• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mera

I was wondering what would the power be if fling was used with a thick club as held item.

KYLRON

hi wats up

i wana wifi battle on pokemon hg my code is 3525 7832 2869 and my name is XANDER if you are interested contact me on face book my name kylron d worl dan or my email is kylron111@hotmail.com

KYLRON

i wana wifi battle on pokemon hg my code is 3525 7832 2869 and my name is XANDER if you are interested contact me on face book my name kylron d worl dan or my email is kylron111@hotmail.com

KYLRON

hey wat up

i wana wifi battle on pokemon hg my registration code is 3525 7832 2869 and my name is XANDER, if u are interested contact me on face book my fb name is kylron d worl dan or my email is kylron111@hotmail.com

Psypert

So I have this Quiet Quagsire and I can't really decide if teach it Ice Beam or Ice Punch so I was wondering if I go and play the coin game to get Ice Beam or battle in the battle factory (I really don't have any good Pokemon for the other facilities) to get Ice Punch which method would be faster.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

i wana wifi battle on pokemon hg my registration code is 3525 7832 2869 and my name is XANDER, if u are interested contact me on face book my fb name is kylron d worl dan or my email is kylron111@hotmail.com

We've got a wifi section for this.. http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?174-4th-Gen-WiFi-Center

And If I had mod powers in this section.. you could be facing up to 6 points towards a ban. 3 for posting in the wrong section. 3 for double posting.

Earendil

So I am interested in making a physically attacking Pikachu, mainly just for the heck of it (I have a Jolly flying one I want to put to use). What are some decent movesets for these type of Pikachu? I will probably not do any serious battling with it; it is mostly just going to be for fun.

I was considering the following:
- ThunderPunch
- Fly
- Brick Break
- Iron Tail

I do not plan on building a team (I am just doing the one Pokemon) so I was unsure of whether or not this needed to go in the in-game team rating section. I apologize if it turns out I should have posted it there,

Last edited:

acetrainerbob

has written:
I might actually replace one of the moves, probably Fly, with Volt Tackle and give Pikachu a Leftovers to hold.

QueenDragonRider

Friend of Pikachu
What is the best strategy in defeating the 5th Gym Leader?

Psypert

What is the best strategy in defeating the 5th Gym Leader?

Now the problem with Hear gold and Soul silver is that you can easily challenge gyms 5 to 7 in any particular order that you want so I'm going to explain all 3.

Chuck (Fighting type): Well he really tries to abuse hax with his Primape by using Double Team, is you have something like Aerial Ace or simply a Pokemon capable of KOing it quickly you will do fine, he other Pokemon is Poliwrath and you need to be careful with it's Focus Punch, it will most likely try to put you to sleep so you can't attack and stop the Focus Punch also Poliwrath knows Surf so careful there you best bet is to carry some Flying or Psychic move/pokemon, I personally used a Noctowl and thanks to Insomnia it didn't had any problems beating this gym.

Jasmine (Steel type): She has 2 Magnemites and a Steelix, the magnemites are easy and if you have any fire, ground or fighting move you will most likely take them out in one hit, Steelix has a huge amount of defense but poor special defense so something like surf, ember or maybe Focus Blast will take care of it, in my battle I used Quilava to beat her.

Pryce (Ice type): This battle is actually very easy, Seel is water only so don't try to use fire moves on it electric is good to take it out, Dewgong is part ice now so with Grass, Electric or Fighting types will hit it for super effective damage and his Piloswine won't stand a chance against a powerful fire or water move, just be careful because Pryce might use Hail and maybe if something goes wrong that Hail might be just enough to KO one of your Pokemon, I used an Ampharos to take down both Seel and Dewgong and Piloswine was defeated by my Thyplosion.

I was breeding Dratini with my Dragonair I got with Extreme Speed in the Dragon's Den, when the Day Care People made it forget the move! I know you can't re-learn egg moves, but can I continue breeding with the Dragonair that used to have Extreme Speed, and have the offspring still be able to learn it?

Larry

I was breeding Dratini with my Dragonair I got with Extreme Speed in the Dragon's Den, when the Day Care People made it forget the move! I know you can't re-learn egg moves, but can I continue breeding with the Dragonair that used to have Extreme Speed, and have the offspring still be able to learn it?

Since the Dragonair no longer knows Extremespeed then the offspring won't have it.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Since the Dragonair no longer knows Extremespeed then the offspring won't have it.

Hopefully, you got at least a couple of eggs before your Dragonair forgot Extremespeed. If you got a couple of eggs before it forgot the move, hopefully one of them will be a male with Extremespeed so you can continue breeding for the move. The best way to avoid having this problem in the future is to first, make sure the moves that you don't want your Pokemon to forget are in the last one or two slots, and know how many levels your Pokemon can level up before it will forget the moves that you want to keep. Keep an eye on how much it has leveled up, and continue taking it out of the Day Care, rearranging the moves, and putting it back in the Day Care.

