself forced into a series of fetch quests involving Jovi and some parts after Professor Crane was taken. Most of it was dull, but on the plus side I evolved my starter, Eevee, into a Vaporeon! Once I was free from Jovi following me I explored Gateon Port and got a Poochyena and a Ledyba but I won't be using either. After I did everything there I headed to Agate Village so I could purify some Pokemanz! I defeated all of the random trainers around the village and found Eagun and his wife in their small cottage tree thing. Eagun told me I had to do even more battles before I could purify so I completed them and also managed to beat Eagun. I purified the Teddiursa and took a break.

Blazing Charmander

Having recently completed a playthrough of Ruby in an attempt to play through every game I own before X and Y arrive (not gonna happen now i'm afraid), I have now moved on to Colosseum. However, I chose not to restart the game, instead deciding to tie up the loose ends in my existing file. My adventure in Orre had been suspended at the Snagem Hideout where I needed to snag two more Shadow Pokemon - Smeargle and Ursaring. Successful in doing so, I left the hideout and returned to The Under in order to challenge the Deep Colosseum knockout tournament, where Cipher's Admins were apparently waiting for me. As I soon discovered, Miror B proved a step too far for my team, so I am now training rigorously until I feel we are ready to take on the challenge again.

Team:
Espeon - Lv 57
Umbreon - Lv 54
Typhlosion - Lv 54
Ampharos - Lv 55
Suicune - Lv 54
Flygon - Lv 51/52

Drummerdude

Where to begin...

I went to Mt Battle got Vander's help on Cipher's location. Turns out they were using there old hideout. 6 identical brothers came out, each with a shadow Pokemon. I captured all the Pokemon, but only added Baltoy to the team! I then went through the lab in search of Krane and added a Shroomish to my team. I found him and battled my first Cipher admin and we both narrowly escaped the facility. I was told to go to Pyrite Town and speak with the people of ONBS for help but they sent me to Pokespots. Miror B happened to be at one of them with a Shadow Voltorb, which I snagged and added to the team (but clumsy me forgot to make sure it had Static...freaking Soundproof). Just then ONBS was under attack so I returned there and defeated all the Cipher grunts and Shroomish evolved into Breloom!

After saving ONBS I was told to head to Phenac, but then a lady told me to go to Realgam Tower, but I didn't want to so I returned to Phenac and discovered that Cipher had taken the place of most of the citizens. It was a Shadow Pokemon palooza as I defeated a ridiculous amount of trainers. One of them had a Shadow Grimer which made a welcome addition to my team. Another Cipher admin, Snaggle, was defeated and before I knew it I was on the abandoned SS Libra. There wasn't much here, apart from some Snagem grunts that stole my Snag machine! I gave chase to their hideout, defeated them all, and got my Snag machine back. Then I found yet another Cipher hideout although this one was where they actually made the Shadow Pokemon. I climbed a few floors in the pyramid structure and took a break. Baltoy and Voltorb evolved at some point as well.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I decided to play my some XD. I went to the Orre Colosseum and entered the latest round available to me, which was the Chobin round I believe. My first opponent was an Eeveelution trainer. I got off to a really bad start in this battle, since I somehow forgot that Espeon is faster than Heracross and also had to deal with being confused. I ended up being down to only my Blissey, who was fortunately able to tank my opponent's Pokemon and win the battle for me. On my second battle, I was not so lucky. I predicted incorrectly in regards to the Pokemon and moves the opponent was going to select, and I ended up losing.

I did not feel like trying the colosseum again, so I decided to go do Area 10 of Mt. Battle again. It took a little while, but I cleared it and got some coupons for my troubles.

Drummerdude

I was going to use Sableye as my final team member but I changed my mind and used Butterfree because I don't have any Pokemon that would benefit Claydol's Earthquake. Plus it knows Sleep Powder which is always helpful. I climbed to the top of the factory shut the place down and defeated another Admin. I learned of Cipher's real base on Citadark Isle and headed there after getting to use a Robo Kyogre. It took a while but I was able to reach the end of the facility. Just as I was about to stop Greevil he put up a shield and I could not get through. I took a break after getting stopped.

