• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

alpurt

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could get a little help with EV training?

I breeded a ton of chanseys until I finally got a Bold Hapini, which I hear are the best.

I would like to make this little fella the perfect Blissey, and was wondering if it wouldn't be too much to ask someone to type up a little "idiots guide to a perfect blissy"?

The evs I want are maxed HP and DEF

Something like

-Kill 256 xxxxxx pokemon with exp share
-kill 256 xxxxxx pokemon with exp share
-kill 23 xxxxxx pokemon with exp share
-evolve into chansey
-evolve into blissey
-Use exp share and grind away at e4, evs completed

or something like that? :) I dont know exact numbers, just for an example.

Thanks!

randomspot555

I breeded a ton of chanseys until I finally got a Bold Hapini, which I hear are the best.

I would like to make this little fella the perfect Blissey, and was wondering if it wouldn't be too much to ask someone to type up a little "idiots guide to a perfect blissy"?

Something like

-evolve into chansey
-evolve into blissey

Thanks!

Bulbapedia lists the Pokemon and the EV that they give out, as do most online pokedexes. Look for something common, then go beat it up. You can add 100 EVs to HP and DEF via Vitamins before doing a single battle. And battling for EVs goes by much quicker with the proper Power Item and Pokerus.

For example, with Pokerus and the proper power item, I'll gain 10 EVs from oen battle:

(Pokemon's given EV + 4 EVs from the same stat from the power item) x 2 from Pokerus=X

(1+4)x2=10.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_effort_value_yield use this to look for Pokemon to battle.

iLoveDratinis

Dragons galore!
i am currently battling throught the elite four for the sixth time...
i got through the fourth lady then i got demolished by lance...
my team is: meganium lv 47, togekiss lv 46, dragonair lv 46, pikachu lv 45, slobro lv 46
and a lugia lv 49.. what can i do to level these up faster than repeating the elite four constantly...?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
i am currently battling throught the elite four for the sixth time...
i got through the fourth lady then i got demolished by lance...
my team is: meganium lv 47, togekiss lv 46, dragonair lv 46, pikachu lv 45, slobro lv 46
and a lugia lv 49.. what can i do to level these up faster than repeating the elite four constantly...?

Battling the E4 is the best method to level up your Pokemon.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer

Something like

-evolve into chansey
-evolve into blissey

Thanks!
fight wobbuffet and gravvler/geodude both are near 45

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
My brother took the Dratini test with an extra space in his party, but he didn't get one. Is this normal? And how can he get it?

Also, he's playing HeartGold, but the guy's blabbing on about Lugia. Is this normal as well?

alpurt

Alright, so there are whooper and quagsire who give 1/2 hp ev each. How any of these before my hp is maxed? is it a total of 256 evs?

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Yeah, only just found that out on the glitch thread. XD
Thanks anyways!

Ho-oh Master

Anyone know where I can find the data cards for the Pokeathlon after I buy them? The person you buy them is right next to the lady where you enter the Pokeathlon at in the building. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/list/miscellaneous.shtml

My guess is they are in the final hall under the Pokeathlon building. I need to beat 2 records in order to get in there though...

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Speaking of the special Pikachu(s), I see that the Surfing one is always female... so is there then no way to breed Surf onto a Pichu?

it's not an egg move or a normally learn-able move by the Pichu line so you can't pass it down.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Speaking of the special Pikachu(s), I see that the Surfing one is always female... so is there then no way to breed Surf onto a Pichu?
Nope, no way to get Surf on a Pichu in the 4th Gen.

There is only one known LEGAL way to get a Pichu with Surf, in the 3rd Generation ONLY! Due to being a HM move, you can't bring it to 4th gen with it, and it can't be taught in 4th Gen.

Actually, most of the moves are only known to those Pikachus in the Yellow Forest. Flail was added to the HGSS move set.

Something like

-evolve into chansey
-evolve into blissey

Thanks!
That's roughly the basics of EV training. You some Pokémon you can will give you 2 evs and some 3.

You should use 10 of one type of Vitamins (for example: HP UP) to remove 100 Pokémon from that that stat boost.

If you can you should get Pokérus on this Pokémon. It's rare to find, but once you have it, keep one of them in a box between 11PM and 1AM, as it does "heal" at Midnight.

Pokérus will Double any EVs that a Pokémon gets. The MachoBrace does the same.

There are "Power items" which add 4EV of that stat, in addition to the Pokémon defeated. All the EVs from items are doubled by Pokérus.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Reposting this since it seemed to have gotten buried.
Just to make sure...
If I faint Raikou/Entei/Suicune after I beat the Elite Four, they'll return to the Burned Tower, where I can release them again for new IVs/Natures?

Also, the Pokémon/Items in the Pokéwalker are reset every day (due to steps being reset), but the Pokémon that can be gotten are determined when you send a Pokémon into the walker?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Anyone know where I can find the data cards for the Pokeathlon after I buy them? The person you buy them is right next to the lady where you enter the Pokeathlon at in the building. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/list/miscellaneous.shtml

My guess is they are in the final hall under the Pokeathlon building. I need to beat 2 records in order to get in there though...

You're close. It's at the monitor at the front desk :p

Reposting this since it seemed to have gotten buried.

They don't change. You only lose all steps.

Louispierce

Ok I have asked about this before but none of your responses worked :S I have the first 26 Unown A-Z but cant get ! & ? I have shown my complete Unown report to the researcher in the house and he has rearranged it into alphabetical order, I have also gone to the ruin entrance and pressed A on the back wall but nothing happens and no matter how much i walk around in that entrance i can find them at all :S

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Ok I have asked about this before but none of your responses worked :S I have the first 26 Unown A-Z but cant get ! & ? I have shown my complete Unown report to the researcher in the house and he has rearranged it into alphabetical order, I have also gone to the ruin entrance and pressed A on the back wall but nothing happens and no matter how much i walk around in that entrance i can find them at all :S

There is a requirement of going to each of the "item rooms"... i'm assuming you have not done that. Enter each of those rooms then try talking to that one wall again.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
They don't change. You only lose all steps.
So, say I took 8000+ steps on Friday. If I wanted to get a Ganlon Berry on Saturday morning, I couldn't, because I didn't have enough steps for that day?

Also what about my question about the legendary beasts? :p

Dreamcoat

How...the...heck do I get to the other chambers in Ruins of Alph? I've managed to solve the Kabuto & Aerodactyl puzzles so far.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Union Cave.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
So, say I took 8000+ steps on Friday. If I wanted to get a Ganlon Berry on Saturday morning, I couldn't, because I didn't have enough steps for that day?

Also what about my question about the legendary beasts? :p

Correct, it resets at 12:00AM so you would be back to 0 steps and would need to build up another 8000 steps to find that berry.

I never knocked any of them out so I don't know about the IV part, but according to my guide book they start moving from the Burnt Tower again, so based on that wording I assume you do not have to go into the tower to activate them or anything, they just start after you beat the Elite Four.... I could be totally wrong about that though...
EDIT: Well... for Raikou/Entei... Suicune just says it appears in the tower

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.