QueenDragonRider

Friend of Pikachu
Now the problem with Hear gold and Soul silver is that you can easily challenge gyms 5 to 7 in any particular order that you want so I'm going to explain all 3.

Chuck (Fighting type): Well he really tries to abuse hax with his Primape by using Double Team, is you have something like Aerial Ace or simply a Pokemon capable of KOing it quickly you will do fine, he other Pokemon is Poliwrath and you need to be careful with it's Focus Punch, it will most likely try to put you to sleep so you can't attack and stop the Focus Punch also Poliwrath knows Surf so careful there you best bet is to carry some Flying or Psychic move/pokemon, I personally used a Noctowl and thanks to Insomnia it didn't had any problems beating this gym.

Jasmine (Steel type): She has 2 Magnemites and a Steelix, the magnemites are easy and if you have any fire, ground or fighting move you will most likely take them out in one hit, Steelix has a huge amount of defense but poor special defense so something like surf, ember or maybe Focus Blast will take care of it, in my battle I used Quilava to beat her.

Pryce (Ice type): This battle is actually very easy, Seel is water only so don't try to use fire moves on it electric is good to take it out, Dewgong is part ice now so with Grass, Electric or Fighting types will hit it for super effective damage and his Piloswine won't stand a chance against a powerful fire or water move, just be careful because Pryce might use Hail and maybe if something goes wrong that Hail might be just enough to KO one of your Pokemon, I used an Ampharos to take down both Seel and Dewgong and Piloswine was defeated by my Thyplosion.
At around what level should my Pokemon team be? And how well would I fair against Chuck with my Team of: Quilava, Furret, Chinchou, Crobat, Tentacool, and Growlithe?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
At around what level should my Pokemon team be? And how well would I fair against Chuck with my Team of: Quilava, Furret, Chinchou, Crobat, Tentacool, and Growlithe?

Your Pokemon need to be at at least level 30 when you fight Chuck. You could probably beat him with Pokemon in the high 20s, but it's better to be around level 30. Since Chinchou evolves at level 27, I'm assuming that your Pokemon are below that level. Since your Pokemon are unevolved and and low levels, while he has fully-evolved Pokemon, I do not think that you are prepared for Chuck. Your Crobat will be your best bet against Primeape, and Chinchou will be best against Poliwrath. But I highly recommend that you evolve Chinchou into Lanturn before you fight Poliwrath. Since Chuck has only two Pokemon while you have 6, you may be able to beat him now simply because of sheer numbers, but if you don't level up you will be putting yourself at a disadvantage in the future.

QueenDragonRider

Friend of Pikachu
Your Pokemon need to be at at least level 30 when you fight Chuck. You could probably beat him with Pokemon in the high 20s, but it's better to be around level 30. Since Chinchou evolves at level 27, I'm assuming that your Pokemon are below that level. Since your Pokemon are unevolved and and low levels, while he has fully-evolved Pokemon, I do not think that you are prepared for Chuck. Your Crobat will be your best bet against Primeape, and Chinchou will be best against Poliwrath. But I highly recommend that you evolve Chinchou into Lanturn before you fight Poliwrath. Since Chuck has only two Pokemon while you have 6, you may be able to beat him now simply because of sheer numbers, but if you don't level up you will be putting yourself at a disadvantage in the future.

My Pokemon, right now, are around level 24-25. I was thinking of waiting until they are all level 28-29 before I fight Chuck. Thanks for the advice!

Hopefully, you got at least a couple of eggs before your Dragonair forgot Extremespeed. If you got a couple of eggs before it forgot the move, hopefully one of them will be a male with Extremespeed so you can continue breeding for the move. The best way to avoid having this problem in the future is to first, make sure the moves that you don't want your Pokemon to forget are in the last one or two slots, and know how many levels your Pokemon can level up before it will forget the moves that you want to keep. Keep an eye on how much it has leveled up, and continue taking it out of the Day Care, rearranging the moves, and putting it back in the Day Care.
Then, if it had no offspring with the move, could it be catchable in the wild knowing that move? And is there a way to "cross breed" the move to it?

Dangertrout

Then, if it had no offspring with the move, could it be catchable in the wild knowing that move? And is there a way to "cross breed" the move to it?

If none of your baby dratini's had ExtremeSpeed, and you don't have any other way to get the gift Dratini, you could try the GTS. (Assuming you have access to wifi for it)
I've done that in the past. iirc, I was putting up Croagunks (which traded really well at the time, not sure how Gen 4 trading is now) and asking for male dratini level 9 and under.
Starters would likely trade well, as would eevees and maybe some of the other DPPt marsh pokemon like Yanma and Carnivine as some people are too lazy to get them themselves. Especially female starters and eevees.

The other trade option is the 4th gen trading center, found here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?154-Trade-Forum
There's a dratini thread, and an egg move thread you could try.

Status
Not open for further replies.