• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mera

The high point low chance ones many times I've tried that in the voltorb gameand they'd end up having a voltorb exactly there. That just stinks.

ebevan91

Anyone know a good place to train my Sunflora and Rhyhorn before taking on Clair? I want to get both up to about Lvl 40.

I'm gonna try to trade over a Lucky Egg from other games as well.

You should do trainer rematches. Rematch fishermen for Sunflora and find a trainer to keep re-battling with Rhyhorn.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
You need to get the radio card in order for the radio to work in Kanto

^And you need to read the rules because you clearly don't know about double posting.

SniperHero915

After some more team evaluation, I've come up with this.

Typhlosion Lvl 48+
Dragonite Lvl 50+
Electavire Lvl 45+
Gengar Lvl 45+

Now I'm having trouble deciding between:
Lapras
Tyranitar
and
Heracross

Any help?

Cutty

Forever now
I'd say go for Lapras. Water type is always helpful.
But any choice won't really matter as your current team is already solid.
Just go for your favorite.

ebevan91

Lapras is definitely good, lots of HP and has water and ice STAB (perfect for Surf/Ice Beam).

Heracross is good as well, it can beat Will and Karen by itself. Maybe even Bruno if you teach it Aerial Ace.

I never bothered with Tyranitar because of the high level of evolution.

SniperHero915

Thanks. Decided to go for Lapras and Heracross because I've already got 1 psuedo legend on my team (Dragonite)

EDIT: Finally got Heracross, took me 25 minutes of my life I'll never get back *groan*
Anyways, where should I train my Heracross? It's only Lvl 4 and I'm already up to the last gym :/ And, where can I get Elekid in D/P/Pt?
Kthx.

EDIT 2: When I sail last gym, I meant Clair. That could've been confusing >_<

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

I see, but how can you possibly know where everything is? Is there a system to it?
There are times when things are easily apparent. Like if 5 point, 1 voltorb row (a 5-1 row, as I say) intersects a 3-4 row, you know that there must be a voltorb at the intersection, since a 5-1 row can't have a 3 in it.

I can't say there's really a system to it though. The most important thing, I think, is to mark the squares with the memo. With them marked, sometimes things will stick out, like the intersection mentioned above. If there's nothing apparent, you just have to guess sometimes, unfortunately.
The high point low chance ones many times I've tried that in the voltorb gameand they'd end up having a voltorb exactly there. That just stinks.
Yes. That happened the first few times I got to level 8. It's like 'alright, finally made it...X('

SniperHero915

Well, crap.

I now have an empty spot on my team because I can't get an Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire.
"BUT SNIPER JUST USE THE POOKEYWALKER"
Well, I tried that, and all I GOT WERE MAGNEMITES
"DEN JUST USE THE BLAWK TENCHNEEQ FOR ELECTABUZZ"
You get the blocks post-e4 so unless I am wiling to wait for Electabuzz (which I'm not) Electabuzz will be a miss.

So, now I have an empty spot on my team. Here are some poke's I'm considering:

Tyranitar
Ampharos
Houndoom
Gliscor
But, yeah, care to help out a fellow Pokenerd?

Sniper out.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Well, crap.

I now have an empty spot on my team because I can't get an Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire.
"BUT SNIPER JUST USE THE POOKEYWALKER"
Well, I tried that, and all I GOT WERE MAGNEMITES
"DEN JUST USE THE BLAWK TENCHNEEQ FOR ELECTABUZZ"
You get the blocks post-e4 so unless I am wiling to wait for Electabuzz (which I'm not) Electabuzz will be a miss.

So, now I have an empty spot on my team. Here are some poke's I'm considering:

Tyranitar
Ampharos
Houndoom
Gliscor
But, yeah, care to help out a fellow Pokenerd?

Sniper out.

Poliwrath, always a good pokemon and it's water/fighting type makes it perfect for Lance. :)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Poliwrath, always a good pokemon and it's water/fighting type makes it perfect for Lance. :)

Water/Fighting isn't that useful against Lance, the Water part is okay for Charizard and Aerodactyl but that's it and the FIghting part just gives it a weakness to every one of his Pokemon. Lapras is a much better choice.

SniperHero915

Not being mean, but if you read my above post you'd see that lapras was already on my team

Dangertrout

Not being mean, but if you read my above post you'd see that lapras was already on my team

1: I don't think Hydrohs was even talking to you, he was just pointing out why Poliwrath wasn't great against Lance.
2: There is a subforum for in-game team rates if you want more detailed help with your team (including move sets), found here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?144-In-Game-Team-Rate
3: A psychic type might be a good idea, since iirc the E4 has a poison trainer and a fighting trainer. Abra is fairly easy to get, or you could breed bills eevee and make an espeon. (or just evolve his into espeon if it's still in it's original form)

Cutty

Forever now
I'd go for Kingdra, Slowking or Gengar.
Ghost is more useful than Psychic.

SniperHero915

Is there any pokemon that has a type of electric/psychic?

Cutty

Forever now
No.
Alakazam can learn thunderbolt if Im not mistaken. Edit: no, it cannot. But other electric move.
Psy/ice-Jynx n electric/water-Lanturn another options.
Or Mamoswine.

Lance is the most difficult one cuz of dragonites.
Psy n elec won't that much helpful except for Gyarados.

Last edited:

SniperHero915

I'm thinking I might just get an ampharos or Mr Mime. Opinions?

Cutty

Forever now

Mr Mime can learn psychic n thunderbolt. I'd choose it.

But I'd rather go for Starmie.

Status
Not open for further replies.