• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
So, I actually need to bring along a Staryu/Eevee/whatever and evolve it? Or can I simply select "Use" in the menu for no actual effect in order to open it?

I believe it's the same as with the Escape Rope you need to use. You don't actually have to use it on a Pokemon.

For the Safari Zone when it means 10 days to wait for the next upgrade of blocks. Does that mean 10 days of using safari zone or just playing game? So to upgrade them all fully you would have to play 250 whole days to upgrade them all? or just a bit of every 250 days. like one hour a day?

You actually have to use The SZ once each day for the blocks/areas to upgrade. It doesn't matter how long, just as long as it's used that day.

Grei

not the color
Can someone please tell me how to get the expansion card for my pokegear to wake up Snorlax blocking diglett's cave? I'm stuck and can't figure it out. Thanks

You need to solve the Magnet Train problem first. Surf to the Power Plant (east of Cerulean), talk to the Manager there, go back to Cerulean to meet a Rocket Grunt, defeat him and retrieve the Machine Part (in the upper-leftmost inner tube, within the Cerulean Gym), bring the Machine Part to the Power Plant and talk to the Manager. After that, the Magnet Train will be functioning.

Then, go to Lavender Town and go into the Radio Tower. The gentleman who was running around frantically before will be OK now, and he'll give you the EXPN Card.

The Pokeflute frequency can be found at the top-center part of the Pokegear radio.

Floating Seal

<--She's so awesome!
Okay then...

Pokearth says the Amulet Coin is received as a gift in Goldenrod City, however I've searched everywhere in the city and can't find it. Does anyone know the exact location of Amulet Coin?

Floating Seal

<--She's so awesome!
Okay then...

Pokearth says the Amulet Coin is received as a gift in Goldenrod City, however I've searched everywhere in the city and can't find it. Does anyone know the exact location of Amulet Coin?

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Okay then...

You can get access to the Amulet Coin in Goldenrod City's Department Store, B1F. You can only get it after you help the Radio City Director during the Team Rocket Takeover of Goldenrod.

I would like an opinion. Is it better to use Raikou, or Jolteon for the elite four?

Go with Raikou. Raikou has great Sp. Defense, Speed and Sp, Attack. plus it can go Psychical too.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
Each nature has different locations. Can you only find 1 leaf per route? Or can you find all 5 in the same route?

Grei

not the color
And best way to catch Raikou/Entei?

Fast Balls? Gradual weakening? Master Balls?
Actually, using a fast Pokemon with Mean Look would work fairly well. I'm not sure if Roar works in that case, but there are ways around their tendency to flee.

With Raikou and Entei its definietly recommended to get a pokemon with Mean Look or Block, that is faster than them. Putting a status on them helps as well. With that I suggest paralyzing it since it doesn't wear off like sleep/freezing does and won't kill it like poison does.

Also I need some help - what time range does it need to be for eevee to evolve into Umbreon. I know its night time, but I just tried evolving mine into Umbreon. It's night time and full happiness. I fed it a rare candy and it was evolving. But I stopped it short because when it was evolving I saw it changing into the silhouette of Espeon rather than Umbreon.

Saph

Rapscallion
With Raikou and Entei its definietly recommended to get a pokemon with Mean Look or Block, that is faster than them. Putting a status on them helps as well. With that I suggest paralyzing it since it doesn't wear off like sleep/freezing does and won't kill it like poison does.

Also I need some help - what time range does it need to be for eevee to evolve into Umbreon. I know its night time, but I just tried evolving mine into Umbreon. It's night time and full happiness. I fed it a rare candy and it was evolving. But I stopped it short because when it was evolving I saw it changing into the silhouette of Espeon rather than Umbreon.

Anytime between 8pm and 4am.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I believe Night runs from 8:00 pm to 3:59 am. The rest of the time is considered day, even the morning hours.

redshift71388

Does anyone know if the Moon Ball works effectively on the Nidorans or does it have to be Nidorino and Nidorina?

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I have a noobish question that I just can't seem to find the answer to:

When exactly do you get the bike? I can't quite remember when you get it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have a noobish question that I just can't seem to find the answer to:

When exactly do you get the bike? I can't quite remember when you get it.

Goldenrod City, as soon as you arrive, you may get one at the Bike Shop. The owner lets you borrow it to ride around and at a later point you'll get to keep it.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Goldenrod City, as soon as you arrive, you may get one at the Bike Shop. The owner lets you borrow it to ride around and at a later point you'll get to keep it.

Thanks! I have already made it to Kanto and was thinking I probably should've gotten my bike by now. Thanks again! :D

I didn't see this question in the thread and i don't wanna make a new topic so i will ask it here:

I have beaten the E4 after getting the first 8Badges, but I did it with my op'd Gatr. Now I want to train my other pokemon (in sig) so that they can beat the E4. I have access to Safferon and Vermillion City. Where is the best place to train for exp (no ev training/No E4 training because w/o my Gatr I can't even beat Will).

Status
Not open for further replies.