• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsandee

I'm at the 5th gym in Kanto now, but i have a lvl 26 Croconaw, lvl 26 Pidgeotto, lvl 24 Flaaffy, lvl 22 Zubat, lvl 14 Tokepi and lvl 18 Machop.
Can anyone help me where to get a new good pokemon for my team?

Chimecho3000

i tried that too but it doesn't work. He keeps saying something about the kimono girls.

You also have to grab the Kanto starter from Prof. Oak.

Rage Baron

Anime Disliker
Two questions:

Is it possible to get a Shiny from the PokeWalker?

When you go to Prof. Oak to get your starter, does it show whether a Pokemon is Shiny when you look at it?

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Two questions:

Is it possible to get a Shiny from the PokeWalker?

When you go to Prof. Oak to get your starter, does it show whether a Pokemon is Shiny when you look at it?

1. Yes, but you can't see if it's shiny in the Pokéwalker. You'll have to transfer it to your game.

2. No, this only works with the Johto Starters in HG/SS.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I'm at the 5th gym in Kanto now, but i have a lvl 26 Croconaw, lvl 26 Pidgeotto, lvl 24 Flaaffy, lvl 22 Zubat, lvl 14 Tokepi and lvl 18 Machop.
Can anyone help me where to get a new good pokemon for my team?

Kanto? You mean Johto, right?

bobri28

Get your snacks
i am starting to think about my competitive team and i was thinking snorlax for a wall. what do you think of this moveset?
Curse
Rest
Sleep Talk
earthquake/double edge/toxic/crunch

sorry if this in the wrong thread

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
I would want to do a ”Beatdown” team with a Lucario as my Ace. Do you know any suggestions as with which Pokémon I would team him with?

Also, which movesets, attached items, traits, EVs and natures is recommended for each members of my team? By the way, I want at least one Pokémon which have Surf as a move recommended in a moveset.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Do you need 8 badges to have your Lv100 Pokemon obay you in Wi-Fi battles?

GhostFan1

I have a question, in my file i haved 268 hours of gameplay, 302 Pokemons, my part lv 70+ (Froslass, Kingdra, Yanmega, Rampardos, and Thyplosion, i have a Jirachi from the event, the 2 Pichus, 7 chained Shinys from Pearl, (SHinx, Voltorb,Misdreavus, Duskull, SLakoth, Seviper, Bronzor), 39 Medalists Pokemons and 35 Thrphies on the Pokeathlon and then when i turned my game on, it said "This File will be erased due to corrupption or damage" and sends me to the start ='( what can i do? I will never see my Pokemons again??? ='(

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I have a question, in my file i haved 268 hours of gameplay, 302 Pokemons, my part lv 70+ (Froslass, Kingdra, Yanmega, Rampardos, and Thyplosion, i have a Jirachi from the event, the 2 Pichus, 7 chained Shinys from Pearl, (SHinx, Voltorb,Misdreavus, Duskull, SLakoth, Seviper, Bronzor), 39 Medalists Pokemons and 35 Thrphies on the Pokeathlon and then when i turned my game on, it said "This File will be erased due to corrupption or damage" and sends me to the start ='( what can i do? I will never see my Pokemons again??? ='(

Well the first thing to do would be to find out what caused that to happen. What was the last thing you did in the game? Did you turn it off while it was saving when you last played it? And did you drop the game/system lately?

That happened to my brother on Emerald. He turned the game off without saving, turned it back on, and his file was back. Try that. If it doesn't work, that really sucks. :( I'm sorry but if it's really gone, the best you can do is start a new game.

P.S. The game was on my shelf for a while, not in a game case. Hopefully that will help.

Hello, I've got a problem with the Unown.
I have managed to catch all 26 of them, solved all puzzles and entered the rooms behind them.
Then I went to the researcher, he sorted them alphabetically and added pages until I got 7.
Shouldn't I be getting 9? Also, when I reenter the Ruins of Alph, and 'talk' at the back, nothing happens. So, how do I get the ? and ! Unown?

GhostFan1

i dont remember if i turned off the DS while i was saving...Also ive never used a cheating device. aww =( Think I'll have to start again....Thanks Guys, for the help.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hello, I've got a problem with the Unown.
I have managed to catch all 26 of them, solved all puzzles and entered the rooms behind them.
Then I went to the researcher, he sorted them alphabetically and added pages until I got 7.
Shouldn't I be getting 9? Also, when I reenter the Ruins of Alph, and 'talk' at the back, nothing happens. So, how do I get the ? and ! Unown?

Well, have you drop down to the message rooms? Not just collect the items.
You indeed should be getting 7 btw....the last 2 pages are after the researcher comes into the ruins.

ParrotX

Loather
1. I've tried my hand in EV training last night. I EV trained a Crawdaunt to max attack, and its attack was boosted by 16 the next level up. Will it continue to give insane boosts like that, or is it a one-time boost?

2. I was EV training a Bagon last night also. It had a Power Item, plus the virus, so I gained 6 EV's for one Wooper. I had a Feebas with an Exp Share and a Pokerus taking in some EV's too. Does the Feebas get 6, 2, or 1 EV?

3. Also, once a Pokemon maxes out EV's, Power Items don't affect stat gains anymore? I want to know if I could just throw in a Lucky Egg to make 'em reach lvl 50 and still get the stat boosts.

P.S.: If there is actually an EV training help thread, please link it to me so I don't bother you guys anymore.

Last edited:

hitoshura0

I've tried my hand in EV training last night. I EV trained a Crawdaunt to max attack, and its attack was boosted by 16 the next level up. Will it continue to give insane boosts like that, or is it a one-time boost?

Also, once a Pokemon maxes out EV's, Power Items don't affect stat gains anymore? I want to know if I could just throw in a Lucky Egg to make 'em reach lvl 50.

You usually see the insane boost one time, then it kind of evens out. Expect to see some 5s and a lot of fours, though.

Yes, after you max out EVs, the EV raising items don't have any effect on your guy anymore, so feel free to throw a lucky egg on 'em.

ParrotX

Loather
Last EV question.

When I play flat level 50 with EV'd dudes in Battle Frontier or in wi-fi, EV values are retained, right? So I see that there's a payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.