• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cometbomb

Does anyone have any tips for catching enti? It's the last roaming legendary I need, and the others didn't give me that much trouble, but enti really is. I have it's hp down as low as it will go without fainting, but every time I encounter it, it escapes from the ball and flees. I've been trying ultra balls but those aren't working. What ball did you guys catch it with?

Dresden

Pokémon Master
In my experience the best ball outside the Master Ball would have to be Dusk Balls, having a 3.5x catch rate multiplier if used at night or in a cave. Compare this to only 2x on an Ultra Ball. For stuff that's in a cave like Lugia, Articuno, Mewtwo, this is fantastic because you can use these anytime. For the wanderers, just wait until night (8pm-4am I believe) and then use whatever method you've got to find the wanderer and then have at it.

Keep in mind they'll still be hard to catch, as all of these legendaries have a catch rate of 3 (max is 255). That 3.5 multiplier only brings it up to 10-11. Still, you may get lucky - I got my Articuno in 3 tries with Dusk Balls. YMMV.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
I wondered that how do I make Entei and Raikou appear as Roaming again for the second time since I tried to capture them (I did defeat Lance only once and then, defeated Red, but I haven't seen them appear on the map) and but, I accidentally KOed them, but I just got a Pokemon that blocks Pokemon escaping and have False Swip.

And plus, if the game that have a playtime that is over 100:00, does that automatically deletes the game or does it keep the file?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I wondered that how do I make Entei and Raikou appear as Roaming again for the second time since I tried to capture them (I did defeat Lance only once and then, defeated Red, but I haven't seen them appear on the map) and but, I accidentally KOed them, but I just got a Pokemon that blocks Pokemon escaping and have False Swip.

And plus, if the game that have a playtime that is over 100:00, does that automatically deletes the game or does it keep the file?

Just go to the Burned Tower again and set them loose. The game will count playtime up to 999:59, it's completely meaningless and has no affect on your game.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
Just go to the Burned Tower again and set them loose. The game will count playtime up to 999:59, it's completely meaningless and has no affect on your game.

Alright, I just managed to capture Entei and Raikou, but I went to the Burn Tower again and I don't see them there, but I managed to defeat the Elite Four again and I just saw that they showed up on the map again.

And plus, I was going to plan on capturing Latias in HeartGold and I did exactly what the instructions on the Legendary page said and I don't see Steven Stone showing up after I exited the Pokémon Fan Club in Vermillion City and already obtained the National Pokédex, is there something else other than getting the National Pokédex and exiting the Pokémon Fan Club in order to trigger Steven to show up and have Latias roamed in Kanto?

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
And plus, I was going to plan on capturing Latias in HeartGold and I did exactly what the instructions on the Legendary page said and I don't see Steven Stone showing up after I exited the Pokémon Fan Club in Vermillion City and already obtained the National Pokédex?

You got the doll, right?

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
You got the doll, right?

Which Doll is it? The Pokedoll, the Clefairy doll from the table in the Pokemon Fan Club (I pretty sure its one of the other Pokedolls), or a different doll that might trigger Steven to appear when I exited the Pokemon Fan Club House?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Which Doll is it? Pokedoll, the Clefairy doll from the table in the Pokemon Fan Club (I pretty sure its one of the other Pokedolls), or a different doll that might trigger Steven to appear when I exited the Pokemon Fan Club House?

The Lost Item that you're supposed to retrieve from the Pokémon Fan Club.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
The Lost Item that you're supposed to retrieve from the Pokémon Fan Club.

Ok, thanks, I just found the girl named Copycat when I was looking around in Kanto for the Doll triggering for having Latias roamed in Kanto and I managed to get Steven to appeared outside and I got Latias captured. And I haved gave her doll back safe and sound.

kamilan

Alright I need help with making my team this is what Im thinking so far ;
Feraligator
Gengar
Joleton
Dragonite
Tyranitar
???????
I don't know who else I should put please help me and sorry for my spelling :)

jellywolffy

<Hunting
A question about poke walker, to unlock a new course, I know I need a number of points. But is those points accumulative or do I have to have enough points each time?
Like I now got 28000 pts, but only unlocked until city outskirt

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Question regarding ds wifi shutting down.

With Battle Frontier, can you do multiplayer via wireless, or is it only through wifi?

Also, is there wireless for egg scramble trading (I know this first appeared in Plat, don't know if it was in other games; each trainer puts up an egg and it's random what egg each trainer gets back) and those plazas where there are those statues of starters depending on what type (water, grass, fire) you choose?

Also, what is the wiiware for Mystery Dungeon?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Question regarding ds wifi shutting down.

With Battle Frontier, can you do multiplayer via wireless, or is it only through wifi?

Also, is there wireless for egg scramble trading (I know this first appeared in Plat, don't know if it was in other games; each trainer puts up an egg and it's random what egg each trainer gets back) and those plazas where there are those statues of starters depending on what type (water, grass, fire) you choose?

Also, what is the wiiware for Mystery Dungeon?
The Wifi Tower will unable be updated as Wifi will not be available, this is the ONLY part of the Battle Frontier that will be lost without wifi. You can challenge every other Co-op Battle Frontier facility with another Local player.

Egg scramble trading is in HGSS, and is local wireless only.

The Wifi Plaza is chosen at random, there is are also Electric and Mew Rooms, in addition to the Fire, Water and Grass. I personally have seen them all on one game.

WiiWare Mystery Dungeon is a Japanese-only download title, for the Wii, and should also be purchased for the Wii U.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks.

Oh, the plazas are strictly for wifi? There's no wireless versions?

And Egg scramble in any game (it was also in Platinum) it's in is a wireless thing. That's good to know.

bushie

I'd go with a fire poke vulpix or growlithe

matthijs

Beginning Trainer
I have 2 DS's: a DSL and a classic DS. The date settings on both DS's are not the same.

Normally I play HG on the DSL, but if I put the cartridge in my classic DS, will it mess up the day count (multiplier factor) for the Safari Zone?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have 2 DS's: a DSL and a classic DS. The date settings on both DS's are not the same.

Normally I play HG on the DSL, but if I put the cartridge in my classic DS, will it mess up the day count (multiplier factor) for the Safari Zone?

Swapping DSes will Mess up the Day out and most other Time related events.

Null&VoidXIII

Shiny Hunter
I'm new here but I have a question that I hope will be answered soon. Ok so I found both my HG and diamond games and decided to restart diamond. I then decided to hatch eggs for my game but! in the process I hatched a shiny porygon with a lonely nature with download as it's ability. I checked it's iv's and it has max hp,atk, and spA while the rest are above average based on what the guy said. I want to know If I should keep it and what can I use it for? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Status
Not open for further replies.