• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
How do you obtain the Gift Dratini in the Dragon's Den? And is it the Dratini that knows Extremespeed?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How do you obtain the Gift Dratini in the Dragon's Den? And is it the Dratini that knows Extremespeed?

You answer the Dragon's Den Elder's questions and if you answer them in a certain order, he'll give you an Extremespeed Dratini. To get the Extremespeed Dratini, answer the questions in this order:

First
First
Third
First
Second

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
You answer the Dragon's Den Elder's questions and if you answer them in a certain order, he'll give you an Extremespeed Dratini. To get the Extremespeed Dratini, answer the questions in this order:

First
First
Third
First
Second

Thanks.

But he only questions you once, right? Just after you've beaten Claire? If that's the case, can I get him to ask the questions again if I didn't answer them like that in the first place? All he is talking about right now is Lugia and the Silver Wing.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks.

But he only questions you once, right? Just after you've beaten Claire? If that's the case, can I get him to ask the questions again if I didn't answer them like that in the first place? All he is talking about right now is Lugia and the Silver Wing.

No you can't he only asks you once. If you didn't save before answering you're out of luck.

GhostTypeBuster

Rocket Defector
It says in the Prima guide that a Fire-type cannot get the shiny leaf on route 33 (presumably because it's raining). On Bulbagarden, no mention of this restriction is made. If there a way to get around this, or is my Modest Cyndaquil just never going to get a Shiny Leaf Crown?

Aquarelle

Staff member
It says in the Prima guide that a Fire-type cannot get the shiny leaf on route 33 (presumably because it's raining). On Bulbagarden, no mention of this restriction is made. If there a way to get around this, or is my Modest Cyndaquil just never going to get a Shiny Leaf Crown?

I'm not sure if that's true or not, but if it is, there is a way around it. Modest natured Pokemon can also find leaves on Routes 7, 8, 13, 14, 36, and 45. You only need five leaves to get the crown, so you can easily get it without having to go to Route 33.

GhostTypeBuster

Rocket Defector
I'm not sure if that's true or not, but if it is, there is a way around it. Modest natured Pokemon can also find leaves on Routes 7, 8, 13, 14, 36, and 45. You only need five leaves to get the crown, so you can easily get it without having to go to Route 33.
According to the Bulbagarden page, Routes 8, 13, and 14 all give the same leaf, that makes only four my Modest Fire-type can acquire. Will the game make an exception for Modest Fire-types and let it get a Shiny Leaf from Route 8, 13, or 14 instead of 33?
EDIT: Unrelated, but is there any way to get the Enigma Crystal if I missed the event? Because I did....

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Well, boo.
Back to the first question, can anyone confirm that a modest fire type can or cannot get a shiny leaf on 33?

I'm pretty sure they can. Right here, someone says they managed to get a leaf on Route 33 with their Modest Quilava. So I'm sure your Cyndaquil could get one there too (and it wouldn't be fair if it couldn't get a fifth leaf).

GhostTypeBuster

Rocket Defector
Oh, happy day!
EDIT: In the talk, they mention there being TWO official guides. I thought Nintendo didn't make official guides anymore, and left it to Prima. Is that not the case?

Last edited:

dragon user

When you hatch a pokemon egg will the hatched sprite be shiny or do you have to check the sumary?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
When you hatch a pokemon egg will the hatched sprite be shiny or do you have to check the sumary?

The sprite will appear Shiny when the Pokemon hatches, so you won't have to check the summary in order to know whether it's Shiny or not.

dragon user

Ok thanks for that

kadabrafreak890

2nd Gen Lover
Is anyone else having trouble logging onto the GTS right now? Mine is finding the signal, but it's taking forever to connect then gives me a message that says: "An error occurred while attempting to communicate. Please turn off the power, restart this DS system, and try again."
Yeah, help.

kadabrafreak890

2nd Gen Lover
And on an unrelated note: What are all the things you can receive from Buena's Password challenge and how many points do you need for each?

Status
Not open for further replies.