• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugazy

DanHarmonForEver
In that case, Totodile is usually enough since Feraligatr is a beast and outclasses Quagsire in all facets. You could go for a pure ground if that's what you wish.

Chances are Quagsire will be my ground-type dude.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Chances are Quagsire will be my ground-type dude.

Would be redundant if you already have a Water Pokemon in Totodile, however...an alternative (if you so choose) could be Donphan as it does have superior attack and defense with speed as it's deficiency. Its moveset takes advantage of Donphan's high physical attack and you still get access to ground moves like Earthquake etc.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Would be redundant if you already have a Water Pokemon in Totodile, however...an alternative (if you so choose) could be Donphan as it does have superior attack and defense with speed as it's deficiency. Its moveset takes advantage of Donphan's high physical attack and you still get access to ground moves like Earthquake etc.

That's a good idea, but Donphan's stats are close enough to Quagsire's where I would argue that in-game, you're not really doing yourself any favors by choosing Donphan over Quagsire. Plus, Quagsire has a nifty two more resistances and two fewer weaknesses than Donphan does.

Champion Jared 14

Quick question, is there ever a time when it's not hailing on Mt. Silver's peak where Red is??

Aquarelle

Staff member
Quick question, is there ever a time when it's not hailing on Mt. Silver's peak where Red is??

There are certain days where diamond dust is present on the peak instead of hail.
I don't know if this would get rid of the hail in battle, though.

Mera

Would perish song work on ghost types like Mismagius etc.?

Psypert

Would perish song work on ghost types like Mismagius etc.?

Yes, it wil work in any Pokemon besides the ones that have Soundproof as their ability

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Why cant I get any eggs from the daycare when I have a Ditto and another Pokemon?

You should be able to, but it depends on what the other Pokemon is. Ditto can't breed with Ditto, for example, nor can it breed with legendaries, baby Pokemon (such as Munchlax or Pichu), Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Nidorino, or Nidoking. If you're using any of those Pokemon, you won't be able to breed.

What Pokemon are you breeding, and what does the Day-Care Man say about their relationship?

Nurse Joy

You should be able to, but it depends on what the other Pokemon is. Ditto can't breed with Ditto, for example, nor can it breed with legendaries, baby Pokemon (such as Munchlax or Pichu), Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Nidorino, or Nidoking. If you're using any of those Pokemon, you won't be able to breed.

What Pokemon are you breeding, and what does the Day-Care Man say about their relationship?

Im using my Eevee and he says "They dont seem to like each other"

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Im using my Eevee and he says "They dont seem to like each other"

Your Ditto and your Eevee will breed, but they will breed slowly, because they have the same Trainer ID number (yours). Here are the phrases from the Day Care man and what they mean:

“The two prefer to play with other Pokemon than each other”
These Pokemon are NOT COMPATIBLE. It could be one or both of the parents cannot breed, they could be from different egg groups, be a genderless Pokemon (which can only breed with Ditto), they could be the same gender.

“The two don’t seem to like each other much”
The Pokemon are COMPATIBLE, but are different species and have the same Trainer IDs. Expect them to take a long time to breed.

“The two seem to get along”
The Pokemon are COMPATIBLE. The two Pokemon are the same species (and evolutionary level) and have the same Trainer ID or they are different Pokemon with different Trainer IDs. Will breed faster.

“The two seem to get along very well”
The Pokemon are COMPATIBLE. The pair of Pokemon are the same species (and evolutionary level) with different Trainer IDs. Will breed the fastest.

Here is a Gen IV breeding guide if you still need help with breeding.

321orez

I read somewhere that it is still possible to get the event Notched-ear Pichu by trading an event Pichu to your game or something. Can someone confirm/deny this? I just got Silver today and wanted to know if there are any event pokemon that are possible to get even though the events themselves are over.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
The events for Pikachu-colored Pichu and Spiky-Eared Pichu are long over. The only way to get Spiky-Eared Pichu is by bringing the Pikachu-colored Pichu to Ilex Forest. Spiky-Eared Pichu cannot be traded or taken through the Poke Transfer, so the only way to get one is to trade a Pikachu-colored Pichu to your game.

321orez

So what you are saying is that it is still possible to get the Spiky Pichu as long as I can get someone to temporarily trade me that particular Pikachu colored Pichu then?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So what you are saying is that it is still possible to get the Spiky Pichu as long as I can get someone to temporarily trade me that particular Pikachu colored Pichu then?

I think so. I've never done that event, but from what I've read about it, if you can get your hands on a legitimate event Pikachu-colored Pichu (it can't be any shiny Pichu - it has to be the event one), you can get the Spiky-eared Pichu from the Ilex Forest. Keep in mind that you cannot trade backwards from B/W to HG/SS, so whoever you get it from has to have it on a 4th Gen game.

BurningWhiteKyurem

So to my surprise I managed to get the Pokerus and immediately started to spread it to as much of my Pokemon as possible

My only question is, does the Pokerus end at the next midnight? If so can I keep placing the infected Pokemon it in my PC to extend the limit as much as I want?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So to my surprise I managed to get the Pokerus and immediately started to spread it to as much of my Pokemon as possible

My only question is, does the Pokerus end at the next midnight? If so can I keep placing the infected Pokemon it in my PC to extend the limit as much as I want?

That is correct, however once your Pokemon has PokeRus they will always have the beneficial effect from it, the only thing that happens at midnight is that they can no longer spread it.

Last edited:

BurningWhiteKyurem

That is correct, however once your Pokemon has PokeRus they will always have the beneficial effect from it, the only thing that happens at midnight is that they can't no longer spread it.

Oh sweet, so even if the virus disappears the cured Pokemon will always get higher than normal EVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.