• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDark

Breeder
why isn't the love ball working on latias when i have a leading male pokemon

Megaflame566

Rising Flames
why isn't the love ball working on latias when i have a leading male pokemon

It works but it just raises the chance of catching its not a guarantee catch

Brave Birdy

If my safari zone decorations level up, will they keep their level if I remove them?

For example, I have 30 water decorations in the forest area, in 10 days, they will be at level 2. Once they're at level 2, will they go back to level 1 if I remove them and place them in the Savannah?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
If my safari zone decorations level up, will they keep their level if I remove them?

For example, I have 30 water decorations in the forest area, in 10 days, they will be at level 2. Once they're at level 2, will they go back to level 1 if I remove them and place them in the Savannah?

No, it's the area itself that 'levels up' really... once an area has gotten a 'level up' to it's blocks it can't be undone so you're safe :)

Brave Birdy

No, it's the area itself that 'levels up' really... once an area has gotten a 'level up' to it's blocks it can't be undone so you're safe :)

Oh, I think I get what you're saying. So in a level 2 area, all blocks placed will have a value of 2 rather than 1. Then how do I go about leveling up an area?

Bank$

I went to all the suicune locations other than rt 25, but when i went to rt 25 suicune wasnt there.
What am i doing wrong? eusine gave me the tip already so i know ive been to all the places except rt 25...

At any point after seeing Suicune in Route 14, go to Route 25 and to the higher ground just east of Bill's house. Here, you will find Suicune waiting.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now

Will the legendary dogs roam in unexplored areas too once I release them?
Or only the areas I have explored?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Oh, I think I get what you're saying. So in a level 2 area, all blocks placed will have a value of 2 rather than 1. Then how do I go about leveling up an area?

Days are counted for how long that particular area has been 'active' for. Each level up only levels up a certain type of block in that area in a specific order, which is

Day 10 - Grassland 1
Day 20 - Forest 1
Day 30 - Rocky 1
Day 40 - Water 1
Day 50 - Grassland 2
.. so on and so forth

Just keep the area that you want to upgrade inside one of the six active areas and you will be good. Having more than one of the same area does not speed up the process either :(

Rakurai

Will the legendary dogs roam in unexplored areas too once I release them?
Or only the areas I have explored?

They'll go to unexplored areas, as well.

The game is at least nice enough to mark their locations on the map as soon as you make them run off, as opposed to only after you encounter them.

Rakurai

where to find the flute to move snorlax ??!!

You don't. You instead need get an expansion card for your Pokegear to get access to to the radio station that plays Pokeflute music.

I believe said item can be obtained from a man in Lavender Town's tower after fixing the power plant by retrieving the part the Rocket grunt steals from it.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Jigglypuff is not catchable in route 46 ? The pokédex on the website says that they can be found on routes 3,4 and the Safari Zone....

FredLozano

I apologize if this has already been asked and resolved, but I for some reason can't figure out how to look at the EV stats of my Pokemon. Help would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't posted in these forums for a number of years. I saw the trade forum, but it was all complex and divided into particular pokemon. I just have a general trade request.

So pretty much HeartGold was released in Australia only yesterday and I want to get a chikorita and a phanpy from my Diamond to my HeartGold, so I was wondering if anyone could help me, perhaps?

Rakurai

I apologize if this has already been asked and resolved, but I for some reason can't figure out how to look at the EV stats of my Pokemon. Help would be greatly appreciated.

You can't see a Pokemon's EVs through any means ingame, and they can only be calculated accurately if the Pokemon is at level 100, and you know its IVs, as well.

You just have to keep track of them in some way.

Hey everyone! Just have something I need help with in HG/SS.

Which pokemon in particular (Arceus, Jirachi, Celebi etc) are needed to unlock the corresponding things in the games?

Status
Not open for further replies.