• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDanger

Draco Trainer
Well I just got Pokerus from a Japanese sandshrew I got from over GTS, and my first reaction was that it would be pretty good. But now it's spread to my main team and won't cure (i've waited for about 3 days btw). While it is useful, I don't really want every single pokemonI put in my party POKErus'd. Has anyone else had this bug, or know how to fix it?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well I just got Pokerus from a Japanese sandshrew I got from over GTS, and my first reaction was that it would be pretty good. But now it's spread to my main team and won't cure (i've waited for about 3 days btw). While it is useful, I don't really want every single pokemonI put in my party POKErus'd. Has anyone else had this bug, or know how to fix it?

Have you been changing the time at all? Besides which, there's zero downside to having the PokeRus so I'm not sure why you'd really want it to stop spreading.

RangerDanger

Draco Trainer
I did change the time once, because I read that Pokerus went away at midnight,so I tried changing the time to 11:50 but it didn't cure when 12 hit. Besides that, nothing. Also about it spreading, It's just I don't want all kinds of random pokemon infected, considering I switch my party around a lot.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I did change the time once, because I read that Pokerus went away at midnight,so I tried changing the time to 11:50 but it didn't cure when 12 hit. Besides that, nothing. Also about it spreading, It's just I don't want all kinds of random pokemon infected, considering I switch my party around a lot.

Well regardless, changing the time may have screwed it up. Make sure you save after changing the time, then wait 24 hours and time-based events should start functioning normally again.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Question...In SoulSIlver Gen 4, I have two aipom, male and female with pickup ability, in daycare. Is there an easy way to pass on pickup ability? Also, if I save before picking up the egg, the ability can change right, because I've been doing that and seeing characteristic and stats change, but just keep hatching run away relaxed male aipom.

Also, just noticed that the third slot (right above the egg's slot) and the fourth slot (slot before the egg's slot) are both relaxed natures, is that making it hatch as relaxed? Neither of it's parents have relaxed as their nature and it keeps hatching relaxed but with characteristics changing. @.@

I don't mind the nature, I just want it to hatch with pickup instead of run away all the time.

Also this is my first egg I'm obtaining from the daycare in SS. I called ahead, he said there was an egg, I save before obtaining egg, and keep reseting until it hatches with pickup, but while characteristics and stats change, it alwys remained relaxed male with run away T-T

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Question...In SoulSIlver Gen 4, I have two aipom, male and female with pickup ability, in daycare. Is there an easy way to pass on pickup ability? Also, if I save before picking up the egg, the ability can change right, because I've been doing that and seeing characteristic and stats change, but just keep hatching run away relaxed male aipom.

Also, just noticed that the third slot (right above the egg's slot) and the fourth slot (slot before the egg's slot) are both relaxed natures, is that making it hatch as relaxed? Neither of it's parents have relaxed as their nature and it keeps hatching relaxed but with characteristics changing. @.@

I don't mind the nature, I just want it to hatch with pickup instead of run away all the time.

Also this is my first egg I'm obtaining from the daycare in SS. I called ahead, he said there was an egg, I save before obtaining egg, and keep reseting until it hatches with pickup, but while characteristics and stats change, it alwys remained relaxed male with run away T-T

I might be wrong about this, but in Gen IV, I believe that Nature, Ability, and shininess are determined when the Old Man calls you. If you want a Pickup Aipom, you're going to have to collect eggs and hatch all of them until you get what you want.

There is no easy way to guarantee the passing on of ability in Gen IV. You have a 50% chance of getting each ability. If you want to pass on Nature, then give the parent with the desired Nature an Everstone.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks for help

EDIT: Also, are there rebattling trainers? Diamond and Pearl had the vs seeker, but that's not in HG/SS right? So where can one rebattle trainers for exp?

Last edited:

golcarjack

Scizor master
Since I chose totodile, my rival got chikorita. How am I supposed to see or catch anything from the cyndaquil line? I would trade for it but I cannot since I have not seen it. Help?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Thanks for help

EDIT: Also, are there rebattling trainers? Diamond and Pearl had the vs seeker, but that's not in HG/SS right? So where can one rebattle trainers for exp?

To rebattle trainers, you have to get their PokeGear number and call them. Certain trainers will battle you on certain days. You can find the comprehensive list here.

Since I chose totodile, my rival got chikorita. How am I supposed to see or catch anything from the cyndaquil line? I would trade for it but I cannot since I have not seen it. Help?

You can't see anything from the Cyndaquil line in-game. You will need to organize a trade with someone online. Plenty of people on SPPf will be willing to trade with you!

golcarjack

Scizor master
To rebattle trainers, you have to get their PokeGear number and call them. Certain trainers will battle you on certain days. You can find the comprehensive list here.

You can't see anything from the Cyndaquil line in-game. You will need to organize a trade with someone online. Plenty of people on SPPf will be willing to trade with you!

Thanks.
So I just find someone to trade with?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Thanks.
So I just find someone to trade with?

Yes - either look at people's signatures (like mine) or visit the Trade Forums. I personally think that the best place to find trades is at the Trade Shops, or through signatures. I would trade you a Cyndaquil, but I only deal in Gen V. :(

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks again for the help

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm currently playing HeartGold on a 3DS and I can't seem to connect to Wi-Fi while it's no problem at all on White.
Anyone suggestions?

Check your internet Settings, the 3DS and DSi console lines can support most Router and the WPA Security features that are usually enabled as Default, however only Certain DS games can only use this funtion, 5th Gen Pokémon game are four of the few that do support this ability. HG does not. This page usually has more info, and is proberbly better suited for this question as it affects many DS games: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?364284-Getting-Your-Wii-or-DS-Online

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
will any more events come out for black and white 2 (you know what with the upcoming release of X and Y and all)

This is the HeartGold/SoulSilver thread. Black2/White2 questions are asked on the Black2 & White2 Help Thread. But to answer your question, there is honestly no way of knowing unless you work for Game Freak. Usually, Nintendo stops releasing events for a previous gen once the next gen comes out, but it's always possible that they will release something for B2/W2 and XY, or that when XY is young, they'll release some things for B2W2 before everyone has XY. You just never know. But if I had to hazard a guess, I would say that it's most likely that once October 12 comes around, you'll be seeing events for XY and not for B2W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.