• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I found pokemon from both the group B and C in the pokewalker. I thought it picks only one pokemon to encounter per trip?
What do you mean? It's one Pokemon from each group. Therefore there is a total of 3 Pokemon that can be active at one time :p

Godric

Petrew Petrew
I found pokemon from both the group B and C in the pokewalker. I thought it picks only one pokemon to encounter per trip?

no no, you can only encounter 1 pokemon from each group depending on the amount of steps you've taken.
You will be able to encounter 1 group C pokemon, 1 group B pokemon and 1 group A pokemon if you have the required amount of steps needed to make that Pokemon appear.

Female Steelix

A Female Steelix
no no, you can only encounter 1 pokemon from each group depending on the amount of steps you've taken.
You will be able to encounter 1 group C pokemon, 1 group B pokemon and 1 group A pokemon if you have the required amount of steps needed to make that Pokemon appear.

Oh I see now!

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Is it possible to trade between D/P/Pt and HG/SS using the GTS?

yes, you can trade between DPt and HGSS via GTS, they're all Gen IV games.

Yaragorm

Cosmic Energy FTW
When I first bought HeartGold, I forgot to change my DS time for Daylight Savings. I didn't realize it until now when I've gone through pretty much all of the game.

I'm afraid to change the time because it might screw up the Wi-fi Connection or the Pokewalker, which I use a lot. Is it okay for me to change the time?

Bank$

... So, uh, what do you do if Steven won't appear?

I've beaten Red and been to the Pokemon Fan Club in Vermillion, but he isn't there to talk to me.

Why?

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before, I'd feel silly if it was.

Have you finished the power plant side quest? You have to recover the stolen machine part from the rocket grunt in Cerulean City and give it to the fat guy in the plant. He will then give you Charge Beam and you'll be able to release Latios/as.

Morgil

OK, so I got both games, but am using gold as my main. Now, i just got the 16th badge, and am now gonna do a bunch of side quests and events. I'm about to do the Arceus event next, but i have a question/idea. I'm thinking of doing the event and getting one of the poke-gods, then trading Arceus to a new silver game, getting the second poke-god, trade both it and Arceus back to gold, resetting the silver game, trading Arceus over again, getting the third poke-god, and then trading them back to gold again so i'll have all three.

Now my question is: When is the earliest i can activate the event? Can i do it as soon as i first reach the ruins of alph, or do i have to wait 'till later? Hopefully i can just do it right away, since i'd only have to get through to the first gym and wouldn't really be losing much progress when i'd reset after that.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
you can do that once you reach the ruins.
technical requirements: pokedex, possibly the first gym badge but looking at it, i don't think you really need it since its not blocked to start off with.

Morgil

Cool, then i'll probably spend some time doing that tomorrow so i can get all three poke-gods. Thanks.

mbruno

I know that you get the Arceus plates from the captain of the SS Aqua on trips after the first one, but when I took a second trip and talked to the captain, he didn't give me anything. Is there something special I need to do before he'll start giving me the plates?

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
Quick question...
How does time and/or date changing in DS affect the growth of berries?
Will the berries disappear? or wilt?

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
the berries will not dissapear or wilt but they will be in a frozen state for about a day. the same effect will happen to apricorns too.

Shiny Rokon

Will my yanma evolve into yanmega if it knows ancient power/reaches lv 33 and learns it before i get the national dex?

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
yes. its actually built into the johto dex.
there are 4 other pokemon that can happen to: aipom, piloswine, lickitung, & tangela

Bank$

Concerning the shiny leaf.

Can you find multiple leafs in the same route or do you have to travel to a different route once you find one?

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
you can only find one leaf per pokemon in the route. but there is a chance that you won't find a leaf in one of the routes listed.

Esterk

Concerning the shiny leaf.

Can you find multiple leafs in the same route or do you have to travel to a different route once you find one?

I think it's one per each route listed on the site. I was able to collect all five under five minutes though and every route I tried had the shiny leaf for me so you just have to keep trying. If you don't get it, just move on to the next route that's listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.