• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness Recent Happenings Thread V2

Bestemnx

SOUL SILVAHHH
XD Team:
Apollo the Espeon - Lv47
Candy the Ampharos - Lv45
Firefox the Ninetales - Lv46
Flipper the Dewgong - Lv43
Spaghetti the Tangela - Lv42
Phunt the Donphan - Lv38

Hi, I was wondering what level did you evolve your Vulpix? Do you remember the level up moves you taught it? I'm so confused on what moves pokemon learn on XD and when. Thanks!

Well, after defeating Cipher at ONBS and losing miserably to Zook, I decided to train. I've just defeated Miror B at the outskirt stand and my team looks like this now:

Jolteon (Buzz) - lvl 27
Spheal (Ceru) - lvl 27
Houndoom (Chunk) - lvl 27
Delcatty (Bailey) - lvl 27
Kirlia (Carlos) - lvl 27
Vulpix (Ruby) - lvl 27

Along with training I'm trying to find a Tranpinch at a pokespot to replace Houndoom. (I've already trained one on my other file anyways) I wasn't planning on keeping Delcatty but she is a really good annoyer with Sweet Kiss and Attract. I'm keeping her until shadow Scyther comes along. As soon as I level up my team another level I'm heading over to Team Snagem's hideout.

Blazing Charmander

Hi, I was wondering what level did you evolve your Vulpix? Do you remember the level up moves you taught it? I'm so confused on what moves pokemon learn on XD and when. Thanks!

Hi, well her current moves as a Ninetales are Flamethrower, Dig, Confuse Ray and Safeguard. All but dig were taught as level up moves (Dig was a purified move I believe). As for evolving her, from what I remember I evolved her just prior to the battle with Greevil as I really wanted to keep her as a Vulpix yet she wasn't strong enough. So she would probably have been around Lv40 when I evolved her. I think once evolved, Ninetales can only learn Fire Spin at Level 45 and that's it, so it's probably best to keep it as a Vulpix to learn all its level up moves. Hope I helped. :) The Serebii Pokedex should help if you're still unsure.

On my XD file, i've just been wandering around Orre as I continue waiting for Pokemon to show up at the Oasis Pokespot. In the meantime, i've been attempting to purify the Shadow Togepi by pitting it in battles at Mt. Battle/walking around with it.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
I didn't get around to doing much since my last post.

I got Suicune and Ampharos up to Lv. 76 and 73 respectively, through my usual training at Mt. Battle. I was thinking of spending some of my PokeCoupons but decided not to, even though I've saved up about 20 000.

Also decided to do some training of the Slugma I purified earlier. She is now a Lv. 42 Magcargo after some training at Pyrite Town and Phenac Colosseum.

My current main team is:
~ Espeon Lv. 78
~ Flygon Lv. 76
~ Typhlosion Lv. 75
~ Umbreon Lv. 72
~ Suicune Lv. 76
~ Ampharos Lv. 73

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Today I finally finished XD. I kept catching more and more shadow Pokemon, and soon I had all 9 chambers with perfect tempo. When I purified Lugia, sadly it was a Bashful nature, but I can wait until SoulSilver for a better Lugia. I also finished the Lucky Egg mission, so now I can get back to my Emerald Grass Monotype challenge.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
Had the biggest run of hax I've ever witnessed. In the Duel Square, there is one guy who has a Bagon and Swinub. I sent out Ralts and Vulpix. Not far in, the Swinub uses Powder Snow and f*****' freezes both of my Pokemon. I use Full Heals and guess what? Same Freeze hax. Anyway, I'm in Phenac City right now clearing out the stupid Team Cipher. This will take a while. Sigh. Ralts has been purified and I'm going to buy some colonge to purify Vulpix without battling.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
Since my last post, I battled each of the Colosseums (except Deep Colosseum) to win the various TM prizes and gain some much needed money. I levelled up each Pokemon in my team by about two as well.

Decided to do some more purifying. I currently have 18 purified.

Saved the Story Mode at that point then I decided to try out Battle Mode. I went to the one where you got a pre-set team and decided to battle on expert. Out of 5 battles, I beat the AI four times. The AI beat me by hax that one time.

My current main team is:
~ Espeon Lv. 80
~ Flygon Lv. 78
~ Typhlosion Lv. 77
~ Umbreon Lv. 74
~ Suicune Lv. 78
~ Ampharos Lv. 75

Bestemnx

SOUL SILVAHHH
So, a lot has happened since I've last posted. I have chased away both Team Snagem and Cipher from their bases. And GASP, that old man is master greevil. I then decided to take a break from the main storyline and do some major training. I finally found a replacement for Houndoom with a Pidgeot. I got to Area 6 at Mt. Battle and decided my team was good enough to move on. Right now they look like this:

Jolteon (Buzz) - lvl 41
[Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Double Kick, Bite]
Spheal (Ceru) - lvl 40
[Ice Beam, Rest, Water Pulse, Body Slam]
Ninetails (Ruby) - lvl 40
[Flamethrower, Dig, Confuse Ray, Safeguard]
Delcatty (Bailey) - lvl 40
[Attract, Secret Power, Sweet Kiss, Shock Wave]
Gardevoir (Carlos) - lvl 40
[Psychic, Calm Mind, Sing, Shock Wave]
Pidgeot (Ace) - lvl 40
[Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Featherdance, Refresh]

I'm trying to get some TMs to replace Delcatty's/Gardevoir's shock wave and get another decent move on Pidgeot. I might have to replace him with Swellow when it comes along because of the limited movepool.

