• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

ijea4444

But that is where the problem is. How can a level 23 Noctowl have a higher speed than a level 40 Raikou? My question is if a wild Pokemon chooses to flee, do you attack first.

Someone should test this is out because i'm sure that even a +speed 31 iv Noctowl at level 23 shouldn't be able to outspeed a Raikou at level 40 unless it had a -speed 0 speed iv. I would calculate this but I don't have the time.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
But that is where the problem is. How can a level 23 Noctowl have a higher speed than a level 40 Raikou? My question is if a wild Pokemon chooses to flee, do you attack first.

Pokemon attacks that don't have a -1 (or more) Priority will hit a fleeing Pokemon.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Pokemon attacks that don't have a -1 (or more) Priority will hit a fleeing Pokemon.
So I guess you are saying that a player's Pokemon can hit a roaming legendary regardless of who has higher speed if the priority isn't too low?

Godric

Petrew Petrew
So I guess you are saying that a player's Pokemon can hit a roaming legendary regardless of who has higher speed if the priority isn't too low?

Yes, but the speed of a pokemon is also taken into consideration when a Wild Pokemon flees. I'm fairly certain that Raikou will flee before a lvl 2 Pidgey has a chance to attack.

Drake #505

Breeder Brock!
I hate to ask without actually reading this whole thread (but that would take awhile).

Can anyone give me a link to the overworld sprites of all Pokemon following you, in all positions? I would greatly appreciate it.

Brave Birdy

I'm kind of confused with the Safari Zone.

Basically, do I only have to let 1 red flower sit in an area for 10 days and then all of my red flowers will be level 2? or just one of them?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I'm kind of confused with the Safari Zone.

Basically, do I only have to let 1 red flower sit in an area for 10 days and then all of my red flowers will be level 2? or just one of them?

You don't actually need to put anything down at all. Just have the area active and it will upgrade when the specific number of days comes about.

I wasn't aware that you could get a Hoenn starter in this game, do you know where you find it?

Steven Stone gives it to you after you defeat Red. For more information see here

Nintendan

grama god
Please help!!

Help! My brother cannot save his Soul Silver game! Whenever he attempts to save, the textbbox displays:
"There is already a saved game file.
It is impossible to save.
Please refer to the Instruction Booklet for details.
Press Up + SELECT + B Button on
the title screen if you want to erase
the current saved file."

Anyone had this before? The instruction booklet doesn't seem to help much.

Cammi

fly away
I am aware Legendaries respawn after you KO or run away from them if you defeat the E4 again, but do their natures and IVs remain unchanged, or are those reset, too?

magentaman

i want to look for a charmander on the gts, does anyone know where i can see one for my pokedex?

mbruno

I've been trying to collect the Gym Leaders' phone numbers and have been going by the info on the main site, but for some reason some of the Gym Leaders aren't showing up at the place/time given on the main site so I can get their numbers. Now for the Gym Leaders in question I have beat them already and have beaten the Elite 4, though I haven't gotten all the Kanto badges, however I have gotten some of the Gym Leaders' numbers already. The leaders who haven't appeared for me when they should are Falkner and Misty so far and the leaders whose numbers I've already gotten are Bugsy, Morty, and Chuck. Some of the Gym Leaders must have some additional criteria that needs to be fulfilled(other than beating the E4 and the gym leader whose number you want) before they will appear so you can get their number. Can somebody help me clear this up?

Anybody? I'd really like to figure this out.

koosbane

master breeder
I am stuck in the game. after I beat pryce I don't remeber getting a call from elm about the radio tower being taken over. I went to goldenrod there are more grunts but not like there should be. i went underground and the guy did not grab me and dress me up. the game is not letting me progress. am I screwed?

AntiRadioEdit

Punk Trainer
I know this has probably been asked/answered...but how on EARTH do you get the commemorative photos!? I looked all over for the guy but can't find him. Do I have to have the photo album first? If I do, where do I get it? Thanks!

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Where is a good place to level up for the 2nd gym? I can easily beat Bugsy's Metapod and Kakuna, but his Scyther just 1 or 2-hit-KO'd the rest of my team. My starter, Croconaw, is level 18, one of my team is level 15, one is level 14, the rest are all 13. I want to get the others up to about level 16, but Ilex Forest is as far as i can go and the bugs in there are all weak as hell, so where would be a good spot to level up?

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
I know this has probably been asked/answered...but how on EARTH do you get the commemorative photos!? I looked all over for the guy but can't find him. Do I have to have the photo album first? If I do, where do I get it? Thanks!

Serebii has a page about those photos here.
Did you look everywhere on the right day? Because you can't take a photo everyday at the same place.

magentaman

i think you might need to speak to the guy in goldenrod underground to activate them?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Help! My brother cannot save his Soul Silver game! Whenever he attempts to save, the textbbox displays:
"There is already a saved game file.
It is impossible to save.
Please refer to the Instruction Booklet for details.
Press Up + SELECT + B Button on
the title screen if you want to erase
the current saved file."

Anyone had this before? The instruction booklet doesn't seem to help much.
It sounds like he selected new game, on the main menu, without Deleting the old Data first.

I've got some bad News! He will lose the current game. He MUST delete the older Save, if he does not want to play it, before starting a new game.

This is the ONLY OPTIONS I can give you.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Where is a good place to level up for the 2nd gym? I can easily beat Bugsy's Metapod and Kakuna, but his Scyther just 1 or 2-hit-KO'd the rest of my team. My starter, Croconaw, is level 18, one of my team is level 15, one is level 14, the rest are all 13. I want to get the others up to about level 16, but Ilex Forest is as far as i can go and the bugs in there are all weak as hell, so where would be a good spot to level up?

Just reminding you all of this, and this is a pretty simple question. Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.