Edit: Well I finished the game. Snagged and purified all 83 Shadow Pokemon with Lugia being the last one. I really didn't have much trouble against Greevil but I also swapped out Butterfree for Shadow Lugia during the fight because Butterfree was beyond worthless. Had fun doing it. Never used Muk before this and it ended up being my favorite team member so I plan on using it again in the future.

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

Since my last post here in September relating to Colosseum I have managed to clear the Deep Colosseum and snag all of the remaining Shadow Pokemon in the game. After doing so, I decided to embark on the long-winded process of purifying said Shadow Pokemon, which is proving to be as difficult as it sounds due to the fact that I had only purified a few of them during my actual playthrough. I am over halfway through this project now, so I would consider myself to have made solid progress so far. I have also managed to accrue lots of PokeCoupons by training with my Shadow Pokemon on Mt. Battle, so that is a nice little incentive to carry on purifying them all.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
So randomly (and with the encouragement of my friend) I decided to take a team of randoms left over in my XD and 3rd gen games and take them through Mt. Battle in XD. It's a nice way to prepare for X and Y I think lol. I also plan to take them through the Hoenn Elite four, and possibly other games as well.
Right now I have Exploud, Aron, Koffing, Gardevoir, Swellow, and Quagsire. I got to battle 61, but I may have to restart since I've been struggling quite a bit.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
  • I entered the Realgam Tower Colosseum and managed to snatch ;229; , ;241; and ;357; before defeating Cipher Nascour and Evice.
  • I re-entered the tournament and this time managed to seize ;359; which narrowly escaped my grasp from a Shadow Rush Recoil in the first round.
  • My 6th Entry (after consistently overpowering the trainers and Nascour) lead me to my Shadow ;376;, whom I caught in a regular Pokeball :3
  • Attempt #7 was also successful where I claimed the last piece of the tournament puzzle and snagged ;248; in a regular Pokeball aswell.
  • Now eventually moving on to the post game section I headed to meet Secc who told me to battle Cail who told me to go to the former Snagem Hideout.
  • In a bid to stop the incescent emails informing me of Shadow Pokemon that I've already encountered I scoured the Snagem Lab, found the ;159; and departed to train at Mt Battle.
  • 40 Shadow Pokemon have been rescued but only 5 purified. I still need to search for the remaining 8 before I reset my game and start a new chapter.

So far my present team is:

;197; Umbreon - Level 55
Faint Attack, Secret Power, Confuse Ray, Mean Look

;196; Espeon - Level 60
Psychic, Return, Reflect, Morning Sun

;154; Meganium - Level 63
Solar Beam, Sunny Day, Body Slam, Synthesis

;181; Ampharos - Level 64
Thunderbolt, Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Light Screen

;221; Piloswine - Level 59
Toxic, Endure, Earthquake, Ice Beam

;308; Medicham - Level 61
Psychic, Recover, Calm Mind, High Jump Kick

Von Mistelroum

have any of you found any shiny pokemon that are differently coloured to gba? if so, got any pics? I had a shiny camerupt which was dark red on colosseum, not as cool as it's original black, but for some reason made it even more special. Traded it over to Black 2 now, so i dont have any pictures.
I'm currently training up a fully EV trained on Ruby to take on the Orre colosseum. Gonna trade when they're level 60
TEAM: ( with desired moveset; not current)
Shiftry: LVL 60
Explosion, Rest, Brick Break, Shadow Ball
Sandslash: LVL 55
Swords Dance, Earthquake, Protect, Hyper Beam(maybe)
Walrein: LVL 60
Rest, Ice Beam, Surf, Protect
Xatu: LVL 43
Wish, Psychic, Protect, Fly
Weezing: LVL 46
Explosion, Protect, SludgeBomb, Toxic
Manectric: LVL 58
Thunderbolt, Protect, Bite, Quick Attack

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
In honour of its 10th anniversary, I went back to my old copy of Colosseum today. My Level 100 Espeon annihilated the competition, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as usual... Good times.

Innocentmercy

.: I did not know it's the 10th anniversary of this game :0 Luckily I've whipped up a fanart today!

I love this game, it was the reason why I've played my Gamecube alot ;____;