• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

HoennMaster

Ok, so I decided to use Steelix as my sixth Pokémon, but it basically sucks. Only about 50% of its moves ever hit, making training and battling with it pointless. I don't recall ever having this problem with a Steelix before. Should I replace it or how should I train it?

JustRob

Dragon Trainer
Steelix and other Steel type moves are pretty hard to train since Steel moves aren't really strong against a particular Pokemon. Try learning it some Rock or Fight moves, if it can, I don't know. If it can't, I suggest you switch it for something better.

Anyway, I have a question about the Daycare: How are levels determined? For example, if I leave a Pokemon there at lvl 15 and leave my DS on all night while I'm asleep, will it grow a lot of levels? Or is the amount of levels it grows determined by the amount of steps you take? I'd like to have some light shed on this.

IcyArticuno6789

i'm trying to wake up snorlax in soul silver so i can get to the other kanto gyms, but i need the poke flute and i don't know where to go or who to talk with to find it. what am i supposed to do?

JustRob

Dragon Trainer
You don't need the Pokeflute, you need the Expansion Card with the Kanto Radio, which includes the Pokeflute channel.

To get it, go to Cerulean Cape and fight the Rocket Grunt. He will tell you about the Power Plant Part in the Cerulean Gym (in the inflatable tubes), retrieve it after the battle and bring it to the Power Plant director. You can then go to the Radio Tower in Lavender Town to get the Expansion Card.

Ultimate Glalie

Anyway, I have a question about the Daycare: How are levels determined? For example, if I leave a Pokemon there at lvl 15 and leave my DS on all night while I'm asleep, will it grow a lot of levels? Or is the amount of levels it grows determined by the amount of steps you take? I'd like to have some light shed on this.
The amount of experience it gains depends on the number of steps you take.

evandeck

I didn't catch Suicune at Route 25 and the Legendary Pokemon Page says Suicune can be found in the Burnt Tower but it isn't there!

Joco

In the English version right? Maybe you should read all the dialogue first? I mean, it's really important to read everything otherwise you'll get lost.

That was Bill, go back to his house in Goldenrod City and get an Eevee from him.

No, no no :) It is a Japanese version. I have only this. Believe me, i want to read and understand, but i can't. xDDD This is the reason why i ask interesting questions.

JustRob

Dragon Trainer
The Pokeflute Channel is at the very top of the globe in the Radio tab, it may be hard to get it right.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
What is a good lvl. to have your team at when facing the E4 for the first time? I was thinking 45-47.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ok, so I decided to use Steelix as my sixth Pokémon, but it basically sucks. Only about 50% of its moves ever hit, making training and battling with it pointless. I don't recall ever having this problem with a Steelix before. Should I replace it or how should I train it?

I went through the entire game with Steelix on my team, and it still is on my team. I had it with Strength, Dig, Rock Throw and Screech. It's changed to Strength, EQ, Iron Tail and Screech now.

JustRob

Dragon Trainer
40 is decent, but at level 45-47 you'll have it pretty easy if you have some diverse Pokemon.

Lance's highest Pokemon is lvl 50, the highest in the league. So lvl 45 or above is pretty good. Personally I completed the league at lvl 45.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
40 is decent, but at level 45-47 you'll have it pretty easy if you have some diverse Pokemon.

Lance's highest Pokemon is lvl 50, the highest in the league. So lvl 45 or above is pretty good. Personally I completed the league at lvl 45.

okay cool. I have two pokemon, Feraligatr and Ampharos at 40 right now, the rest are like 36.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
okay cool. I have two pokemon, Feraligatr and Ampharos at 40 right now, the rest are like 36.
As long as you've got Ice-type moves, it should make short work of Lance. You've got a Pokémon that Learn a good Ice type move.

MeLikesCoke said:
How do I get to the room where I need Ho-Oh at the front of my party in the Ruins of Alph? ;094;
There is a exit in the Union Cave that leads to the Water Stone and Ho-oh's Rooms.

So, I accidentally KO'ed Entei. My question is does he reappear after defeating the E4, or should I reset? The main page only mentions stationary legendaries reappear, so I apologize for asking a question that may have an obvious answer.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So, I accidentally KO'ed Entei. My question is does he reappear after defeating the E4, or should I reset? The main page only mentions stationary legendaries reappear, so I apologize for asking a question that may have an obvious answer.

I'm pretty sure the Beasts aren't included in what is revived by beating the E4 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.