Currently, I am only on the first floor of Citadark Isle and I have snagged all shadow pokemon I have come across. I think purifying is 40/45 but I'm not sure. I am kicking butt since everyone else's pokemon are at level 33/34. I'm also in desperate need of money. I'm down to like....3 ultra balls and 3 hyper potions. Soooo desperate, I'll probably get meowth out from the PC and abuse pay day.

Also, I think I'm going to try and search for another memory card and replay XD with Vaporeon or replay Colloseum when I'm finished with this file.

That's all for now.

Last edited:

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Just got Ho-oh yesterday in colosseum. =]

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
I finally defeated all of the imposter citizens in Phenac City then went inside the gym. I took care of the imposters there then I went to the stadium. It took a couple of days to finally whoop Snattle (underleveled and that Castform's moveset. -_-). I am now training in Mt. Battle with Pokemon that I consider to have potential.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
since its been a long time since i played i decided to restart. after getting jolteon i proceeded to catch all pokemon upto the "power rangers". after catching gulpin and spheal i stored gulpin in a box and went to Mt battle. Here i got my team to lvl 18 and spheal ended up at lvl 20 after purification. back at the brothers i battled the purple one again then caught the rest of thier shadow pokemon. Ithen made it through the base, catching all the shadows and went to try area 3 of Mt battle. I made it to # 25 B4 quitting as i had trouble with 23 and 24. i am now right outside Pyrite town.

team
jolteon lvl 22
delcatty lvl 18+
spheal lvl 22
houndour lvl 22
teddiursa lvl 22
nuzleaf lvl 22

Last edited:

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
After freeing everyone in Phenac and having a climactic battle with Snattle, I took a little breather. However, I was summoned to ONBS rooftop where a little girl claimed she lost her Bonsly. After accepting the task of searching for it on the S.S. Libra, I then traveled to the massive ship. Approaching it, I the motorbike got caught in the sand and then I had to retreat to the HQ Lab. Visiting Gateon Port, the motorbike would be modified, if the grandpa wasn’t at Kaminko’s house. Going through there with the events, the motorbike was upgraded. I crossed over the sand and then proceeded to explore the ship. After a couple of events, I then descended down into the ship to rescue the Bonsly. After returning and a couple of scenes, I eventually had a battle of Zook. I struggled a bit, but eventually won after a couple of times. After Pyrite Town and Outskirt Stand, I battled against Rider Willie in the Stand. He went down and had fun with the battle. Getting more progressive in the game, I invaded the Team Snag’em Hideout. After defeating every single member, the office of Wakin and Gonzap was reached as they tried to pose a threat, but failed in the end. After gaining the Gonzap Key, I opened a treasure chest containing Brick Bream. Finally, I returned to the Cipher Key Lair and managed to battle Zook for one last time, obtaining his Shadow Pokemon. When I advanced, two muscular guards surrounded me and things looked perilous. However, Wakin and Gonzap appeared and made short work of the guards. I then traversed the Key Lair and came to the roof. I defeated the scientist there then went inside the lair of Gorigan. Here, he was surprised I defeated every member in the Lair. Magneton scored two Thunders in a row (!) and I eventually wittled his to nothing and he surrendered after a familiar face appeared on a TV screen. Finally, I got the Robo-Kyogre and then prepared to travel to Citadark Isle. What awaits me? We’ll find out.

Edit: Traveled to Citadark Isle and instantly battled with a Navigator. I went inside and battled various trainers. There was a PC and a Healing Machine. I utilized those and then spiraled around the room to the center wtih an elevator... Guess who appeared? Lovrina did. With a stronger team, I expected a challenge and got one, but then overcame her with might and Lv. 37 Pokemon. I will now climb up the elevator later today.

Edit again: Traversed through the Citadark Isle and saw what created the waves. Then came a couple of more floors including one with a massive amount of enemies all guarding treasures etc. Got 3 Rare Candies and faced a guy with a Lv. 44 Crobat. He fell down after a skirmish and made my way to the roof, fighting every member. There, I saw Snattle emerge from an elevator. The only ones that gave me a problem were his Scizor and that blasted Castform. I also captured his Solrock and much more useful Starmie. Continuing on, I saw where Ardos was standing. After his speech about Zook, let's just say that things didn't go so well. Had to restart three times and train at Mt. Battle until the team was Lv. 42. Still, I could not win and capture his Shadow Pokemon, so I had to bring in Altaria and Starmie so the Shadow moves wouldn't be effective. I defeated him and snagged his Electabuzz and Snorlax. After a cutscene, I then encoutered Gorigan come from an elevator (this game has a think for elevators). He wasn't nearly as hard as Ardos and captured his Poliwrath and the humorous Mr. Mime. Went down the elevator and defeated the last goon and finally took care of Eldes. Greevil is next, and the Master Ball will make everything easier.

