• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

projectaumaan

Is it necessary to EV train and get the right natures to be successful in the Battle Frontier?

Every little bit helps. The boosts from EV Training and a good Nature are very helpful.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Wild Lanturn, Chinchou and Relicanth have the Deep Sea Scale, and wild Sharpedo and Carvanha can hold the Deep Sea Tooth. I'd recommend having a Compoundeyes Pokémon to lead with as they increase the chances of wild Pokémon having items, then switch in to an itemless Pokémon that knows Covet, so if it does have the item you can take it.

Or, if you don't want to do that, check out Route 20, there are one of each item there. You'll have to use the Itemfinder though.

Chimecho3000

Wild Lanturn, Chinchou and Relicanth have the Deep Sea Scale, and wild Sharpedo and Carvanha can hold the Deep Sea Tooth. I'd recommend having a Compoundeyes Pokémon to lead with as they increase the chances of wild Pokémon having items, then switch in to an itemless Pokémon that knows Covet, so if it does have the item you can take it.

Or, if you don't want to do that, check out Route 20, there are one of each item there. You'll have to use the Itemfinder though.

Although that DeepSeaTooth you find on Route 20 is the only one you'll get unless you trade cause Carvanha line can't be found in the wild.

Kreis

Still Dirrty

Suwa-Chan

The Analylist
Although that DeepSeaTooth you find on Route 20 is the only one you'll get unless you trade cause Carvanha line can't be found in the wild.

both the Deepseatooth and the deepseascale can be found on route 20. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Route_20
the whole thing about Carvanha holding the deepseatooth is only for DPPt. the deepseascale can stile be found with chinchou/lanturn/relicanth

Ok, so I know its a stupid question, but what are IV's and EV's? All I know is that they stand for Indivisual and Effort values.

EVs, or Effort Values, mean exactly what they say. Every time a pokemon kills something, it gets a certain number of EVs. for example, if a pokemon were to kill a magikarp, it gets 1 EV point in speed. then for every 4 points, that pokemon gets an extra point in that stats but can only obtain a maximum of 252 points in a particular stats and a maximum of 510 points overall.
IVs are a set number of points that a pokemon receives upon "birth." to make it clear what IVs do, lets say you had a pokemon with stats:
300/200/200/200/200/200 and IVs of zero in HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe respectively (totally made up stats btw but made for demostative perposes)
if it then had max IVs in all stats, 31, its stats would then be 331/231/231/231/231/231.

hope that clears things and i hope i didnt miss anything/say something wrong.

Is it possible to get irl event Pokémon downloaded from an American store onto a Japanese game? Or will it only download to a game cartridge of the same region?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Is it possible to get irl event Pokémon downloaded from an American store onto a Japanese game? Or will it only download to a game cartridge of the same region?

It would only download to a cartridge from the same region, i.e. Japanese HG/SS events only download to Japanese HG/SS carts and so on.

bluesonic1

Bird, Wolf, Dragon~
Hi, I have a question regarding the pokewalker. I found a pokewalker the other day with a pokemon on it (and after much story later), and I want to transfer it to my game. I can receive gifts from it onto my game but I can't send back the pokemon.
I searched up if it's possible to sync multiple walkers to one game and got the following extract from Bulbapedia:
Multiple Pokéwalkers

It is possible to use one game cartridge for multiple Pokéwalkers, however only one Pokémon is allowed to stroll at one time.

* At the Pokéwalker connection screen Press and hold Down, X, and L .

WARNING : Resetting a Pokéwalker may also reset collected watts to zero on the game cartridge used to reset the Pokéwalker. When resetting a Pokéwalker, it is suggested that it is done with a game cartridge that has few or no watts.

* After the "Caution!" message, say "Yes" and connect the additional Pokéwalker (Not the original Pokéwalker previously registered with the game), this will reset and register the new Pokéwalker with the game and reset current walk and step counters in-game temporarily.
* Send over a Pokémon to the new Pokéwalker and return from stroll.

Either Pokéwalkers can now sync with the game and when the original Pokéwalker is connected for a stroll, the step count and original watt count should be restored. To have a Pokémon on the extra Pokéwalkers, a wild Pokémon from the selected walking route simply needs to "befriend" or join in the walk, this Pokémon and any other additional ones caught can return to the game normally. It is not possible to change routes on any additional Pokéwalker when a Pokémon is currently out on a stroll. The Pokémon that needs to be returned should appear on the top screen. To change routes, all Pokémon need to be returned into the game and then sent back out into either Pokéwalkers with the desired route and returned back into the game.

So, my question is, if I follow this method, will this be able to safely transfer the pokemon to my game or will it be lost during a reset? If it will be lost, is there anything I can do to retrieve the pokemon out of it?
Big thanks in advance =)

r30

Can Defense Curl's 2x damaged bonus to Rollout be passed on with Baton Pass? Obviously its stat increase in defense bonus would be, but what about the damage bonus? Thank in advance; I haven't been able to find an answer for this anywhere.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So, my question is, if I follow this method, will this be able to safely transfer the pokemon to my game or will it be lost during a reset? If it will be lost, is there anything I can do to retrieve the pokemon out of it?
Big thanks in advance =)

When you reset a PokeWalker everything goes back to default, otherwise it wouldn't be resetting. There's no way to get back something that no longer exists.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Can anyone give me the exact location of the Wise Glasses? I followed what it said on main site and looked around Pewter City, but I can't find there.

Mr Chili

In the trade market
Does anyone know what level a pokemon has to be on to accurately tell what its IVs are?

amyvolturi

Master ball anyone? :C

Can someone trade me a master ball please? I was dumb and used mine on Raikou.... -_-' and anyways now I can't catch lugia. x_x' Can anyone help me?

Team:;018;;130;;118;;172;;156;;243;

projectaumaan

Does anyone know what level a pokemon has to be on to accurately tell what its IVs are?

For best results, there should be no EVs on the Pokémon. You need a range of levels for the best IV determination. I recommend (if hatched) Lv1 and Lv100, which is what I use. If caught, whatever level you caught it at and Lv100. You need to do a WFC Battle to check @Lv100.

Can someone trade me a master ball please? I was dumb and used mine on Raikou.... -_-' and anyways now I can't catch lugia. x_x' Can anyone help me?

Team:;018;;130;;118;;172;;156;;243;
This is not the place for trades. There's a plainly marked Trade Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.