• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness Recent Happenings Thread V2

Blazing Charmander

Just yesterday I restarted XD after 2-3 years of owning the game and having played through just one file. I am currently located in Agate Village.

Firstly, I mulled over whether to SR for a Shiny Eevee, but decided against it when realising that a) watching through the intro sequence/battle SIM to find out about it would be too time consuming, and b) the odds of finding a shiny on these games must be pretty high (unsure whether they're higher than on the handheld games). But anyways, I sufficed with a regular Male, Hardy Eevee and played through to where I am now.

I have acquired Shadow Teddiursa, Ledyba and Poochyena along the way (the Teddiursa of which I also considered SRing for, but decided against lol). Teddiursa has been purified in Agate, but I have yet to purify the latter two as I saved and switched off for today after Eagun congratulated me for Purifying Teddiursa and taking me back to his. And just as a note, I decided to evolve my Eevee to Espeon, and it did so after one level of holding the Sun Shard.

Current Team:
Espeon - Lv13
Teddiursa - Lv11 (PURIFIED)
Ledyba - Lv10
Poochyena - Lv10

-Totodile-

GOTCHA!
I've been playing XD for a few weeks now, after finding a memory card to play a new file on. (If I can find a cheap memory card, I'll restart Collo too)

I'm not playing for speed or anything, I've just arrived at the Outskirt Stand.

Current Team:
Ursaring Lv.31
Vaporeon Lv.31
Nuzleaf Lv.30
Ledian Lv.29

When I capture Growlithe, I'll be adding it to my roster. I'm seriously considering dropping Ledian, though. She hasn't been pulling her weight anymore. :(

Blazing Charmander

A small update from yesterday. I've purified Ledyba and Poochyena and have decided to nickname all of my party Pokemon. Once I nicknamed them all, I departed from Agate in hope of getting information about the Cipher Pkmn Lab from Vander at Mt. Battle. I did so, and proceeded towards the Lab. The Cipher Sextuplets have been conquered by me, and I've managed to snag all of their Shadow Pokemon. Currently, I am saved just inside the Lab after battling just a couple of the Peons inside.

Current Team:
Espeon (Apollo) - Lv16
Teddiursa (Honey) - Lv14
Ledyba (Comet) - Lv14
Poochyena (Shadow) - Lv13
Mareep - Lv17+
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Large UPDATE (15/09/08):

So since I last posted, I have gotten quite far in my file. I'm currently in a position where i've just kicked Cipher out of Phenac and freed the citizens from Justy's basement. My team has also had a fair few changes since last time, but I wouldn't say that it's my final team yet.

I now hope to get the upgrade for my scooter so I can get to the SS Libra in the desert and kick on from there.

Current Team:
Espeon (Apollo) - Lv27
Flaaffy (Cotton - changing nickname to 'Candy' soon lol) - Lv26
Mightyena (Lunar) - Lv25/26
Vulpix (Firefox) - Lv25
Seel - Lv23
Ariados (Silk) - Lv25

Last edited:

Torpoleon

In my colosseum I got so close to getting up to Nascour in realgam tower! In my Pokemon XD i am up to Citadark Isle but never started it.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Both of my Espeon and Umbreon in Colosseum turned level 100 today! In the same battle! XD

Well, I decided to play Pokemon XD again after a long haltus. I was training for Citadark Isle when I first picked it up, and now after four hours or so I'm finally ready to battle the big boss and catch Lugia! I wanted to SR for a Shiny Lugia, but I doubt I'll be able to last that long >.>

My Team:

Espeon (Leaf) Lv. 53
Houndoom (Zane) Lv. 50
Aggron (Bosugodora) Lv. 50
Crobat (Keese) Lv. 48
Electabuzz (ZAPRONG) Lv. 47 (Its Duking's...)
Sharpedo (Tetra) Lv. 48

At the moment I've put Zaprong in the PC to make room for Lugia when I catch him.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Let's see. I just got the OMG Mt. Battle is under attack! News, and I'm just about the head up Mt. Battle and do some challenges.

But I've been meaning to watch The Sword in the Stone, so I think I'll get a set of Pokemon I don't want to bother to purify and do the walking glitch while I watch.

In XD, I'm currently going through ONBS while it's occupied by cipher. However, I took a brief break to take the colosseum challenge, where I snagged a Makhuta I had missed earlier from Miror B. That dude looks really creepy in this game.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
In Colosseum, I'm just about to go to the under, but I'm currently on Mt. Battle doing some leveling so I can get a few key players up to speed.

I fainted Entei in my first battle against him, but I'll wait to do the Master Ball trick. I caught them all legitimately my first time through, so now I claim the right to exploit glitches.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I've reached the end of the game, and my team consists of level 100 Espeon, level 100 Umbreon, level 80 Meganium, level 60 Raikou, level 60 Entei and level 60 Suicune.

Blazing Charmander

I've recently reached the Cipher Key Lair on XD and have reached the Cipher Peon who possessed the Shadow Butterfree and Tangela. Up to this point, i've snagged every Pokemon at the Lair and have decided to make Tangela a permanent acquisition to my team. I now have three team members who were going to be on my scramble challenge that I decided to abandon (Espeon, Ampharos and Tangela) - how ironic. Anyway, next time I play, I hope to sweep through the rest of the Lair and defeat Gorigan before making more progress.

Current Team:
Apollo (Espeon) - Lv35
Candy (Ampharos) - Lv34
Lunar (Mightyena) - Lv32/33
Firefox (Vulpix) - Lv34
Flipper (Seel) - Lv34
Tangela

Lottie

Ff Muffin to you...
I've just beaten Miror B at the Cave Pokespot on XD (and I love the new animations for Miror B!) and I'm currently thinking of the best way to purify my shadow pokemon.

