• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maru

Iron Maiden ~
when i get the screen it goes straight to the start with oak and picking my name and such

Oh...I 'm afraid there's no way you can get it again then u.u Did you turned off while saving or something like that? You said you "soft reseted", you did it by turning off the ds and turning on it again or did you pressed something else? Because you can't start a new game, you must erase the file manually by pressing something, I don't remember what. Maybe that happened :s

DSDark

Breeder
Oh...I 'm afraid there's no way you can get it again then u.u Did you turned off while saving or something like that? You said you "soft reseted", you did it by turning off the ds and turning on it again or did you pressed something else? Because you can't start a new game, you must erase the file manually by pressing something, I don't remember what. Maybe that happened :s

i soft restarted (left and right shoulders + start and select) while in the pokeathlon

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have a question: When can I find and fight Suicune? I've arrived in Cerulean City but both Misty and Suicune are missing from that hilly spot on Cerulean Cape. Was I supposed to do something? I've already been to most of the important spots like Lavender Town :/

Ho-oh Master

"Once you find it here, it will leave Johto and head to Kanto where you will see it in Vermillion City soon after you arrive. Next you will see it in Route 14 where it will escape for the final time to be found outside Bill's House in Route 25 after Misty has returned to her gym. This is where you battle Suicune"

I'm sure you read it a dozen times though lol. Just go find him at route 14, go make Misty return to her gym and beat her, then go to route 25? Maybe you forgot a step?

Lorde

"Once you find it here, it will leave Johto and head to Kanto where you will see it in Vermillion City soon after you arrive. Next you will see it in Route 14 where it will escape for the final time to be found outside Bill's House in Route 25 after Misty has returned to her gym. This is where you battle Suicune"

I'm sure you read it a dozen times though lol. Just go find him at route 14, go make Misty return to her gym and beat her, then go to route 25? Maybe you forgot a step?

I've seen it on Route 14 and Eusine told me it likes "hilly places near water" so I went to Cerulean Cape and it's not there. Misty is also missing, I thought I had to find the Machine Part to make her appear but I didn't find it in her Gym even in the location it's supposed to be in lol :p

I think there's another step, I still haven't found the TR guy either. I thought he appeared in her gym right off the bat....

Maru

Iron Maiden ~
I've seen it on Route 14 and Eusine told me it likes "hilly places near water" so I went to Cerulean Cape and it's not there. Misty is also missing, I thought I had to find the Machine Part to make her appear but I didn't find it in her Gym even in the location it's supposed to be in lol :p

I think there's another step, I still haven't found the TR guy either. I thought he appeared in her gym right off the bat....

You must go to the Power plant and talk to the...uhm...president? The fat guy near the generator. Then the policeman will ask you for your cooperation, you go to the gym and you find the team rocket grunt, then you go to the bridge north Cerulean city and u'll battle him. You can find the machine part in the gym after that.

Ho-oh Master

I didn't follow any guides but this is what I did..

1. Go to the Power Plant and talk to everyone there, when you try to leave the security gaurd will tell you he heard there was a shady guy at the gym.

2. Go back to Mistys gym, team rocket guy will bump into you and run away. Follow him, he's at the golden bridge a little north. Fight him and he will tell you where the item is hidden.

3. Go back to her gym and get the item, take it back to the power plant.

I'm haven't advanced far enough yet, I'm working my way down south to route 14 now...

tsol

I don't even recall how this happened. I've been playing Heart Gold, I got to Ecruteak [sp?], did all the subquests there. I think I headed out to Olivine [sp?] but I really hate surfing in Pokemon games. So I headed back and did some exploring of my own.
Without any problems at all I managed to end up at the Lake of Rage. I beat the subquest there (again, with no problems. Whole team were at levels 30-40). I beat the 7th gym, bringing my total badges to 5 with the 5th and 6th badges absent.

Now I've gone back and beat the 5th gym after learning whirlpool. Back in Goldenrod Team Rocket are still outside the radio station and someone is blocking the 3rd floor.

Have I broke it completely?
I haven't cheated either. My game is legit I don't own any hacking devices and my team are all from the game itself (no trades/transfers yet).

(this is the first time I've played Gold/Silver so I don't know anything about the story or upcoming events)

Lorde

I don't even recall how this happened. I've been playing Heart Gold, I got to Ecruteak [sp?], did all the subquests there. I think I headed out to Olivine [sp?] but I really hate surfing in Pokemon games. So I headed back and did some exploring of my own.
Without any problems at all I managed to end up at the Lake of Rage. I beat the subquest there (again, with no problems. Whole team were at levels 30-40). I beat the 7th gym, bringing my total badges to 5 with the 5th and 6th badges absent.

Now I've gone back and beat the 5th gym after learning whirlpool. Back in Goldenrod Team Rocket are still outside the radio station and someone is blocking the 3rd floor.

I haven't cheated either. My game is legit I don't own any hacking devices and my team are all from the game itself (no trades/transfers yet).

(this is the first time I've played Gold/Silver so I don't know anything about the story or upcoming events)

@ everyone who helped me: Thanks I got it solved!

You need to beat Chuck (5th) and then Jasmine (6th) to proceed. You had to have fought them BEFORE Pryce (7th). You need to beat Jasmine at the Olivine Gym if you've cleared Chuck's gym :S

The order is Falkner (1st), Bugsy (2nd), Whitney (3rd), Morty (4th), Chuck (5th), Jasmine (6th), Pryce (7th), Clair (8th). Going out of order causes issues.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Have you gotten the call from Professor Elm about the Team Rocket broadcasts on the radio? If you haven't gotten it yet, then getting the sixth gym badge might fix that problem.

Ho-oh Master

tsol, you need to go underground in Goldenrod and dress up like a Team Rocket member, go back into the radio station and you should be able too pass the next floor.

EDIT: Ninja'd >_> I should type faster instead of battling...

hitoshura0

Did you get the 6th badge? Or have you finished the Lighthouse and healed Amphy yet? You need to do all these before you'll get the Radio Tower event.

alpurt

Alright, so I'm continuing my mission to make the perfect blissey and my first level 100 >.<.

Would it be too much to ask someone trusted to get this guy seismic toss when its ready? I have no way of obtaining this by myself, you need some other game's move tutor.

I could offer some evolution stones in return, but I don't have much else. :(

hitoshura0

Alright, so I'm continuing my mission to make the perfect blissey and my first level 100 >.<.

Would it be too much to ask someone trusted to get this guy seismic toss when its ready? I have no way of obtaining this by myself, you need some other game's move tutor.

I could offer some evolution stones in return, but I don't have much else. :(

The Seismic Toss move tutor is in the third generation, so I don't think that exact one will be able to get it. Besides, the Trade Forum is available for all your trading needs.

Last edited:

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
When does the Saferai Zone open? Im in Cianwood and havent yet bet Chuck.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

How does the "Pikachu forest" Wi-fi event work?

I'd figure you would use Mystery gift in HG/SS, and then transfer it to the Pokewalker. But I haven't started either game yet, and I don't wanna mess anything up until I'm sure of what to do. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.