• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

D*N

Musical Star
D*N, first, you need to have Wi-Fi Connection.

You also need to have Mystery Gift (you talk to a person in Jubilife city and he gives you it this is how to do it)

Go to Jubilife city and go to the third (I think I don't remember) and talk to a man in there there will be one who will ask you for an interview, in the first interview say these words: EVERYONE HAPPY and then he will interview you again asking for feedback. This time you say: Wi-Fi CONNECTION. Save then turn off your DS and put it back on and in the menu screen when you first turn it on it will say MYSTERY GIFT

You do not have to go to Gamestop for this, I got it from my own home.

After you clicked Mystery Gift, click via wifi connection and you will see ;172;

After you got it, Go to ANY Pokemart and there will be a man, talk to him and he will give you the Pichu (if your party is full then you will have to leave one Pokemon in your PC Box) then SAVE :) done.

EDIT: This event just works on Diamond, Platinum and Pearl versions

everything went right till the receive gift.
:acces point's security is not supported by Nintendo ds :(
Do i have the wrong wi-fi or something?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
everything went right till the receive gift.
:acces point's security is not supported by Nintendo ds :(
Do i have the wrong wi-fi or something?

Your Router needs to be using WEP, or no security at all. Anything else doesn't work.

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
the berries will not dissapear or wilt but they will be in a frozen state for about a day. the same effect will happen to apricorns too.

What does berries in a frozen state mean?
Does it mean they are there but you cannot get them nor water them?

And how does time changing affect the Pokewalker? Do you lose watts and other information once you connect again to DS?

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
Dose the power items work with pokemon from other counties?

Boxramas

I feel like I'm missing something, but it wasn't explicitly said on the HG/SS article for swarms.

When do swarms first start? After listening to Mary and Oak for a while I'm guessing I'm not far enough. Do I need the National Pokedex, like in the other Gen IV games? And will it be a 24 hour event from 12:00AM to 12:00AM the next day on my DS clock?

hitoshura0

You need the National dex to trigger swarms, and they will be the first thing you "hear" about when listening to Oak's show.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
What does berries in a frozen state mean?
Does it mean they are there but you cannot get them nor water them?

And how does time changing affect the Pokewalker? Do you lose watts and other information once you connect again to DS?

It just messes with what time the Pokewalker thinks it is internally if you don't set the time back, which has really little affect over anything unless you use it to skip the 12:00AM mark which will allow you to keep the steps you worked up on day for tomorrow (or whenever it finally hits 12:00AM) ... overall there really isn't that big of an impact.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
How come Bugsy won't ask for a rematch?

I got his number this morning while he was in Viridian Forest, and according to the main site, if I call Bugsy at noon on Thursday, which is now in my file, he'll ask me if I want a rematch.... But all he says is something about challenging the Kanto gyms.

Do I need all 16 badges for a rematch?

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
How come Bugsy won't ask for a rematch?

I got his number this morning while he was in Viridian Forest, and according to the main site, if I call Bugsy at noon on Thursday, which is now in my file, he'll ask me if I want a rematch.... But all he says is something about challenging the Kanto gyms.

Do I need all 16 badges for a rematch?
yes you need all of them to re-battle now if you excuse me I have some bug to squash.

slappywag

Sorry if this is a really common question.. I googled like 10 different variations of it but couldn't find a blank answer..

Do Shiny pokemon gain EV quicker than normal pokemon? A friend of mine told me they gain double. If so, does that stack with Macho Brace / Wristbands or whatever?

Sorry again ^_^

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Sorry if this is a really common question.. I googled like 10 different variations of it but couldn't find a blank answer..

Do Shiny pokemon gain EV quicker than normal pokemon? A friend of mine told me they gain double. If so, does that stack with Macho Brace / Wristbands or whatever?

Sorry again ^_^

That would be Pokerus, not shiny :p ... Shiny Pokemon gain EVs just as fast as normal ones, Pokerus doubles the EVs received normally.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
HI MY SOUL SILVER AND LUGIA FIGURE CAME 2DAY! just wanted to know if the figure has a black part on the face of lugia. is it dirty or is it the effect?

Saph

Rapscallion
:( not fair,,,,,
You should be able to change your router settings to a WEP encryption. If you're not in charge of your router (living with your parents or something like that) you should ask for permission first. But visit the Nintendo WiFi Connection part of this forum if you need help.

EDIT: If I were to soft-reset to get a good nature for the ExtremeSpeed Dratini, at which point should I save? Before or after I have answered the questions?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
When do the construction workers finish south of Fuschia City?

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Just change the method of encryption.

Of course... o_O

If you mean at the tip it's got a blackish thing. Yes, that's normal. Mine is also like that.

thank you, i htougt it was bad but my sister said its the effect!

mbruno

I know that you get the Arceus plates from the captain of the SS Aqua on trips after the first one, but when I took a second trip and talked to the captain, he didn't give me anything. Is there something special I need to do before he'll start giving me the plates?

I'm guessing you need all 16 badges first, but could someone tell me for sure?

plec123

I went to all the suicune locations other than rt 25, but when i went to rt 25 suicune wasnt there.
What am i doing wrong? eusine gave me the tip already so i know ive been to all the places except rt 25...

Status
Not open for further replies.