• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get a Helix Fossil in Soul Silver? I keep trying to Rock Smash for them, but the only fossils I'm getting are Dome Fossils and Old Ambers. Is the Helix Fossil a Heart Gold exclusive? Should I just keep trying?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Can you get a Helix Fossil in Soul Silver? I keep trying to Rock Smash for them, but the only fossils I'm getting are Dome Fossils and Old Ambers. Is the Helix Fossil a Heart Gold exclusive? Should I just keep trying?

The Helix Fossil is found only in HeartGold, so you will need to find someone to trade one to you, or trade for an Omanyte.

Fugazy

DanHarmonForEver
In which game is Latios? I read on Serebii that he is in both but in HeartGold you need the Enigma Stone?

Dangertrout

Latios and Latias are in both games, one will roam and one needs an item (enigma stone) to be encountered.
HG Latias roams Kanto and Latios needs the item.
In SS it's the other way around, Latios roams Kanto and Latias needs the item.

Fugazy

DanHarmonForEver
okay thanks!

JoeyEs

What type of Nature would best suit my Mudkip?

Hey I'm breeding Mudkips and I wanted to raise one for myself but I was just curious of what nature and behaviour would benefit my Mudkip the most by the time it's a Swampert. Please comment and thanks for your time :)

Dangertrout

Hey I'm breeding Mudkips and I wanted to raise one for myself but I was just curious of what nature and behaviour would benefit my Mudkip the most by the time it's a Swampert. Please comment and thanks for your time :)

For Swampert, I like Adamant for high Attack. The characteristic of a pokemon doesn't matter all that much unless you're into competitive battling (it's related to IVs), but iirc "Likes to Thrash About" was linked to Attack being highest.

JoeyEs

Ok thanks a lot

Fugazy

DanHarmonForEver
Is Quagsire worth training? He's a Water/Ground type and I have some fond memories of trainers with Water/Ground types that were pretty strong defensive wise.

Psypert

Is Quagsire worth training? He's a Water/Ground type and I have some fond memories of trainers with Water/Ground types that were pretty strong defensive wise.

Yes, he is an excellent water type (or ground if you plan to cover that role) and really there aren't that much grass types during your adventure so it will be easy to level up, also it learns awesome moves like eartuqake at 30s so you can give that TM to something else, depending on the nature it can use special moves and learns Yawn if you want to combo it with Focus Punch, so yeah give Quagsire a try.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Well, in-game, Quagsire is a fine Pokemon to have, and he can be very useful, as Swamp has told you. But competitively, Quagsire is majorly outclassed in HG/SS by Swampert.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Quagsire is definitely worth training due to it's typing and moveset that it can learn (Surf and Earthquake are good heavy hitting moves). However, the only issue is that it's Speed is absolutely putrid. The Game however gives you Quick Claw early so it rectifies the low speed issue.

Fugazy

DanHarmonForEver
Quagsire is definitely worth training due to it's typing and moveset that it can learn (Surf and Earthquake are good heavy hitting moves). However, the only issue is that it's Speed is absolutely putrid. The Game however gives you Quick Claw early so it rectifies the low speed issue.

Yeah Wooper's speed isn't all that great right now

Fugazy

DanHarmonForEver
Well, in-game, Quagsire is a fine Pokemon to have, and he can be very useful, as Swamp has told you. But competitively, Quagsire is majorly outclassed in HG/SS by Swampert.

Okay cool! I really want a Swampert but my wifi has to be fixed to work with DS games

Fugazy

DanHarmonForEver
Yes, he is an excellent water type (or ground if you plan to cover that role) and really there aren't that much grass types during your adventure so it will be easy to level up, also it learns awesome moves like eartuqake at 30s so you can give that TM to something else, depending on the nature it can use special moves and learns Yawn if you want to combo it with Focus Punch, so yeah give Quagsire a try.

I want to use him as a strong water type. While my starter is Totodile (now a Croconaw), I feel Quagsire will be great for combo-ing heavy attacks with defense moves.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I want to use him as a strong water type. While my starter is Totodile (now a Croconaw), I feel Quagsire will be great for combo-ing heavy attacks with defense moves.

After Charmander, Totodile is probably my favorite starter ever. I just adore that little blue swamp lizard. But just make sure that your team doesn't suffer from too many water-types. Right now you should probably be fine because Quagsire is part Ground.

Fugazy

DanHarmonForEver
After Charmander, Totodile is probably my favorite starter ever. I just adore that little blue swamp lizard. But just make sure that your team doesn't suffer from too many water-types. Right now you should probably be fine because Quagsire is part Ground.

Oh no, I wouldn't add another water-type. Totodile is amazing (my favorite starter), I just needed another haha I'm trying to keep my party varied but with dual-typed Pokemon

Psypert

Oh no, I wouldn't add another water-type. Totodile is amazing (my favorite starter), I just needed another haha I'm trying to keep my party varied but with dual-typed Pokemon

In that case I will suggest you to add a fire type to your team, Magmar Arcanine, Ninetales, Houndoom are good options

BurningWhiteKyurem

In that case, Totodile is usually enough since Feraligatr is a beast and outclasses Quagsire in all facets. You could go for a pure ground if that's what you wish.

Fugazy

DanHarmonForEver
In that case I will suggest you to add a fire type to your team, Magmar Arcanine, Ninetales, Houndoom are good options

Funny you say that, I just caught a Growlithe outside of Ecruteak City earlier today! Gonna evolve it when it learns some better fire-type moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.