Current team
Jolteon
Houndour (Purified)
Ariados (Purified)
Spheal (Purified)
Baltoy (Purified)
Nuzleaf (Purified)

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I'm currently trying to get a Modest serene grace Togepi; it's taking longer than I anticipated. I was planing on trying for a shiny one, but I want to hurry up and get to Lugia. Of course if I shiny one shows up first then I'll just keep that instead.

Speaking of Lugia, Im planing on SR'ing for a shiny one. Can anyone confirm if you can tell if it's shiny straight away (do the orange orbs circle around it as it appears like other shinies?) or do you have to actually purify it to tell.

I've read two different threads on the forum, and they both said different things (one said you'd see the orange orbs when it appears, the other said you have to purify shadow Lugia first) It's all rather confusing. ^^;

Lottie

Ff Muffin to you...
Personally Heliotrope I think you can only tell if Lugia is shiny when you've purified it. However I'm sure Chaos/Bobandbill will be along in good time and set us right :)

Edit: Rank up!

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
playing thru XD for the 3rd time, just killing time until plat. comes out. also trying to get better natured stuff. i lucked out (at least i think so) the 2nd time thru & got an adamant lugia. been playing for about two solid weeks, now on citidark island. got the togepi purified, & REALLY lucked out. it's serene grace, calm natured...(YAY ME!!) that sucker will be traded to emerald & cloned within an inch of its life first chance i get. then hordel can have it back. i have to wait until this weekend to finish the rest of citidark. (real life & all that)

shadowtomb987

I beat both games, but I have all the Shadow Pokemon purified for Pokemon XD. Unfortunately, I do not have all the shadow pokemon for Collesium.

I started playing one my XD save files two days ago (Which I had forgotten about for about a year). When I turned on, the file had just caught Zangoose from... that guy... with the bad name... Now, I've reached Citadark Isle and I'm about to fight the guys with Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. So far, I have only missed snagging one Pokemon (A Rapidash that apparently doesn't like CriticalHit Bites).

Team:
Lv 39 Jolteon -Main Powerhouse / Electric / Dark Attacks
Lv 41 Dusclops -Special Defense Wall / Status Producer / Helping Hander
Lv 40 Dewgong -Water / Ice Attacks / Helping Hander
Lv 39 Ninetales -Fire Attacks / Helping Hander
Lv 40 Breloom -Status Producer/ False Swipe / Physical Powerhouse
Lv 41 Pupitar -Stat Builder / Physical Powerhouse

Blazing Charmander

^ To be fair all of the people on Colosseum/XD have terrible and unrealistic names lol.

Anyway, I haven't done an awful lot on XD since my last update a few months/posts ago largely due to losing interest and having college work and generally better things to do. However, I managed to clear the Cipher Key Lair and had a pretty interesting battle against Gorigan. My Seel evolved into Dewgong prior to the battle (against one of the Peons), and when I did battle Gorigan, I managed to defeat all of his Pokemon before he sent out his Shadow Hypno and Primeape. It took me ages to catch them, with them taking out most of my party, but after a while they gave in lol.

I forget how much of the game is left at this point now, but if memory serves from 3 years ago, I only have to fix the Mecha Kyogre before being able to travel to Citadark Isle seeing as my shiny new Shadow radar on my PDA lists only Pokemon catchable on Citadark. Before I go there though, I think i'll purify Tangela and evolve Vulpix with a Fire Stone.

Current Team:
Espeon (Apollo)
Ampharos (Candy)
Mightyena (Lunar)
Vulpix (Firefox)
Dewgong (Flipper)
Tangela

Last edited:
Following on from my last post, I have now beaten Master Greevil, finished the first round of the Orre Colosseum and caught ALL of the Shadow Pokemon (First time in XD!). -And all in the same day!

Greevil was barely a challenge, most of his Pokemon succumbbed to my Lv55 Tyrani-tank and 53 Ninetales. On my first try, I caught Lugia (obviously), Articuno, Zapdos and Tauros - More than 50% of his arsenal.

After watching the credits pass, I got to work, transferring some of my better Pokemon from Emerald (A Lv100 Scizor w/False Swipe works wonders to round up Shadow Pokemon). I caught the rest of Greevils Pokemon with ease, thanks to Scizor and an over-powered Mewtwo.

Aswell as transferring Scizor and Mewtwo, my 'Explosive' Double Battle Squad came over to XD. Utilising the epic of Explosion, I was able to make short work of the first Orre Colosseum Round (apart from a mischevious Misdrevus).

Suddenly, my Mirror Radar sounded - He was at Gateon Port! Watching his funky-fresh disco moves for the last time, I sent him packing, while I got Dragonite!

I took a slight detour to get a Lucky Egg...

So now, with only 4 Pokemon to purify (In the chambers as I write), Cipher stompped into the ground and the Orre Colosseum begging me to come back for another can of -whupp-a*s, I am premeturely calling my game finished. I leave you with the team which beat Greevil once and for all, and wish everyone else luck with their own challenges.

Lv 53 Jolteon
Lv 52 Breloom
Lv 53 Ninetales
Lv 55 Tyranitar
Lv 53 Dewgong
Lv 54 Dusclops

Thanks. PocketmonMaster.

I had a random urge to play XD today, so I picked up my game in hopes of getting Totodile from Mt. Battle. I had last saved at the Orre Colosseum, where I had got murdered at (I hate that place so much). I only got to Zone 17 before I called it quits. My random urge didn't last long.

Team (All pokemon are nicknamed with their names lowercased):

Lv. 100 Absol
Lv. 100 Meganium
Lv. 100 Flygon
Lv. 100 Rhydon (named Rhy)
Lv. 100 Gyarados
Lv. 100 Crobat

Meh...