• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I decided to use Steelix as my sixth Pokémon, but it basically sucks. Only about 50% of its moves ever hit, making training and battling with it pointless. I don't recall ever having this problem with a Steelix before. Should I replace it or how should I train it?

Whatever you chose to do with it is your decision, however I wouldn't replace it, as it's a pretty decent Pokemon if you ask me, it's not the best attacker however it does have a really good defense, which is quite useful.

You keep saying your moves are missing, I'd teach your Steelix Iron Head, which can be taught from a tutor at the Frontier Access, and also Earthquake, those are practically musts, and they both have an accuracy of 100, so they'll never miss unless someone uses an accuracy lowering move.

And also I'd teach it Screech, because it isn't the best attacker, and cause Screech lowers the opponent's denfese you'll do more damage.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
So, I accidentally KO'ed Entei. My question is does he reappear after defeating the E4, or should I reset? The main page only mentions stationary legendaries reappear, so I apologize for asking a question that may have an obvious answer.

I'm pretty sure the Beasts aren't included in what is revived by beating the E4 again.

actually they are. Roaming Pokemon can be re-battled after defeating the E4 again.

FireChick

I'm having a Suicune problem! I found him at Route 14 and try to go to Bill's to catch him! But even AFTER I make Misty return to the Cerulean gym, even AFTER I get the machine part and give it to the power plant people, even AFTER I get Copycat girl's doll back and get the train ticket, and EVEN AFTER I meet Steven and learn of Latios (I expected Latias, but oh well), I STILL DON'T SEE SUICUNE AT BILL'S CAPE!!! I visited him in all the locations he appears, but he still doesn't appear at Bill's house! Are there other requirements I need to fulfill before catching him (such as defeating Red or getting all the Kanto badges or something)?

Ultimate Glalie

I'm having a Suicune problem! I found him at Route 14 and try to go to Bill's to catch him! But even AFTER I make Misty return to the Cerulean gym, even AFTER I get the machine part and give it to the power plant people, even AFTER I get Copycat girl's doll back and get the train ticket, and EVEN AFTER I meet Steven and learn of Latios (I expected Latias, but oh well), I STILL DON'T SEE SUICUNE AT BILL'S CAPE!!! I visited him in all the locations he appears, but he still doesn't appear at Bill's house! Are there other requirements I need to fulfill before catching him (such as defeating Red or getting all the Kanto badges or something)?
There shouldn't be any other requirements.

So you've seen Suicune:
- In Cianwood City,
- Below Mt. Mortar,
- In Vermillion City,
- On Route 14?

MetaPheonixPal

I see you made her return to her gym but did you defeat her? I guess that is one thing you could try.

FireChick

So you've seen Suicune:
- In Cianwood City,
- Below Mt. Mortar,
- In Vermillion City,
- On Route 14?

Yes, yes I have!

I see you made her return to her gym but did you defeat her? I guess that is one thing you could try.

No, I didn't defeat her. I should probably do that. But I need to train my pokemon first.

Last edited:
I can't find this anywhere...

giartina/palkia/diagla babies that you get in HG/SS at lvl1 are supposed to learn a new move but I can't find: which move do they learn, when do they learn it, do they have to learn it in HG/SS or will they still learn it in DPPT?

anyone know where to find this out?

MetaPheonixPal

Can someone list all the things that you can do after defeating Red?

The only things i can think of are getting the Hoenn and Kanto Starters but there may be more. I think a lot more things happen when you get the National Dex like more pokemon being available, the Frontier, etc.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
anyone know where to find this out?

The new moves are:

For Dialga - Metal Burst @ lvl 24
For Palkia - Hydro Pump @ lvl 42
For Giratina - Shadow Sneak @ lvl 19

Last edited:

LegitEagle

Scizor Trainer
Hey guys my question is simple, they didn't put any way to make magneton evolve to magnezone? i was going to get one but now that i know this i can't decide other eletric pokemon.

MetaPheonixPal

Hey guys my question is simple, they didn't put any way to make magneton evolve to magnezone? i was going to get one but now that i know this i can't decide other eletric pokemon.

No way to evolve Magneton, if you want to evolve it I suggest trading it to DPPt, evolving it there, and then trading it back.
Some electric types you can use are Ampharos and Lanturn.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

No they didn't. It's not part of the Johto Dex either. You'll need to trade with D/P/P in order to get one.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

No way to do so in HG/SS, also, to expand, you cannot evolve these either in the games:

-Nosepass to Probopass
-Eevee to Glaceon
-Eevee to Leafeon

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is it true that if I defeat Lugia in the Whirl Islands and then go defeat the Elite Four, it will appear again in the Whirl Islands?

If it matters I'm playing SoulSilver. I'd like someone who has tried and tested this to confirm it please.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
the raikou has a bad nature if I KO it will it re-spawn with new stats?

kingofthedead

<-- newest shiny
Alright guys, question for ya, It says inorder to catch a beldum I need to place 21 rocky objects in the safari zone. Which I have done, then it says Days: 70, Does that seriously mean I have to wait 70 freaking days in real life inorder to catch a beldum? Thats crazy is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.