• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmonster037

I've noticed that in Gen IV (DPPt and HGSS), if you're on Set battle style, when your team member faints against a wild Pokémon, it doesn't give you the option to flee until you send out your next Pokémon (the "Use next Pokémon?" option is no longer there). However, i've played on Set battle style in Gens III and V, had my stuff faint against wild Pokémon and never noticed it there. Does that only happen in Gen IV or am I missing something?

wolf king

Resistance is futile
This is the HeartGold/SoulSilver thread. Black2/White2 questions are asked on the Black2 & White2 Help Thread. But to answer your question, there is honestly no way of knowing unless you work for Game Freak. Usually, Nintendo stops releasing events for a previous gen once the next gen comes out, but it's always possible that they will release something for B2/W2 and XY, or that when XY is young, they'll release some things for B2W2 before everyone has XY. You just never know. But if I had to hazard a guess, I would say that it's most likely that once October 12 comes around, you'll be seeing events for XY and not for B2W2.

Woops i ment to post that in the questions thread. I did wonder where my post had went i was searching that thread for ages and couldn't find it. I must have posted here by accident. Thanks for the reply :).

If I want to restart my HeartGold, if I trade my event Celebi to another game to save it, and when I bring it back, can I fight Giovanni? Or does it have to be from the exact save file?

LDSman

Is there a way to restart HG game without losing the spikey eared pichu?

LDSman

Sadly there is no way to keep her if you restart the game.. However if you still have the Shiny Pichu needed you can get her again.

I think that was transferred to my Black or Black 2 game.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
So I just defeated a ditto at Team Rocket HQ in Mahogany.

When it comes to evs, do you get the 1 hp ev from ditto despite it transforming, or do you get evs based on what ditto was when it fainted?

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Got myself a Metapod. Evolved it into Butterfree with Compoundeyes and got a Stantler with Frisk. Went hunting for Lucky Eggs and got one quick quickly! Ended up being greedy and managed to grab other two from other wild Chansey; luckily there was a swarm. Ah, how I love this item!

epicmonster037

So, after I beat Sabrina (10th badge), Baoba called me to say he had objects ready. So I went to the Safari Zone to try to get a Hippopotas, but the Peak objects aren't available yet. (This is for a Ground Monotype) I reset and talked to Baoba, but didn't enter. How long do I have to play before I can use the Peak objects and get Hippopotas? I want to have Hippowdon for Blue, and definitely for Red. Thanks!

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
So I just defeated a ditto at Team Rocket HQ in Mahogany.

When it comes to evs, do you get the 1 hp ev from ditto despite it transforming, or do you get evs based on what ditto was when it fainted?
Still looking for help here.

In the end, I had the ditto become a blissey so I'd get the most exp. Also, it keeps the evs in hp should I obtain evs from what it transformed into.

After keeping track of my evs and sending my pokémon to gen 5 where I can check evs easiest, I tested. So I seperated the hp evs on my tally to 38 should I get the ditto's and 40 if I got the blissey's. I made enough room (removed 80-something speed evs). Bought 7 hp up. If it took six, that'd prove that it had the 40 because 40+60=100, the most you can get with vitamins. Should it take the seventh hp up, would have been 38. So, apparently the ditto gives evs based on what it transforms into, because my pokémon only took 6 hp up.

From what I gather I'm correct, but if anyone knows something different or I messed up, maybe nicely help me understand?

EDI: Now I'm confused. I must have messed up because fought a ditto in Giant whatever after it became a woobat. FIrst I erased all speed evs. After defeating the ditto woobat, totodile still had no evs. So possibly transform and evs behave differently between the gens?

Last edited:
I just recently bought an Emerald version off eBay, I caught enough pokemon to migrate, and I got all 16 badges on Heart Gold but for some reason the migrate from Emerald option does not appear on the menu, are there requirements on Emerald I need to fulfill aside from having 6 pokemon without HM moves in the box system? I tried migrating on both of my DS systems and both do not show a migration option, although they can play Emerald itself on their own.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I just recently bought an Emerald version off eBay, I caught enough pokemon to migrate, and I got all 16 badges on Heart Gold but for some reason the migrate from Emerald option does not appear on the menu, are there requirements on Emerald I need to fulfill aside from having 6 pokemon without HM moves in the box system? I tried migrating on both of my DS systems and both do not show a migration option, although itheycan play Emerald itself on their own.

First, You should visit the Pal Park section, as I think this will unlock the option for it to appear in game.

IF you've got a fake Emerald, or a copy of Emerald that is not the same Language as the games, the option to Migrate will not appear. I have Completed my Emerald since before I completed Diamond so I don't know if you can transfer Pokémon out like before a certain point.

First, You should visit the Pal Park section, as I think this will unlock the option for it to appear in game.

IF you've got a fake Emerald, or a copy of Emerald that is not the same Language as the games, the option to Migrate will not appear. I have Completed my Emerald since before I completed Diamond so I don't know if you can transfer Pokémon out like before a certain point.

I saved directly in the Pal Park (and talked to everyone inside) on Heart Gold and my Emerald version is English like my Heart Gold, unfortunately however I'm leaning towards a fake game since the label on the cart itself isn't kaleidoscopic like a different one I used to have before and it froze on me once with a horrible buzzing sound.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I saved directly in the Pal Park (and talked to everyone inside) on Heart Gold and my Emerald version is English like my Heart Gold, unfortunately however I'm leaning towards a fake game since the label on the cart itself isn't kaleidoscopic like a different one I used to have before and it froze on me once with a horrible buzzing sound.

If it did that it's fake. I unfortunately ended up with a fake too and it did that.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

I can absolutely guarantee you that if your label on your cartridge is not holographic (i.e., shiny like the back of holographic Pokemon trading cards) and kaleidoscopic then it is definitely fake. ALL Nintendo Gen III games have holo, kaleidoscopic backgrounds.

I had a fake Emerald once, too, that was like that. I didn't notice at first, but I didn't even get to the first gym before I realized that something about it was just "off". It played like the normal game, but it felt wrong. I guess 16 years of playing Pokemon made me REALLY familiar with the little nuances of the game. Anyway, turns out my Emerald didn't have a holo background, either. :)

Mera

Is there in HG or SS a place where you can see how many EVs your pokémon have?

And with the Battle Points, how do you get them and how many?

In black and white when sunny day is in effect growth raises both attack and special attack by two stages. Would growth raise the special attack in Soulsilver by two stages if sunny day is in effect?

Can HM moves be bred?

Last edited:
In the Wi-Fi Battle Tower, can you rank up by facing the previous room you just lost to, or do you have to log into Wi-Fi and pick a different room to rank up? I'm asking because there seems to be a one use limit for each of the rooms.

srullic

I've got a question about pokegear rematches. Say I had a rematch with a trainer. if I battle him next week will his pokemon get stronger, even though I'm only have seven badges? Do the trainer's pokemon get stronger only after I beat the E4?

Status
Not open for further replies.