• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Female Steelix

A Female Steelix
How are you supposed to get your team up to par enough to take on Red without getting owned? There are no trainers left, little to no rematches, and no decent leveled wild pokemon to grind with.

Lorde

How are you supposed to get your team up to par enough to take on Red without getting owned? There are no trainers left, little to no rematches, and no decent leveled wild pokemon to grind with.

The Elite Four, Gym Leader rematches, et cetera. There's a lot of training potential, you just need to look around.

Tombo

Yeah I don't even understand how this dowsing machine works now. Can someone explain? Trying to find the machine piece in Cerulean Gym.

Lorde

Yeah I don't even understand how this dowsing machine works now. Can someone explain? Trying to find the machine piece in Cerulean Gym.

Well the item is in the innertube closest to Misty's podium. Just check there.

I don't know how to explain the usage of the DM though.

Last edited:

kingofthedead

<-- newest shiny

You don't need the dowsing machine in order to find the machine piece in the Cerulean Gym. After youve beaten the rocket grunt just go inside the gym and click A on the round floats. Theres a couple of them in there so check them both.

edit: Beaten!

Kirby Phelps (PK)

EarthBound anyone?
My Noctowl's about to learn Air Slash. Which move (if any) should I delete?

Confusion
Fly
Shadow Ball
Hypnosis

I was thinking Shadow Ball, since my Feraligatr knows Crunch if I ever wanna off any Psychic types. But I was also thinking Confusion, since I plan on getting a Jynx soon, and I could use her for any Psychic type attacks. What do you guys think?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
You need to go to Clair again and come back to dragon's den after she gives you the dragon pulse TM.

Also , I have a question about Latias. Is there anyway I can prevent Steven from appearing? I want to save catching latias for later since I want to SR for it. And will synchronize work on Latias?

Not sure about preventing Steven from appearing.

But as for synchronize, I'm pretty sure its nature is determined upon talking to Steven, so I would assume it doesn't work.

I dont believe theres a way to delay steven and latias' nature is set the minute it begins roaming... just like entei suicune and raikou

JustRob

Dragon Trainer
Does anyone have tips for finding Entei / Raikou? I know you can track them with PokeGear, but once I get close, they move away again. Latias did that too, but he onlly moved one route further, so I was able to find him rather easily. However, Entei and Raikou move a fair distance away, so even if I don't use Fly, when I get to them they're already gone.

HoennMaster

Yeah I don't even understand how this dowsing machine works now. Can someone explain?

It's very easy. You touch the stylus to the screen and move it around the circle. If there is an item nearby the red will get brighter, eventually becoming orange and yellow as you get closer. Eventually you will see a dot in one of the tiny boxes, showing you how many space away you are.

Joco

After the Route 35 there is a building. If i go to the left, i meet an old man, and he say to me something (i don't understand what). There is a huge building, where i meet a pink girl, she say bla bla japanese
In there the pokemons running (if i think good).
What can i do here?

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Alright then...

In the glitch thread, I've heard one person say that their screen gets dimmer when talking to their Pokemon, and sleep mode makes their game crash. Is it true for all games or just a rare occurence?

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Alright then...

In the glitch thread, I've heard one person say that their screen gets dimmer when talking to their Pokemon, and sleep mode makes their game crash. Is it true for all games or just a rare occurence?

pigingy

Is the catch rate of the red gyarados the same as the normal gyaradoses?

Joco

THX!
Can i catch Yanma only on the route 35 right? And i have only 1% to find one.

Is there a special way to find him as Dunspace (i can find so much under the rocks)?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Alright then...

Never experienced anything of the kind.

Is the catch rate of the red gyarados the same as the normal gyaradoses?

Yes.

THX!
Can i catch Yanma only on the route 35 right? And i have only 1% to find one.

Is there a special way to find him as Dunspace (i can find so much under the rocks)?

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/johto/route35.shtml

The only way to improve the chances are through swarms.

Status
Not open for further replies.