• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

LunarWing

F-ficwriter+S-hunter
People, it feels good to be back!(some people might recognize me from 1-2 years ago, I actively joined to horde of shiny-possessed chaining maniacs)

I've bought my copy of HG just yesterday.
Yesterday, at approx. 9 PM, I was happily walking through the long grass, north of Goldenrod, trying to work my Quilava(called Taake:p) into the lvl20's.
Large amounts of Nidoran found unconsiousness, until... A shiny female showed up:p(I only had about 6-7 hours playing time..)
It is Rash-natured.

Which is now a nice Nidoqueen, about to turn lv29(don't have as much time on my hands as I used to:p)

Last edited:

Nielsspeler

Lunar, you're one lucky *** ***** :p JK, really nice :D

Totodile310

<-- Hatched !
375 SR's so far and no Shiny Eevee yet but of course it's still early.
Definately takes longer to SR now then it was for a starter. I feel kinda down that I've only come close to 200 SR's a day.
Hopefully it won't be for very long.
Don't know when you plan to start Karii but good luck to you when you do.

Last edited:

Reznor

Flame on...
i ended up finding a shiny ursaring about two steps after walking in victory road the first time going up to the elite 4. ended up being naughty with 31 IV in atk and 30 in defense rest were in the mid and lower 20-s save forsp.atk which was 17

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
Just got my US HeartGold from Gamestop friday to go with my JPN SoulSilver. Now I can fully enjoy the game!!

But first I plan on SR for a shiny starter. I don't particulary care which one but right now I'm around 255 SR. Luckily I'm in no rush so I'm in for the long run.

heracross 96

ive never found a shiny in any game(except gyarados in ss and silver) and ive played red silver fire red saphire diamond pearl platinum and soul silver fml :(
thats 8 freakin games and over 100 hours and not want shiny.
SRing for shiny ho-oh on ss currently up to 500 SR's T_T

liquidfired

Shiny Hunter
Never found a shiny in any of the games(exept gyarados) and ive played red, silver, crystal, fire red, sapphire, diamond, pearl, platinum and soulsilver fml T_T
500 SR's and still no shiny ho-oh

On 2050 still no shiny

heracross 96

i have a ? do you have a 3x better chance of getting a shiny starter coz you encounter all 3? also can you sr for in game trades eg. onix machop, but that would take to long i spose.....

SneaselClaw

i have a ? do you have a 3x better chance of getting a shiny starter coz you encounter all 3? also can you sr for in game trades eg. onix machop, but that would take to long i spose.....

You have the same chance of getting a shiny starter as you do any other Pokemon, encountering all 3 of them previously won't change that.
As for the in-game trades, can't say for certain but I'd imagine the chances are the same.

heracross 96

soz i didnt ask that right

do you have a better chance for 1 of them to shine coz you see all 3 at the same time?

20 mins will be really hard; because:
~ When you first start to SR, you're a litle bit slower.
~ Even if you could do 2/min, you'd only get around 40 SRs.
~ It's very easy to get distracted while SRing.

But if you don't mind waiting forever to get your shiny Dratini, then go ahead.
I was planning on getting a shiny Dratini too && a shiny Eevee.

Yeah, of course it'll be hard to get a shiny in 20mins, I know that! :p That's why I was emphasising on the fact that I'll be at it nearly every day for a year. The point was that I'd go do other stuff in the game (i.e. be distracted) because then I'd actually progress in other parts of the game rather than just sit in one spot for a week, SRing until something happened.

So again, do I have to do all the soft resets in one sitting, without leaving the area? And I'm talking about the ExtremeSpeed Dratini from the dragon master.

Is coming back to do 20mins or so of SRing EACH day the same as doing a whole chunk of SRs until you get the shiny? (20 mins each day means I will be doing other stuff in the game outside of that.)

If it doesn't need to be all in one go, then no, I don't mind waiting a year at all. That's not "forever" ;)

Sorry this is sounding like something that should be in a help thread -_-
Umm... I have a shiny Slowking migrated and traded over into my HeartGold? =P It was a random encouter Slowpoke from Leafgreen ^_^

Last edited:

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I need help... to evolve my shiny Golbat or not?! Any opinions would be appreciated :) I can't make my mind up

Bolkoy

soz i didnt ask that right

do you have a better chance for 1 of them to shine coz you see all 3 at the same time?

Technically you can think of it that way, because each time you reset, 3 dice are rolling. Mind you, these imaginary dice would have 8192 sides and all you wanna roll is a 1.

Basically you have THREE chances to roll that dice each SR.

Good, no?

Yeah, of course it'll be hard to get a shiny in 20mins, I know that! :p That's why I was emphasising on the fact that I'll be at it nearly every day for a year. The point was that I'd go do other stuff in the game (i.e. be distracted) because then I'd actually progress in other parts of the game rather than just sit in one spot for a week, SRing until something happened.

So again, do I have to do all the soft resets in one sitting, without leaving the area? And I'm talking about the ExtremeSpeed Dratini from the dragon master.

Is coming back to do 20mins or so of SRing EACH day the same as doing a whole chunk of SRs until you get the shiny? (20 mins each day means I will be doing other stuff in the game outside of that.)

If it doesn't need to be all in one go, then no, I don't mind waiting a year at all. That's not "forever" ;)

Sorry this is sounding like something that should be in a help thread -_-
Umm... I have a shiny Slowking migrated and traded over into my HeartGold? =P It was a random encouter Slowpoke from Leafgreen ^_^

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if you leave the area and spread your SRing out. Whether or not it is shiny is set upon actually receiving it from the dragon master, so nothing else (like playing the rest of the game) will influence it. Spreading the SRing out only means it'll take longer, but you already know that. :)

~Starlight~

Cold Inside
OMG, I fouund a Shiny Onix in Victory road, I NEVER find shinies. I'm so glad I managed to catch him, gonna evlove him into a Steelix as soon as I get a Metal Coat.
He's level 36, has a brave nature and I named him "Gold".

Last edited:

LunarWing

F-ficwriter+S-hunter
Hmm, CoroCoro revealed new giveaway event-legendary dogs.. Alternate colored. So far for rarity... Sucks for people who worked their *sses of for them..

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
No luck on getting a shiny Dratini from the master in Dragon's Den... any one else have any luck with this? If so, how many days did it take for it to be a shiny Dratini?

I'm on day 8 so far...

Hmm, CoroCoro revealed new giveaway event-legendary dogs.. Alternate colored. So far for rarity... Sucks for people who worked their *sses of for them..
Agreed there. And for the most part... they've always been lucky in terms of any real good events. Noticed that on Animal Crossing as well...

Dang it :p.

Still going to try to soft reset for a Shiny Suicune. Lucky I was able to get one off of the GTS though, in case sr'ing doesn't work there.

Last edited:

hitoshura0

No luck on getting a shiny Dratini from the master in Dragon's Den... any one else have any luck with this? If so, how many days did it take for it to be a shiny Dratini?

I'm on day 8 so far...

It varies from person to person. Sometimes it takes days. Sometimes it takes months. Just keep trying and eventually it'll happen. Although today was stupidly lucky for me. Found a shiny Skarmory on the GTS and fought two of the 1% Chanseys on Route 25 in a 10 minute span, both had Lucky Eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.