• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minhimalism

gotcha! :D
That screen appears after the Lugia screen. The one where Lugia is swimming underwater and it says Soul Silver on the top screen.

Haha yeah I know what you guys are talking about, but it goes STRAIGHT to this screen. :/ It doesn't do anything but this ..
byebyetomato.png

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Haha yeah I know what you guys are talking about, but it goes STRAIGHT to this screen. :/ It doesn't do anything but this ..
byebyetomato.png

That's unfortunate. Is there any possibility that you could return it and get a different cartridge?

Faerie

MONS
issues with Claire

I've got a question. I've reached the Blackthorn gym, but my pokémon's levels are too low to be able to have a good chance of beating Claire. I could theoretically go down to route 45/Dark Cave and train until my hands bleed, but the pokémon there are at such low levels that it takes ages and ages to actually level up my team by battling them. I've already beaten all of Claire's gym trainers as well. Does anyone know where the best place is to train that's accessible before you get the 8th badge?

Hey,
I was wondering about two things... Firstly, can you really find heracross in the headbutt trees? I wanted to catch it, so I went to Blackthorn city. I began headbutting, but I only found spearows, even after an hour. Can you really find it, or is it really rare or smthg?
Secondly, in the safari zone, you need to wait a certain amount of days to find a specific pokemon. Let's say 20 days for Breloom. If I change the date of the DS'calender by 2' days, will it count as 20 real days?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
^ Out of ten headbutt's to tree's in azelea town (did i spell that right?) i got 3 heracross so there really not that rare and changing the ds clock won't work for anything much.
My question is i have both entei and raikou on 1 hp and sleeping i use fast ball's which should have a 4x chance of getting them right then why do i not even get ONE SHAKE after throwing fast ball's?

They have a high catch rate, it's just bad luck on your part. Try using Dusk Balls at night and see if that helps any.

Last edited:
^ Out of ten headbutt's to tree's in azelea town (did i spell that right?) i got 3 heracross so there really not that rare and changing the ds clock won't work for anything much.
My question is i have both entei and raikou on 1 hp and sleeping i use fast ball's which should have a 4x chance of getting them right then why do i not even get ONE SHAKE after throwing fast ball's?

Thanks for your help! I'll try right away.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I've got a question. I've reached the Blackthorn gym, but my pokémon's levels are too low to be able to have a good chance of beating Claire. I could theoretically go down to route 45/Dark Cave and train until my hands bleed, but the pokémon there are at such low levels that it takes ages and ages to actually level up my team by battling them. I've already beaten all of Claire's gym trainers as well. Does anyone know where the best place is to train that's accessible before you get the 8th badge?

1) Catch Lapras
2) Train Lapras (Once it gets Ice Beam is should be fine.)
3) Beat Claire
4)????
5) PROFIT!

kingqueen

Sexy King♥
Wondering how to catch riolu? I mean I've gotten the 10 forest and 14 peak and moved ds clock 70 days into the future and tried more than 70. I've been searching the meadow for hours and haven't even found him once? On serebii dex it says you interact?

Anyone help I really want a riolu.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Wondering how to catch riolu? I mean I've gotten the 10 forest and 14 peak and moved ds clock 70 days into the future and tried more than 70. I've been searching the meadow for hours and haven't even found him once? On serebii dex it says you interact?

Anyone help I really want a riolu.

Setting the clock ahead doesn't work for the Safari Zone. And some members have even said it resets all days back to 0. So I'd advise waiting rather than continuing to try and advance time.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
I think there's not :/ If you want Power, give a Pokémon an aprijuice made with 5 red apricorns D: Maybe Sunkern? Also, it would be easy if you try entering with a legendary Pokémon as they have better Pokeathlon stats without giving them aprijuice.

Thanks, I have been entering with Legendaries but none of mine have good Power stats.

kemal07

Help me please people :) ive searched but couldn't find answers.

I've been trying to have re-matches with normal trainers (not gym leaders). For example, it's tuesday daytime at my location so i've called Gentlemen Alfred whos the only trainer on my pokegear so far who has rematches at that time, but when i call him he just says the usual and went to the lighthouse and talked in person again...nothing.
Does this feature only activate after getting the national dex?

pkfan

loving the 3DS...
hello, I have a question... I know that when somebody defeats a legendary istead of capturing in these games you can go beat the elite 4 and it will reapear... will that work too for the soulsilver lugia? I want to capture it other day... and keep going on the game...

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I have Yellow Forest on HeartGold, and I want to share it with my SoulSilver through Mystery Gift. Is that even possible?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have a question about the Pokéwalker..
I know that the steps will reset after 24 hours, but it will appear in the total steps.
So my question is - for example we take a munchlax from winner's path.. U need 8000 steps for it if I'm correct, so do you have to make the 8000 steps within 24 hours so the steps dont go in total steps, or do the total steps count aswell by encountering such pokemon?

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
hello, I have a question... I know that when somebody defeats a legendary istead of capturing in these games you can go beat the elite 4 and it will reapear... will that work too for the soulsilver lugia? I want to capture it other day... and keep going on the game...

Yes, it works for the 3 dogs, Ho-Oh, Lugia and I'm not sure about the rest.

pokenoob

what happens to the pokedex if you get a hoenn or sinnoh pokemon from the pokewalker before you beat the e4?

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
^ I don't think its possible to find one before the E4, but if you did I'd imagine that it wouldn't come up on the Pokedex until it has been upgraded.

blckdemondrgn

lv 8 Shiny Hunter
Two questions:

1. When fainting entei/raikou and after beating the elite 4, is there a certain part where you can save and then soft reset to affect their ivs/natures? Or does is it influence as soon as you continue the game that you can only change by fainting/beating the elite 4 again? Want to soft reset for shiny of these mostly unless the best scenario is when you first encounter before the 4th gym them then you can soft reset as much as you want - easier than beating elite 4 each time.

2. Need confirmation: passing ivs through power items method does not work on a ditto if breeding with a genderless pokemon? Currently trying to breed a good porygon but ditto's sp. defense iv did not pass on to the egg (from power item, but porygon's did) but I successfully got both ivs passed down when breeding ditto with squirtle.

Thanks for any help.

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
Is a team formed of a Lucario, a Scizor, a Starmie, a Skarmory, a Luxray and a Dragonite efective?

Status
Not open for further replies.