• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a question about the pokewalker courses/items that you get via wi-fi. My question is this, can I still get the courses/items from the american release dates even if I have Pokemon HeartGold in Japanese?
It does not matter where in the World you are, it uses the events that the game originated from. Japanese game will download Japan Wifi events. USA games with USA Wifi evets, UK game UK Wifi... etc...

The US and European events are the same dates by choice of Management of Pokemon International.

Havocide

Collector
If I start a new game, will I lose my Poke Walker courses?

Maru

Iron Maiden ~
If I start a new game, will I lose my Poke Walker courses?
Yes. Also, you must reset your Pokéwalker.

When are Raikou/Entei/Latios' stats set?
The stats, nature and the fact that they are shiny or not, set when you encounter them for the first time in a battle.

tom_tom

Dunsparce
How many times can you battle Red?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Does anyone know this? I want to be able to start attracting Riolu's ASAP...

"Other" objects does not attract anything.
Peak & Forest objects, you will get them later on - Baoba will eventually contact you about the new objects. Just keep playing :p

TitaniumOxide

Hey guys im new and my question is from this page:

http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml#yellowforest

Fly/Flail:
0+ St: 100%
2000+ St: 65%
10000+ St: 63.7%
Fly/Volt Tackle:
5000+ St: 92%
10000+ St: 90.46%
Surf/Flail:
2000+ St: 65%
9500+ St: 63.05%
Surf/Volt Tackle:
5000+ St: 92%
9500+ St: 89.2%

What in the world does "ST:" mean? if it is short for "Steps" then i dont get it. because i got a little over 5000 steps and it didnt give me a pikachu that knows surf n volt tackle. and yes i do have this pokewalker course if anyone is wondering if i have the course.

mew2468

Mew & Rotom Trainer
The Kyogre's summary must say that it was caught on Embbeded tower. Also, when you go to catch Rayquaza, you must have both Groudon and Kyogre on your party.

I just caught Rayquaza today - you don't need Groudon or Kyogre in your party when you go to the Embedded Tower - all you need is the Jade Orb.

What in the world does "ST:" mean? if it is short for "Steps" then i dont get it. because i got a little over 5000 steps and it didnt give me a pikachu that knows surf n volt tackle. and yes i do have this pokewalker course if anyone is wondering if i have the course.

The percentages in your post are for the Pikachus in Group C. All it means is if the Surf Pikachu and the Volt Tackle Pikachu are the ones on the Pokewalker, you have a 100% of encountering the Group C Pikachu from 0 - 4999 steps, a 92% chance of encountering the Group C Pikachu from 5000 - 9499 steps, and a 89.2% chance of encountering the Group C Pikachu when you get to 9500 steps.

Last edited:

Beil

Hey, my first time here. Got a few questions:

1. I'm trying to breed a quadruple 31 IV Cubone with triple 31 IV parents. (Got a real nice triple 31 and would've stopped if it had Rock Head instead of Lightning Rod.) I've read Smogon's guide, but it doesn't incorporate how the Power items work with the three IV inheritance from the parents. Is this covered in another guide, or has anyone got some tips to make this endeavor as painless as possible?

2. I know it's been confirmed that the Everstone Nature inheritance works through the paternal line, but has it been legitimately confirmed that nothing can affect the offspring's Ability? (I seem to be getting a lot more Lightning Rods than Rock Heads. If there isn't a proven source on this, I might go ahead and do a t-test, with how many eggs I'm expecting to be hatching anyway...)

3. At the Battle Frontier, how does the lowering of Pokemon levels to 50 affect EV incorporation in the current stats? Since that sounded awkward, I'll use an example... will a level 50 Cubone with absolutely no EVs look different from a level 50+ Cubone that was max EV-trained after level 50 at the Battle Frontier?

Link me if these questions were answered elsewhere.

