• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll have to get another DS like the 3DS. The DS can't support your Wi-Fi.

Would Soul Silver or Heart Gold still work on 3DS then?

ebevan91

For in-game, Oddish or Bellsprout?

I don't recall ever using these 2.

Wolfram74

Shiny Feebas
Oddish definitely. IMO Victreebel is too squishy for a grass type, and with Oddish you can turn it into a special attacker or wall.

ebevan91

I was actually leaning towards Oddish. I'm at a place where I can capture one, I'd have to go back to get Bellsprout.

I think I'll evolve it into Vileplume. Now I just need to find a Leaf Stone for later...

If I train my Nidorina to level 43 to learn Crunch, can I use the Moon Stone right after to evolve into a Nidoqueen and would it still be able to learn Super Power at level 43?

Or do I have to choose between 1 of the 2 attacks?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If I train my Nidorina to level 43 to learn Crunch, can I use the Moon Stone right after to evolve into a Nidoqueen and would it still be able to learn Super Power at level 43?

Or do I have to choose between 1 of the 2 attacks?

You can learn both Crunch AND Super Power. I think you miss read the lists, as Nidoqueen learns Superpower at Lv58. Nidoqueen learns Earth Power at level 43.

If you want Earth Power you can visit the Move relearner in Blackthorn City, and he will teach your Pokémon in exchange of a Heart Scale.

Bought a 3DS today and was hoping to get WiFi set uo so I can start training, but this comes up...

"No access point in range. Move within range. For help, visit nintendo support"

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? This is frustrating. If it doesnt work then I'm going to get my money back.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Bought a 3DS today and was hoping to get WiFi set uo so I can start training, but this comes up...

"No access point in range. Move within range. For help, visit nintendo support"

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? This is frustrating. If it doesnt work then I'm going to get my money back.

Did you look on the right side of it to make sure the light is blinking?

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
There should be a switch (like the on/off for the ds lite) on the right

I went through settings > internet connections, but it's saying it won't connect

Alright so. I went through settings, internet connections, I'm connected.

But whenever I start up the game, to click on wifi settings, it says I'm not connected.

So am I connected to trade yet?

EDIT: Went to goldenrod global to attempt to trade and it says get in range... so idk what the problem is.

Come on peeps. Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Alright so. I went through settings, internet connections, I'm connected.

But whenever I start up the game, to click on wifi settings, it says I'm not connected.

So am I connected to trade yet?

EDIT: Went to goldenrod global to attempt to trade and it says get in range... so idk what the problem is.

If it says "not connected", you're probably not connected.... but honestly, I don't know much about the Wifi settings in HG/SS. Maybe you should post some screenshots of your problem? Honestly, it's not very clear what the issue is from what you've said.

Also, try not to double-post. You'll get an infraction for it. If you need to say something else, you can edit your post with the "Edit" button in the bottom-right-hand corner of the post.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Just be glad that I don't have mod powers here. But I think we had a few comments about that before.

It sounds like you could have wifi switch off, but I'm not sure so I'm going to assume you've not set it up correctly. While the 3ds is not playing a DS game, There is a small switch similar to the DS-lites power switch, and a yellow light. If the Yellow light is off, Flick the switch. Remember that if the light is on, All Wireless communication and Wifi functions can be used when requested. If it's flashing your 3DS is communicating. If off all 3DS communication functions are disabled. Due the way 3DS works, you'll need to make sure that the light is on before Starting Soul Silver, as trying to flick the switch on in a DS game will not reactivate the Wifi.

The 3ds has 6 "profiles" for Wifi communication. 3 of the profiles only work with the Most of the DS games which include Mario Kart DS, all of the 4th Gen Pokémon Games (which includes Soul Silver). To Access those settings do this: 3ds -> Settings -> Internet Settings -> Nintendo DS settings. You must have either an open Wifi network or a WEP encoded network to connect to. The other 3 profiles, which are found under the Blue button in Internet Settings, can only be used Via DSi Enabled games, which includes all of the 5th gen, and all 3DS games, and you can use Most Wifi networks.

AgentRobyzar

bird watcher
I guess this isn't really a question strictly related to HeartGold/SoulSilver, but I have soulsilver so i'll ask here ;) are you able to trade/battle/etc with people all over the world via wi-fi connection? I was told you are able to I just don't know how it all works. I've never known anyone else to play it really so haven't had a chance to figure it out :(

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I guess this isn't really a question strictly related to HeartGold/SoulSilver, but I have soulsilver so i'll ask here ;) are you able to trade/battle/etc with people all over the world via wi-fi connection? I was told you are able to I just don't know how it all works. I've never known anyone else to play it really so haven't had a chance to figure it out :(

Yes. You need their friend code to meet up with them.
Otherwise you can look for offers on the GTS or make your own offer.
The trade section is also a good place to meet up

Status
Not open for further replies.