• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
When do the construction workers finish south of Fuschia City?

When you come around the other side. You need to get the Expansion Card to fight Snorlax, go through Diglett's Cave, and walk and surf the rest of the way.

How do you get the Kimono Girls to appear in the Dance Studio? I got the Silver Wing and it's still the one Kimono Girl from before.

Brave Birdy

When you come around the other side. You need to get the Expansion Card to fight Snorlax, go through Diglett's Cave, and walk and surf the rest of the way.

How do you get the Kimono Girls to appear in the Dance Studio? I got the Silver Wing and it's still the one Kimono Girl from before.

You have to defeat Claire and then get the master ball from Elm.
He will then tell you that the Kimono girls were looking for you.

I had a question about breeding. Did they change it in HG/SS that when you place a pokemon in the breeding center, it won't learn new moves as it lvls in there?

I have 2 good prospects for an Umbreon. A male and a female. One is has a better Def IV while the other has better SpD IV. So I'm thinking I'll breed them. The problem is they have Egg moves Wish and Curse on them. I don't want to mess that up in case this breeding doesn't pan out.

dannydstk

okay so ive gotten all the kanto gym badges and defeated the e4 again but suicune still isnt showing up in the vermillion port :(

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

I did that, I've been to Cinnibar already through Pallet Town, after going through Diglett Cave to Pewter City.

Do I need to defeat Janine to unlock the route from Fushcia to Seafoam Island?

gamerdude123

my first shiny
where is the coin case in the english version i cant find it in the under ground

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Unown ! and ?

For all you players out there trying to get the last two Unown, here's the answer:

1. Complete all of the slide puzzles in the 4 chambers
2. Catch all of the first 26 Unown, you can use the Unown Radio signal to find the ones your missing!
3. Open up all of the secret rooms in all four chambers. (Yes! you need Ho-oh!)
4. Make sure you have dropped down the hole in each of the secret rooms and examined the unown writing on the floor.
5. Keep talking the researcher in the house who is near the bookshelfs, until he says they've discovered the last two Unown.

After you have done all of this, Unown ! and Unown ? will appear as wild pokemon encounters in the main hall entrance of the Ruins of Alph. There is no extra room. just keep wandering around the main entrance until you find them!

Hope this helps all of you!

Queri

I had a question about breeding. Did they change it in HG/SS that when you place a pokemon in the breeding center, it won't learn new moves as it lvls in there?

I have 2 good prospects for an Umbreon. A male and a female. One is has a better Def IV while the other has better SpD IV. So I'm thinking I'll breed them. The problem is they have Egg moves Wish and Curse on them. I don't want to mess that up in case this breeding doesn't pan out.

Unfortunately, they'll still learn moves as they level. Had a Feraligatr in there breeding and when I pulled it out, Superpower overwrote one of his other moves. Had to use a heart scale to get it back. :(

Phinocio

When I put a pokemon up for trade on the GTS, and say what I'm looking for, does it automatically do the trade when someone offers what I'm "looking for" or do I decide to accept/decline? Also can I Accept trades for pokemon that I am not "looking for"?

Have you finished the power plant side quest? You have to recover the stolen machine part from the rocket grunt in Cerulean City and give it to the fat guy in the plant. He will then give you Charge Beam and you'll be able to release Latios/as.

Yeah, I did that when I first got to Kanto, but... he still won't appear.

I'm planning on buying Heartgold next week, and I have a few questions about the Pokewalker.
1. Does the Pokewalker have to be attached to your belt in order for it to gain watts/steps? Would I be able to leave it in my pocket or bag and it will gain watts/steps?

2. Is it possible for Pokemon to evolve or learn new moves while they are in the Pokewalker? If I read correctly, Pokemon gain levels and happiness while they are in the Pokewalker, so when they reach the required level/amount of happiness, would they evolve or learn any new moves?

Thanks in advance!

Queri

I'm planning on buying Heartgold next week, and I have a few questions about the Pokewalker.
1. Does the Pokewalker have to be attached to your belt in order for it to gain watts/steps? Would I be able to leave it in my pocket or bag and it will gain watts/steps?
It works fine in my pocket! I wouldn't count on it being accurate for how many steps you've taken, but you do gain steps.

2. Is it possible for Pokemon to evolve or learn new moves while they are in the Pokewalker? If I read correctly, Pokemon gain levels and happiness while they are in the Pokewalker, so when they reach the required level/amount of happiness, would they evolve or learn any new moves?

Thanks in advance!
Your pokemon you take with you in the pokewalker will gain xp up to the amount required for it to be the next level. If it's level 1, you can ONLY gain enough xp to go to level 2, etc. You can, of course, transfer it back to your game and into the pokewalker so that you can then go from 2->3, but you need to do this for each level.
Pokemon that level with the pokewalker do NOT gain new moves and do NOT evolve. If you missed a level up move, you can use the move relearner (and pay a heart scale) to get it. Leveling once normally in-game can get the pokemon to evolve, if it's due for it.

When I put a pokemon up for trade on the GTS, and say what I'm looking for, does it automatically do the trade when someone offers what I'm "looking for" or do I decide to accept/decline? Also can I Accept trades for pokemon that I am not "looking for"?
When you put a pokemon up for trade on GTS, someone else must decide to trade for it when they "search" for pokemon. Once they decide to trade for your pokemon, it automatically trades and that's that. You don't get a chance to accept/decline it. They can't offer anything but what you said you're looking for.
While you have a pokemon up for trade, you can ALSO use the "search" to look for other pokemon.
The in-game GTS is a little restrictive, so if you have a complex or flexible trade you want to work out, it's best to do it on the forums/chat here on serebii (or other sites).

Last edited:

Phinocio

When you put a pokemon up for trade on GTS, someone else must decide to trade for it when they "search" for pokemon. Once they decide to trade for your pokemon, it automatically trades and that's that. You don't get a chance to accept/decline it. They can't offer anything but what you said you're looking for.
While you have a pokemon up for trade, you can ALSO use the "search" to look for other pokemon.
The in-game GTS is a little restrictive, so if you have a complex or flexible trade you want to work out, it's best to do it on the forums/chat here on serebii (or other sites).

In that case then. Where can I see a Pichu in SS?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
It get's traded almost instantly when some one responds to your "Offer". You Automaticly get Pokémon sent to you, when you log on to GTS, or hit Summary. (Depending on the Situation, you may have not left GTS before a it is traded.)

If you put up an offer asking for a Raichu, you can't get a Pichu or Pikachu. You will get a Raichu.

It's almost the same GTS as DPPt, but without the "Level" glitch.

Thanks in advance!
1. It doesn't need to be on your belt. but I like attached there. The Belt attachment must be screwed on, with a small Philips screwdriver. (#0 works well in my Halfords Precision set) I had got about 5000 Steps/~250W on it, in back Pocket.. (I knew it was there all the time as I was JUST Walking Home, for about 1&1/2 miles.)

2. You can only gain 1 level when in the Pokéwalker. According to people here they may learn a Move on return.

Thank you for your help, Poke_Cannon and Queri!
I wasn't sure if I was going to use the Pokewalker if it had to be always attached to my belt and there was a possibility that my Pokemon would evolve to learn new moves (and overwrite old ones) without me knowing. But seeing as those things don't happen, I think I'll be using the Pokewalker more than I expected!

EDIT: and thanks Big Nutter, sorry I didn't see your post when I was replying.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
While I do not have a question involving a puzzle or what-not, I was wondering if anyone knew about cool things to do after you have obtained all 16 badges? I am not ready to face Red yet, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.