Many thanks.
-Beil

TitaniumOxide

I got crappy pikachus

a 92% chance of encountering the Group C Pikachu from 5000 - 9499 steps,

all i got was the regular pikachus with the basic attacks: thundershock, growl, tail whip and one with flail, helping hand, shockwave, and thunderwave. all these added together was 4 pikachus. i didnt get a single that knew fly or surf w/ volt tackle.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

1. Yes, St = Steps.

2. You need at least 9500 steps for the Surfing Pika - 7250 if the Pokemon you stored inside the Walker is Electric/Ground/Grass-Type.

3. You might not always get the VT Pika, it might be the Flail one instead, depending on what combination the game choose. And even if you do get the combination that has VT Pika, it's only 8% chance that you'll find one.

4. Like I said on page 118, read the table from right to left, not from left to right ;)

Try reading page 118, I explained a bit about the table, the chance, and the combination there, it might help you.

sprite

I am kind of so disappointed at the moment. I finally got the game, but I couldn't get the "WiFi" service in time. Thus, I couldn't get that "Yellow Forest" location which means I couldn't get the Pikachu that can fly or surf. What a waste for me. I was wondering if there's another way to get a Pikachu that can fly or surf? Will this event to obtain that location happen again and preferably soon?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I am kind of so disappointed at the moment. I finally got the game, but I couldn't get the "WiFi" service in time. Thus, I couldn't get that "Yellow Forest" location which means I couldn't get the Pikachu that can fly or surf. What a waste for me. I was wondering if there's another way to get a Pikachu that can fly or surf? Will this event to obtain that location happen again and preferably soon?

Well, you can download Winner's Path instead.
The Winner's Path event starts from......now, until near the end of June.

As for Yellow Forest, let's just hope they'll repeat the event :)

bobri28

Get your snacks
just wondering, if you restart your game and you have downloaded the YF event for the Pokewalker, will the YF still be there or will it dissapear?

Zigzagoon_Fan

Would this be a good team against the Elite 4? I've been delaying my challenge (well, I almost made it through the Victory Road....but I realized I didn't have something to beat my Rival, shut the game off and realized I hadn't saved before starting Victory Road....long story). Anyway, I did a LOT of training with my Typlosion and he is level 50 as of right now. I traded over a Sealeo and Seel from the D/P/PT games that are Level 45 (seel) and 47 (Sealeo) respectively (both have Ice attacks, one has Ice Beam and the other has Blizzard, I guess I could replace that with an Ice Beam TM that I transferred over, too). They don't have a lot of HP though (one is barely over 100). Then I have been training an Espeon and Umbreon (one is my Eevee from Soul Silver and one was an Eevee from Diamond I think it is) by re-challenging the Elite 4 a few times in Diamond. And Umbreon I had been able to use the EXP Share I had traded over to help that, especially in the Team Rocket headquarters (on Soul silver). Problem is, I don't have very good moves at the moment and am a long ways from decent moves for Espeon. Umbreon has Faint Attack and Pursuit, but its only level 37. Espeon is 45 and has Quick Attack, Confusion, Swift and Psybeam.

On a Facebook fan page for HG/SS I asked for good moves and one move suggested doesn't come until level 71 (Moonlight)! Psychic to be learned is like at 64 (there's no way I can train it that fast).

so, um, what else would you suggest I use? I can trade over a migrated Jolteon that's level 65 (its from a GBA game). My Ampharos is not high enough. And for Victory Road I need to use my Rock Slave so I can take 4 strong (or 5 If I must abandon my pidgeot) and a rock hm slave.

p.s. I want to teach Shadow Ball to Umbreon.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Zigzagoon Fan: About the problem with your Espeon; You said that it would take you too long to get Espeon Psychic, but since you can trade, why don't you trade over the TM Psychic? Espeon can learn it by level up and by TM.
Teaching Shadow Ball to your Umbreon should even be easier, because you get the TM from Morty.

Last edited:

Female Steelix

A Female Steelix
I tried trading over a Munchlax egg to one of the games but it keeps hatching as a Snorlax. Yes I did a Snorlax pair with the Lax item but it keeps turning out as a Snorlax. What the heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.