• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

My starter was Cyndaquil, I've got all 16 badges and faced down Red. But I noticed that I only have a Dex entry for Chikorita from a trade, and no dex (not even seen!) for it's evolutions.

So where can I see Bayleaf and Maganium from an NPC trainer?

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Okay...
So, does anyone know how to predict what the swarm of the day will be? Because I really want a Swablu (a bird for my bird pokemon collection), and I want to know when the swarm of the day will be Swablu.

Well, you could try some RNG abuse. It's extremely complicated, though (I have yet to do it successfully). But that's a lot of work for such a small thing.

its actually done by a formula but i have yet to see someone produce it -_-

Behold, an RNG guide: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part1

WishforaMilotic

Shiny Hunter~♥
^ It doesn't add Meganium to your pokedex... and there has always been a multiplayer thing...

Chimecho3000

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I guess I will ask again.

If Baboa doesn't call you the day the upgrades should have happened, does he call you on a later day?

Also...

Is there anything that might help get him to call me?

DesertJohn

Shiny Hunter
Regarding celebii,

Back when HG/SS came out, I was told a celebii event will occour.
Now, HG/SS are soon coming off thier prime. Is it EVER going to happen ?

Same question goes for a Mew.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Regarding celebii,

Why would a Celebi event be released if Movie 13 hasn't been dubbed yet? They usually release big event Pokemon like this outside of Japan to promote the movies so don't expect Celebi to be released until there's an announcement of the 13th movie being released outside of Japan. Also, HG/SS aren't coming off their prime. They were just released 6 months ago in the U.S. and since Black and White aren't going to be released until next year in the U.S., there is still plenty of time for an event. Same goes for Mew.

Last edited:

Suwa-Chan

The Analylist

I'm aware of that one but we were talking about the swarms not how to catch perfect pokemon/shiny pokemon.
and plus, its for DPPt and doesn't work for HGSS (which is the games we are talking about)

Regarding celebii,

Well, it technically has come out already (just not in North America). and Mew hasnt been released as an event for a while (not counting 10th anniversary). korea got one in 2009 but Japan and Europe got their 3 years ago and North America got their 4 years ago.

Lorde

Well, it technically has come out already (just not in North America). and Mew hasnt been released as an event for a while (not counting 10th anniversary). korea got one in 2009 but Japan and Europe got their 3 years ago and North America got their 4 years ago.

I think he meant a Celebi event released outside of Japan. In which case, it has yet to happen but people want it so they can activate that event in HG/SS. As for Mew, I also think he was talking about the special GS Anniversary Mew that was given out in Japan for HG/SS last year. It's not like other Mew because it has the Premier Ribbon.

Besides, I don't think Mew activates any event in HG/SS unless I'm mistaken?

Last edited:

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
When you put your pokemon into the day care and walk and let your pokemon level up, your pokemon can learn new moves. Is there a way to choose what moves you want deleted while your pokemon are in the day care?

Lorde

When you put your pokemon into the day care and walk and let your pokemon level up, your pokemon can learn new moves. Is there a way to choose what moves you want deleted while your pokemon are in the day care?

You can always place the moves you want deleted, in the first top slots of their moves list. Since moves get deleted from top to bottom in the Day Care, this is a good way to keep the good moves from being deleted while all other moves get deleted instead.

Last edited:

Quagsire1

Quagsire Fan
I have the Japanese version of Heartgold and I just received the Manaphy from the current Japanese event. However, I don't see it in my party nor in my PC. When I go to Mystery Gift, there's an option that lets me view a card about Manaphy, but it doesn't appear as if the Manaphy has any other purpose. Is there a way to get the Manaphy actually in my game?

Blazios

I have the Japanese version of Heartgold and I just received the Manaphy from the current Japanese event. However, I don't see it in my party nor in my PC. When I go to Mystery Gift, there's an option that lets me view a card about Manaphy, but it doesn't appear as if the Manaphy has any other purpose. Is there a way to get the Manaphy actually in my game?

Green man in the Poké Mart. Talk to him with a spare slot in your party.

SBM

can anyone tell me the order of the answers of the elders quiz in dragons den for an extremespeed dratini?
EG: for question 1 use top answer etc.

cheers

AmericanPi

Write on
Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 :
It's pretty much random, If I'm not mistaken. You can just set your DS clock to 23:59 and wait until it "hits midnight" to get another, quicker attempt for the swarm Pokemon you want. But some people consider that cheating, but it's the only way I know of to get around the ridiculous waits for just one swarm Pokemon.

Oh, okay. I kinda think that's cheating, so I'll just have to wait for a Swablu swarm. I waited for a Wingull swarm without many complaints, so I guess it won't be too hard...

Lorde

can anyone tell me the order of the answers of the elders quiz in dragons den for an extremespeed dratini?
EG: for question 1 use top answer etc.

cheers

First (top)
First (top)
Third (bottom)
First (top)
Second (middle)

Rsr57

Hi. I have a problem with the GTS. I hope it is easy to understand.

I have a Shaymin in my Pokemon pearl and i want to transfer it via GTS to my SS game. It doesn´t have any ribbons/items.

1. When i ask for a shaymin SS to trade the Pearl one, i have the next problem:
I look the SS offered Pokemon in the Pearl GTS and when i select my Shaymin, a text with something like: You can´t trade that Pokemon! or something like that.

2. Then, i tried the opposite: Offer the shaymin in Pearl to receive it in my SS game. I put shaymin in offer(i could do it), but when i looked for that shaymin in the SS GTS it doesn´t even appear(i put the country and level in the search and nothing). I see that others Shaymin appear.

I had traded a lot of Pokemon via GTS between my games and i never had any problems. I only have problems with Shaymin.

Can anyone tell me which is the problem? Thanks.

Vagabond

Beginning Trainer
Hi. I have a problem with the GTS. I hope it is easy to understand.

I have a Shaymin in my Pokemon pearl and i want to transfer it via GTS to my SS game. It doesn´t have any ribbons/items.

1. When i ask for a shaymin SS to trade the Pearl one, i have the next problem:
I look the SS offered Pokemon in the Pearl GTS and when i select my Shaymin, a text with something like: You can´t trade that Pokemon! or something like that.

2. Then, i tried the opposite: Offer the shaymin in Pearl to receive it in my SS game. I put shaymin in offer(i could do it), but when i looked for that shaymin in the SS GTS it doesn´t even appear(i put the country and level in the search and nothing). I see that others Shaymin appear.

I had traded a lot of Pokemon via GTS between my games and i never had any problems. I only have problems with Shaymin.

Can anyone tell me which is the problem? Thanks.

Either your Shaymin has pokerus and needs it cured, or GTS detected your Shaymin as hacked. Or for some reason it's a 'fateful encounter' Shaymin but doesn't have the ribbon that goes along with it (which is another way of saying it's hacked).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.