• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

I'm about to take on the Elite Four, and I can't quite decide on who to use against Lance, if I ever get to him. This is the first go around in the E4, how does Dewgong sound? Kingdra?

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm about to take on the Elite Four, and I can't quite decide on who to use against Lance, if I ever get to him. This is the first go around in the E4, how does Dewgong sound? Kingdra?

Dewgong would be the best, since you've got Ice which does quadruple damage to four of his Pokemon. Get an Electric type for Gyarados and Rock for Charizard and you're good to go.

ebevan91

Dewgong would be the best, since you've got Ice which does quadruple damage to four of his Pokemon. Get an Electric type for Gyarados and Rock for Charizard and you're good to go.

Would my Arcanine with Thunder Fang be good enough for Gyrados? And yeah I'm planning on getting a rock type (or one that can learn a rock move).

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Would my Arcanine with Thunder Fang be good enough for Gyrados? And yeah I'm planning on getting a rock type (or one that can learn a rock move).

Unless your Arcanine is around at least level 60, I highly doubt that it would be able to stand up to Gyarados because Gyarados knows Waterfall, and the AI on the game is smart enough to know to use it against you. I would choose a non-Fire type with an Electric move to use against Gyarados. Your Arcanine needs to be able to handle at least two Waterfall attacks to be able to beat Gyarados.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Im training my Pokemons. where should I go to train them.

I would just rematch as many high leveled trainers as you can, like the Elite Four, Gym Leaders, other strong trainers in the Pokegear, etc. That's pretty much your best option for leveling up.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I would just rematch as many high leveled trainers as you can, like the Elite Four, Gym Leaders, other strong trainers in the Pokegear, etc. That's pretty much your best option for leveling up.

Those and Mt. Silver, if you have access to that.

ebevan91

Those and Mt. Silver, if you have access to that.

Or do like I'm going to: Send them to D/P/Pt and train them with the Vs. Seeker and gym leader rematches, and then send them back when they're ready.

gamer_legend

Or do like I'm going to: Send them to D/P/Pt and train them with the Vs. Seeker and gym leader rematches, and then send them back when they're ready.

That might work better because the way I see it there is a pretty large gap when it comes to between the end of kanto and facing the redux elite 4 I ended up resetting the clock a megaton of times just to face the Gym Leaders at the Dojo.

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Quick question: I have saved up 44K in Pokeathlon points, and want to buy 22 rare candies for breeding purposes.

I purchased one and went to purchase another and received the "you can't buy more than one in a day" message. Now, here's where it gets weird: I turned off my DS and changed it to the next day you can buy a rare candy- same message.

Changed the hour, the day, the week- no luck. Can anyone figure out a way, whether it's changing the date, year, hour, etc to make it so I can buy these rare candies quicker and not have to wait 22 days!?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Quick question: I have saved up 44K in Pokeathlon points, and want to buy 22 rare candies for breeding purposes.

I purchased one and went to purchase another and received the "you can't buy more than one in a day" message. Now, here's where it gets weird: I turned off my DS and changed it to the next day you can buy a rare candy- same message.

Changed the hour, the day, the week- no luck. Can anyone figure out a way, whether it's changing the date, year, hour, etc to make it so I can buy these rare candies quicker and not have to wait 22 days!?

I heard that doing this will work: set your DS to 23:59 on the day before the Pokeathlon sells Rare Candy. When the time rolls over to the next day, you will be able to buy another Rare Candy. Keep repeating to buy more.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know if there's a quicker way to buy them.

YNCRN

Egg 125!
I heard that doing this will work: set your DS to 23:59 on the day before the Pokeathlon sells Rare Candy. When the time rolls over to the next day, you will be able to buy another Rare Candy. Keep repeating to buy more.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know if there's a quicker way to buy them.

Appreciate the tip - thanks!

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Hi on my heartgold i need some help on the voltorb flip i suck very badly at it any tips?

The little numbers on each square tell how many voltorbs are in each row. So, get rid of the rows labelled "0" first. Then deduce which squares to pick from there using math :)

ebevan91

As a move tutor move, and level up move it is.

But as a TM/HM, no.

When do I get to start placing objects in the Safari Zone? I just did Baoba's second test and I have the National Dex.

Psypert

So I'm at Azalea town trying to get a Heracross for the normal type gym, but after being using Headbutt for over 2 hours nothing has apparead, can anyone confirm if Heracoss does appear in Azalea town and what appearance rate does it has? I'm using headbutt in this town because it's the highest level are were Heracross appears that I can access now (According to Serebii's dex)

Status
Not open for further replies.