• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mera

The best has pretty much been to try alternating between feeding them and throwing stuff at them. There's really no guaranteed strategy, though. Just chuck balls.

Thanks, espeially Lapras and smeargle are such a pain, I'll just go get a smeargle at the ruins of Alph

iPodwithnomusic

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Safari Zone, and on the Serebii page for it, it states that for some Pokemon it can take 10+ days for them to appear. Do I need to go in the Safari Zone for it to count as a day? Do I need to go into that specific zone for it to count for a day?

Thanks.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hello,

I'm trying to use the Safari Zone, and on the Serebii page for it, it states that for some Pokemon it can take 10+ days for them to appear. Do I need to go in the Safari Zone for it to count as a day? Do I need to go into that specific zone for it to count for a day?

Thanks.

No, the game counts the days whether or not you go into the Safari Zone. I'm not sure if you can manipulate the DS's calendar, though, to get the Pokemon on the same day or not.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I've heard varying reports about whether changing the time actually works. Depending on what you're waiting for it may or may not be worth the hassle. You'd have to change the time to 11:59 the day before and let it roll over if there's any hope of it working.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Hey guys, up to how many unknown's can you catch? I mean, if you catch every letter would something happen? Just curious

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hey guys, up to how many unknown's can you catch? I mean, if you catch every letter would something happen? Just curious

There are 28 different Unown Forms, each one represent a Letter besides 2 which Represent ! and ?. You'll need to complete all the Puzzles to find all the letters. After you find all of the letters, You'll find the ! and ? formes in the Entrance rooms.

Smixor

Question about HG/SS, more of a technical one.

Hiya. Could anyone help me with a confusion of mine? I have a european 3DS and just ordered a version of Soul Silver from an american store, does this mean I wont be able to play SS on my 3DS since the 3DS is region locked?
I have been told I can't because SS might have been DSi enhanced, but others dismiss this and honestly, I don't know what to think anymore..

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Last edited:

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Hello all,

I have been playing a relatively new file of SS, although I've had it for a couple years, and am in Azalea where Kurt lives. Collected the Apricorns nearby on the route and also gave Kurt some Apricorns to fashion into Pokeballs. It's been a couple days since I last played and I discovered that no new Apricorns have grown back and Kurt is still working on those Balls. Is something wrong with my game?

Thanks!
~SR

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hello all,

I have been playing a relatively new file of SS, although I've had it for a couple years, and am in Azalea where Kurt lives. Collected the Apricorns nearby on the route and also gave Kurt some Apricorns to fashion into Pokeballs. It's been a couple days since I last played and I discovered that no new Apricorns have grown back and Kurt is still working on those Balls. Is something wrong with my game?

Thanks!
~SR

If you changed the time or used a different system you'll have to wait one more day after saving, without changing time or systems.

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
I don't know if that could be the issue. I last played on Saturday, kept the cart in my DS Lite until Tuesday morning at a little after midnight before seeing what it played like on my new 3DS XL. Wouldn't the Apricorns have regenerated Sunday in the Lite?

~SR

EDIT: Okay. I'll check it tomorrow after it sits in my Lite for a day and see if my precious Apricorns grew back. I didn't know cartridges recognized in which system they were being played. :/ Thanks for all your help, Hydrohs!

EDIT2: It's been another day and so I checked my file and the Apricorns have grown back and Kurt, the lazy bum, has finally finished making my PokeBalls.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know if that could be the issue. I last played on Saturday, kept the cart in my DS Lite until Tuesday morning at a little after midnight before seeing what it played like on my new 3DS XL. Wouldn't the Apricorns have regenerated Sunday in the Lite?

~SR

If you didn't pick them up before switch systems it would have thrown it off.

Johanna

Old Fart
I have a bug in my SS game that I can't find any info of online.

I've given Kurt two apricorns and waited for over 24 hours now for him to finish the balls that I need. He just sits in his regular spot and says that I shouldn't bother him as he's working, but as I recall he's supposed to go to his working space when he's working? Anyone familiar with this glitch, and is there a way to fix it?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a bug in my SS game that I can't find any info of online.

I've given Kurt two apricorns and waited for over 24 hours now for him to finish the balls that I need. He just sits in his regular spot and says that I shouldn't bother him as he's working, but as I recall he's supposed to go to his working space when he's working? Anyone familiar with this glitch, and is there a way to fix it?

Have you tired leaving and returning? Often the game only checks the time for people as you go though the door.

Johanna

Old Fart
Yeah. I have my game saved outside his house, and every time I go inside he just stands there and says to leave him alone, as if he as at his work station. I've been to Goldenrod and back in-between, and he never even left to sit at his work station.

Checked it again. No dice.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Yeah. I have my game saved outside his house, and every time I go inside he just stands there and says to leave him alone, as if he as at his work station. I've been to Goldenrod and back in-between, and he never even left to sit at his work station.

Checked it again. No dice.

Have you change the clock on your DS, recently?

If you have, Kurt stops producing Pokéballs for a few days. Other timed events also stop working for a few days. I am aware that USA recently changed their clocks.

Johanna

Old Fart
Never touched it, even for daylight savings time. Really weird.

I can only hope that it will sort itself out then. In the meantime my boyfriend lent me his HG to catch the pokémon that I wanted.

matthijs

Beginning Trainer
Hello fellow Pokémon players

I'm having a huge problem here. One time in my game I SAVed a pokemon to my cartridge which was illegal (I gave it 999 stats and such). I knew it was dangerous, but I like to experiment, thus I only tested it once.

Today I discovered that when I take a held item from my Pokemon, or I pick up an item from the ground, it doesn't show up in my bag. Which sucks monkeyballs. I know there's a possibility that the cheated Pokemon caused this.

The big problem is that I kinda devoted my life to this game (not really but I have a four star trainercard, some rare event pkm and 4 coloured frontier medals), so I don't want to restart my game.

Anyone here knows how to reverse it? Solutions and additional information much appreciated!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hello fellow Pokémon players

I'm having a huge problem here. One time in my game I SAVed a pokemon to my cartridge which was illegal (I gave it 999 stats and such). I knew it was dangerous, but I like to experiment, thus I only tested it once.

Today I discovered that when I take a held item from my Pokemon, or I pick up an item from the ground, it doesn't show up in my bag. Which sucks monkeyballs. I know there's a possibility that the cheated Pokemon caused this.

The big problem is that I kinda devoted my life to this game (not really but I have a four star trainercard, some rare event pkm and 4 coloured frontier medals), so I don't want to restart my game.

Anyone here knows how to reverse it? Solutions and additional information much appreciated!

Something is definitely ruined. Where you hacked previously we can't offer you much assistance, that sort of stuff is against the rules here.

Status
Not open for further replies.