• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

\Mightyena/

Thanks Atoynat thats a big help

Hiran

Hello everyone!

So, basically I'm past 16 badges, my 2nd round Elite 4 Progress is 4/5. I'm getting roflstomped by Lance and his level 72+ pokemon. My roster goes as follows:

Typhlosion (77)
Gengar (71)
Snorlax (54)
Gyarados (46)
Gligar (24)
Makuhita (23)

I obviously need to level up. What I'd like to know is, is there any other way to level up efficiently besides getting roflstomped by elite 4? I'm already done with all the Kanto trainers, I try to rematch frequently. Unfortunately, Battle Frontier, as fun as it is, doesn't fetch me any experience. I'm already done with the super fast boat full of trainers too. To be honest, I'm pretty much facepalming at myself for not training Gyarados and Snorlax on the 1st round Elite 4 before acquiring that cursed 16th badge.

Tl;dr - Any other way to train Snorlax/Gyarados at the mentioned level except for exp.share grinding Elite 4 that I'm struggling with continously anyways?

Thanks in advance!

Rakurai

Hello everyone!

So, basically I'm past 16 badges, my 2nd round Elite 4 Progress is 4/5. I'm getting roflstomped by Lance and his level 72+ pokemon. My roster goes as follows:

Typhlosion (77)
Gengar (71)
Snorlax (54)
Gyarados (46)
Gligar (24)
Makuhita (23)

I obviously need to level up. What I'd like to know is, is there any other way to level up efficiently besides getting roflstomped by elite 4? I'm already done with all the Kanto trainers, I try to rematch frequently. Unfortunately, Battle Frontier, as fun as it is, doesn't fetch me any experience. I'm already done with the super fast boat full of trainers too. To be honest, I'm pretty much facepalming at myself for not training Gyarados and Snorlax on the 1st round Elite 4 before acquiring that cursed 16th badge.

Tl;dr - Any other way to train Snorlax/Gyarados at the mentioned level except for exp.share grinding Elite 4 that I'm struggling with continously anyways?

Thanks in advance!

Get a gym leader's phone number, then keep battling them repeatedly. You can fight them again as many times as you'd like within the specific time frame that they'll have a rematch.

Hiran

Get a gym leader's phone number, then keep battling them repeatedly. You can fight them again as many times as you'd like within the specific time frame that they'll have a rematch.
Ah, I always thought you could always rematch once per week. Thanks a bunch, now I'll finally have the rest of my team catch up to Gengar and Typhlosion!

Maru

Iron Maiden ~
i believe you can compare random tidbits with him things such as

who has battled more wild pokemon
who has hatched more eggs
whos fished more

things like that

but thats really all there is to it
Oh, but you're able to see that just by mixing records, so the groups are useless?

what days can u do the double battle with lance and claire

Go to Mt. Moon and beat your rival. Then when you go to Dragon's den, you'll team up with him and battle Lance and Clair.

Mirae

Is the SS Cartage Darker than most games? Most DS games have NTR-005 on the Back. HGSS does uses the IR Cart which has NTR-031. (NTR-### is Nintendo Code for the Nintendo-Made Hardware for the DS.) There is a Code at the bottom of the sticker, It like this NTR-1234-###. What's the last three letters (in the ###) of both games?

If the PokéWalker works it could be a Manufacturing Fault. Games can be lost if you've stopped a save in progress.
Now that you mention it, yes, Soul Silver's game cartridge is black whereas all my other DS games are dark grey. The code on the catridge sticker is NTR-IPGE-USA.
My Pokemon Diamond code on the catridge sticker is NTR-ADAP-EUR.
(As you can see an American Silver and European Diamond, as I've resorted to importing due to a delay in Silver's release in the Netherlands lol)

I tried out the Pokewalker today, and that seemed to work fine...

EDIT: I just noticed you might mean different codes! Sorry! Edited appropiately.
On the back of the cartridges (so not on the stickers, which is what I posted first) there are different codes.

Silver:
NTR-031

Diamond:
NTR-005

Last edited:

Maru

Iron Maiden ~
after i got my 16 badges what should i do now ?? :O
Go to Profesor Oak's lab. He will give you HM08 (Rock Climb) and grant you the access to Mt Silver. Once there, you must climb to the top and defeat Red. His pokemon are arround lv 80, so be careful.

Now that you mention it, yes, Soul Silver's game cartridge is black whereas all my other DS games are dark grey. The code on the catridge is NTR-IPGE-USA.
My Pokemon Diamond code on the catridge is NTR-ADAP-EUR.
(As you can see an American Silver and European Diamond, as I've resorted to importing due to a delay in Silver's release in the Netherlands lol)

I tried out the Pokewalker today, and that seemed to work fine...

EDIT: I just noticed you might mean different codes! Sorry!
On the back of the cartridges (so not on the stickers, which is what I posted first) there are different codes.

Silver:
NTR-031

Diamond:
NTR-005

My Heart gold has the same code. Also, I noticed that this carts appear to be darker than D/P/pt. By the way, I doubt your game is fake, considerating it has the Pokéwalker, which must be very difficult to be fake. I think you should go to the place you bought it and exchange it for another one or something like that.

Maru

Iron Maiden ~
thnx ...... but what is the best place to train ?

It deppends on the level of your Pokémon. But if you won all the badges, I think the best option would be battling the gym leaders again. This will help you. You can call and battle a leader as many times in a day as you like.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

Alright, I'm in Ilex forest trying to get this Farfetch'd to get out. I keep going up to it and trying to move it, but it keeps going in a circle.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Alright, I'm in Ilex forest trying to get this Farfetch'd to get out. I keep going up to it and trying to move it, but it keeps going in a circle.
Twigs are noisy and they get the Attention of the FarFetch'd Get to face one way, then Sneak up from behind.

The Second one is done to the north east.

Rakurai

When breeding, do the Pokemon in the daycare learn moves as they level up or do they skip them?

They still learn moves, but whenever they do, whatever move is at the top of their list will be replaced with the new move, unless it's a HM, in which case I believe the next non-HM move is removed.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
They learn level up moves over current moves.

I don't remember where it puts the moves in (top or bottom of move list). You might want to check that out to make sure that TM moves and Egg moves aren't deleted.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
They still learn moves, but whenever they do, whatever move is at the top of their list will be replaced with the new move, unless it's a HM, in which case I believe the next non-HM move is removed.

Nope they forget HM moves too.

They learn level up moves over current moves.
I don't remember where it puts the moves in (top or bottom of move list). You might want to check that out to make sure that TM moves and Egg moves aren't deleted.

It works like this;

Move A
Move B
Move C
Move D

It levels up in the daycare, and learns Move E

Move B
Move C
Move D
Move E

The new move appears at the bottom, and every move moves up a slot.

Last edited:

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

Alright, finished that. Now for Goldenrod, I guess. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.