Last edited:

Still battling my way through Mt. Battle. Just need to get passed the guy on Level 100 (can't remember his name! Battle Master something or other) and then I'm done with the place! All my pokes are currently in the low 60's level wise.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Colosseum: restarted then did all the normal stuff upto catching quilava. after that i boxed espeon and umbreon hoping to use quil' as my "starter". unfortunatly the first battle i had with it and makuhita was against the misdreavus trainer and after 3 tries i gave up as i lost all 3 times. might bring back umbreon just for this battle.

XD. Battled everyone outside of ONBS in Pyrite town. in between those battles i gathered all the spare items laying in the hotel and around town. Soon after Delcatty was ready to be purified so i went and did that. i then battled a trainer or 2 B4 headeding back to Onbs where i gave them the disc.

team
jolteon lvl 22
delcatty lvl 22
spheal lvl 22
houndour lvl 22
teddiursa lvl 23
nuzleaf lvl 22

Last edited:

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
Completed the game

I had my battle with Greevil today. He sent out Moltres and Rhydon, I sent out Sharpedo and Ampharos. I quickly switched them for Lugia Electabuzz. The majority of the battle consisted of Shadow Half from Electabuzz, healing with Lugia, and capturing all but the Moltres. However, a quick trip back to Citadark Isle rectified the situation. However, on my prusuit to capture Moltres, a bleepin' Aerodactyl scored two critical hits on two different legendary Pokemon, causing them to faint.

I also battled Eagun and made mincemeat of his Pichu and Pikachu. His Raichu however, put up a great fight, yet I conquered and we'll see what happens next.

Edit: Well, after defeating XD, I figured that I will continue with Colosseum. I remember last year that I could not defeat Venus using any combination possible so what did I do? Went to Mt. Battle and trained and trained until everyone was Lv. 40. Then came the rematch. After a year or so of waiting, I finally entered the studio and interrupted her broadcast. I went in and just slaughtered her team and captured her Suicune. Then she ran away and I had to chase her and after some cutscenes, let's just say that I cleared the Under and even discovered a Time Flute and elevator leading to the Under. Finally, it was time to make the last rat known After traversing the Lab and defeating the Scientists, I came to Ein. The man who left behind all the files, let's just say that capturing his Raikou was the hardest part AFter a couple f more thngs, I made my way to the Realgem Tower. There was the somewhat standard boss rush against all four admins. and evnetually some time soon I will face Gonzap and Nascour!

Last edited:

Yay! Finally cleared Mt. Battle - go me! lol Now I've just got to figure out what to do next in Colosseum as it has been ages since I played the story mode. I do remember I got as far as capturing Entei though...

Last edited:

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
Well, after ascending the Realgem Tower, I finally made it to Gonzap. He thought that he was powerful enough to take me down, but he fell down to the power of Medicham and other guys on my team. However, that Skarmory just annoyed me to no end. The blasted thing wouldn't stay in and I eventualy restarted. After facing him again, I finally managed to Snag the Skarmory after only 3 Ultra Balls instead of 5 Timer Balls and 10 Ultra Balls that failed. Then, I went through a rush of four combantans in the Realgem Colosseum. I did not capture the Houndoom, but all the others were easy. Finally, the man who I say at the beginning of the game appeared. Nascour emerged from an elevator/from the locker room and I then battled him. It was tooth and nail as I had only a couple of Revives and about 10 Hyper Potions. After having Raikou and Suicune faint, it was the final battle with Umbreon vs. Metagross. A couple of Faint Attacks from Umbreon and Shadow Rushes from Metagross turned into one chance to get the Metagross. One Ultra Ball actually captured it when it had 3 or so HP left. That was really lucky getting it and still having Umbreon left. As expected, I lost to the final boss.

I then decided to go around in the Colosseums and collect money and battle different Trainers, raising my team to Lv. 55 (Jumpluff, Raikou, Suicune, Umbreon, Espeon, and Medicham). They are all at Lv. 48 and Raikou is Lv. 46.

Ok, I'm back on the road to do the main quest now after spending hours levelling my Pokemon up at Mt. Battle. Have caught a few more Shadow Pokemon (including Suicune) and am now battling my way through The Under chasing Venus to the next destination.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
I'd like to announce that I hate you, person who posted "You can get all three Johto Starters at the start of the game if you just faint after you snag each shadow in Colloseum".

Anyway, I decided I'd rather just beat the game than do a scramble challenge. Started the game, caught Makuhita, bought a million items, then deposited it and tried the trick on Bluno. I deposited my new Croconaw in the box, and challenged Rosso.

Who didn't have Quilava.

Thanks a lot. I now have no money and my Eons fainted, probably making them less friendly.

D=

Caught up with Venus but she managed to escape my clutches ;) Captured another Shadow Pokémon (Piloswine) and have decided to take on The Under Colosseum to beef my Pokes up some more and to purify the Shadow Pokémon I have recently acquired.

Last edited: