• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 11515

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

Remaking.

Rules.
  • Only shiny discussion allowed.
  • Make each post at least 4 sentences.
  • If you need help or something, use the help thread D:<

Failure to comply with the rules will result in a warning.

hornsfan1

Blaziken Breeder
Alright I'll be happy to start off the new thread then!

Running through Kanto heading up to Brock, I decided to go through Veridian forrest to pick up any stray trainers I might have missed and to try my hand at catching a Pikachu for Lt. Surge. Right after I got lucky and found my Pikachu, I get caught in a battle on my way out towards Pewter city. As I lazily look down I notice a shiny Metapod is staring right back at me!!! I've previously caught many soft resetted legends/starters and chained Pokemon, but never have I seen a RE in the grass normally since a shiny Rhyhorn escaped from me in the Safari Zone in ruby.

I don't have access to a camera yet, but I'll be sure to post its picture as soon as I get home later tonight.

Unfortuantly has an adamant nature, but beggars can't be choosers!!! :)

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
That's fantastic, hornsfan. : D Got any photos of the critter?

I've passed 1300 Soft Resets towards Groudon on SoulSilver. I keep seeing lime Groudons every time I SR! xD In a way I think it'll show up before 4000 SRs, but another part of me says this is going to be a long hunt. x__x

M0TTO

Shiny Hunter
I've passed 1300 Soft Resets towards Groudon on SoulSilver. I keep seeing lime Groudons every time I SR! xD In a way I think it'll show up before 4000 SRs, but another part of me says this is going to be a long hunt. x__x

Your luck can't get any worse than mine. I've been SRing for shiny Suicune for the past 4 days without any luck. :(

Ok since it didn't post this last time I tried, I'll try it again, while I was training my Pidgeotto the other day on route 48, a shiny Tauros (5th shiny I've seen and caught, 1st R.E since Magikarp at Platinum's resort area) decides to reveal itself to me, since I was afraid of koing it with a tougher attack, I used quick attack to weaken it and swapped in Flaaffy for t-wave. I start hurling great balls 'cause I was too noob for ultra balls at the time (5 badges), and after it uses rest and falls asleep, it gets caught on the 3rd great ball. It's hardy and has anger point, and the ivs are 17/7/22/27/27/2, they're great except for the atroucious speed and attack ivs. I can't find any reason to train it right now because I'm in kanto now, so Bullrush (what his nickname is) is sitting tight in my pc for now.

In other news, I migrated a bold synching Abra over for when I decide to start Sring for shiny Suicune

Jackaraia

My friend said he had started breeding his Cyndaquil with a ditto he got that is a different nationality. I asked him if I could get his eggs if I gave him my Totodile. He gave me a total of 14 eggs today. I spent most of my day running back and forth between New Bark Town and Route 29 with a Magmar on loan with him. Hatched a female shiny cyndaquil with a hardy nature.

I can now continue onto goldenrod city and not spend my time cursing the luck gods about not getting a shiny on my next sr.

TSL

Mischievous.
Before the other thread got nerfed, I posted in it saying I randomly got a shiny Ponyta (my first random encounter of 4th gen). This is my second shiny of the Ponyta family, and oddly enough, shiny Ponyta was also my first 3rd gen random encounter shiny. Certainly gives me a bit of hope in my upcoming SR campaign for Suicune that I'll be doing during school. Here's ponyta:
DSC03576.jpg

Last edited:

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Your luck can't get any worse than mine. I've been SRing for shiny Suicune for the past 4 days without any luck. :(
Oh man, that's nothing at all. I spent a month SRing for my shiny Cyndaquil, and on Ruby I spent about 6 odd months (29500+ encounters total) before I got my shiny Illumise. 4 days is nothing. c:

I can't stop SRing. I bet I'll reach 2000 by the end of the day. It's Day 3 and I'm already up to 1500 SRs! Of course, I did manage 1750 in just two days last week for Chikorita, but that was on days I had absolutely nothing to do. xDD

Lovely shiny Ponyta there; I adore the HGSS shiny sprite for Ponyta. I bet it looks really neat following you too! o:

Last edited:
Well i got my first shiny in HeartGold...lol..it was a shiny Cyndaquil and it took under 100 SR so yea im pre happy with that. But im going to SR for a shiny Ho Oh, Suicune and Kroyge in it so i hope i will get as much luck as i did with the cyndaquil :)

Well i got my first shiny in HeartGold...lol..it was a shiny Cyndaquil and it took under 100 SR so yea im pre happy with that. But im going to SR for a shiny Ho Oh, Suicune and Kroyge in it so i hope i will get as much luck as i did with the cyndaquil :)

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I was on a coach bus on my way to Virginia, our schools basketball team was in the NCAA championship game (we won fyi) and I'm in pep band. It was about 2am when I just happened to be surfing down Route 41 when I noticed the blue sparkles.

Tentacool (female)
lv.22
Caugh in a Lure ball
Gentle Natuer, alert to sounds.

First shiny of SS. I'm happy I got this one early, all my other 4th gen games they came late in to it (200+hours)

Totodile310

<-- Hatched !
Phew. Got scared there for a min when I saw the other thread had been closed but I'm glad I found it again.
Still SRing for my second Shiny starter. 563 and counting and really hoping for a Shiny Totodile.
Grats to everyone and keep hunting.

Xylon Uxkid

Before the other thread got nerfed, I posted in it saying I randomly got a shiny Ponyta (my first random encounter of 4th gen). This is my second shiny of the Ponyta family, and oddly enough, shiny Ponyta was also my first 3rd gen random encounter shiny. Certainly gives me a bit of hope in my upcoming SR campaign for Suicune that I'll be doing during school. Here's ponyta:
DSC03576.jpg

Looks pretty! Grats dude. Im SRing ( my first time) trying to get Shining Hooh. I've playing for 20 mins and Im alreadly bored! How can you guys do 1000's of SR! Thats dedication, but Im not gonna give up, at least until I reach 200 (lol)SR.

Xerbia

Shiny Enthusiast
After 4 days and 4,637 SR, I finally got my quiet natured shiny Lugia =D It felt like forever and I almost quit but it was worth it. I even caught it with one dusk ball.

dannydstk

i just caught a shiny golduck on my my way to fight red :D

i knew i was gonna get a shiny tonight i dont know why lol

I PiiKACHU I

The Real Piikachu
Ugh I've started counting my Ho-oh SRs by hour instead of number, if anyone wants to convert be my guest. I've been SRing since Friday night, so I have about 24 hours or so total SR time... More than my game time. I'm hoping to get this one pretty soon so I can finish the game up before doing some intense hunting.

Xerbia

Shiny Enthusiast
Ugh I've started counting my Ho-oh SRs by hour instead of number, if anyone wants to convert be my guest. I've been SRing since Friday night, so I have about 24 hours or so total SR time... More than my game time. I'm hoping to get this one pretty soon so I can finish the game up before doing some intense hunting.

If you were restarting at around 30 seconds per reset (roughly what it takes me ) you would be around 2,900 SRs more or less

Jordan134

I've played through FR,LG,Ruby,Emerald,Diamond and Platinum (some of them with 150+ hours)and I've never once seen a shiny. I guess some people are just lucky.
Hopefully I'll atleast see one in SS though! ;munchlax;

Jordan134

I've played through FR,LG,Ruby,Emerald,Diamond and Platinum (some of them with 150+ hours)and I've never once seen a shiny. I guess some people are just lucky.
Hopefully I'll atleast see one in SS though! ;munchlax;

Status
Not open for further replies.