• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulbasaur14

Bulbasaur line ftw
where is the earliest you can get a moon stone without the bug catching contest i need one for nidorino

hitoshura0

Gift from your Mom, if your lucky, or the Tojho falls. It'll probably be easier to trade one over from another file.

bulbasaur14

Bulbasaur line ftw
ok thanks alot

Grei

not the color
I have beaten the E4 after getting the first 8Badges, but I did it with my op'd Gatr. Now I want to train my other pokemon (in sig) so that they can beat the E4. I have access to Safferon and Vermillion City. Where is the best place to train for exp (no ev training/No E4 training because w/o my Gatr I can't even beat Will).

Simply exploring the areas around Saffron could work. Otherwise, tomorrow you can sail the S.S. Anne again (since it'll be Saturday), and you can just keep sailing that all day. Each time you go onto the S.S. Anne, the Trainers are all battle-able again, so you can easily build experience.

Pokenatic92

Im walking away now
Where is the best place to grind before fighting claire. My pokemon are all around 35 and Imsure my ampharos and feraligatr could still take her but I want to get them all to 40 first. I have 3 exp. shares to help but the ice cave just isnt good enough.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Where is the best place to grind before fighting claire. My pokemon are all around 35 and Imsure my ampharos and feraligatr could still take her but I want to get them all to 40 first. I have 3 exp. shares to help but the ice cave just isnt good enough.

Ice Cave and route 44 are the "best" (I use that term very lightly). Training sucks in G/S/C/HG/SS.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Best way to get dragon scales/dusk stones?

I know there is a Dragon Scale in Mt. Mortar, but it requires Waterfall. I guess the best way to get one would be to trade. Not sure if it's available on Wild Pokemon early on since Horsea/Seadra themselves are rare and Dratini/Dragonair don't appear in the wild until you beat Clair.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Best way to get dragon scales/dusk stones?

Dragon scale is found in Mt. Mortar also wild Horsea, Seadra, Dratini and Dragonair may be holding it.

Dusk stones can only be obtained post-nat.dex. Try the Pokeathlon's Athlete shop.

Pokenatic92

Im walking away now
Now the total steps needed to find a certain pokemon on the pokewalker. Does that mean the total steps that day or overall on that stroll?

mbruno

I've been trying to collect the Gym Leaders' phone numbers and have been going by the info on the main site, but for some reason some of the Gym Leaders aren't showing up at the place/time given on the main site so I can get their numbers. Now for the Gym Leaders in question I have beat them already and have beaten the Elite 4, though I haven't gotten all the Kanto badges, however I have gotten some of the Gym Leaders' numbers already. The leaders who haven't appeared for me when they should are Falkner and Misty so far and the leaders whose numbers I've already gotten are Bugsy, Morty, and Chuck. Some of the Gym Leaders must have some additional criteria that needs to be fulfilled(other than beating the E4 and the gym leader whose number you want) before they will appear so you can get their number. Can somebody help me clear this up?

Last edited:

Korgan

When choosing your Kanto Starter from Professor Oak (After defeating Ash), when you hit "A" on one of the three pokeballs will it show if it is shiny? Or do you have to actually choose the starter and then see if it is shiny.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have an inquiry.

It hasn't been a long time since I revived the three legendary beasts, so my Pokemon are naturally lowered leveled. However, when I battle them, I am able to hit them with a move before they leave.

Is this normal? Do moves have priority over a wild Pokemon's fleeing?

I have an inquiry.

It hasn't been a long time since I revived the three legendary beasts, so my Pokemon are naturally lowered leveled. However, when I battle them, I am able to hit them with a move before they leave.

if your pokemons speed is higher then the wild pokemon then yes you will get to attack once before they flee

ijea4444

I have an inquiry.

Which pokemon and what levels?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
if your pokemons speed is higher then the wild pokemon then yes you will get to attack once before they flee
But that is where the problem is. How can a level 23 Noctowl have a higher speed than a level 40 Raikou? My question is if a wild Pokemon chooses to flee, do you attack first.

Status
Not open for further replies.