• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

legendary pkm master

Water Pokemon Master
No.

Each SR you do has a 1 in 8192 chance of being shiny.

This does not mean that after 8192 SR's you are guaranteed a shiny.

You might find a Shiny Rayquaza in those 8192 SR's, but many, many people have surpassed 10000 SR's for a shiny, some have even gone as far as 100000 SR's before.

that's far too much free time and patience. I would break the game..

Spurmador

Sir Spurmador
Still SRing for a shiny starter in Soulsilver... any shiny starter.

Gone through over 10000 SRs and have not obtained a single shiny :(

I've changed my trainer ID a couple times, even though that makes very little to no difference...

Wish me luck.

Spurmador

Sir Spurmador
Still SRing for a shiny starter in Soulsilver... any shiny starter.

Gone through over 10000 SRs and have not obtained a single shiny :(

I've changed my trainer ID a couple times, even though that makes very little to no difference...

Wish me luck.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
To get a new ID you need to do a factory reset(Select-B-Up) at the title screen.

I've been SRing for shiny Raikou for several days now. I have reached 1058 SR's for a Raikou, and hoping that it appears quickly. I'm also SRing for the starters on and off while I SR for Raikou. I'm hoping for a shiny Totodile to appear over the other two, but will gladly take any of them :).

Jaden

Information Merchant
just encountered a gold caterpie at national park... April 25, 2010..

first shiny on my HG...

I know it isn't the coolest shiny but there's still that feeling of joy and excitement bubbling inside me..

Pokemon Trainer Brandon

Trainer of all types
I caught a shiny Milktank today! First shiny I have found in Soul Silver. When I found it I was surprised as heck and, I wasn't sure if I was just seeing things because I was playing at 3am in the morning lol. But nope it was shiny alright.

Blazey

I caught a shiny ratatta on route 34. Not the greatest but it is my first ever random encounter shiny. It is currently sitting in box 6 with the red gyarados, the pikachu coloured pichu and my shiny bibarel

Fennec

I'm using the Masuda method(Japanese Eevee/english ditto) and aiming for a shiny Eevee. I'm only just beginning, I have only 18 fails at this point.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
I've started on a Shiny Totodile hunt (via Masuda Method). Only started last night so obviously no luck yet, but we'll see how it goes ^-^

Was playing HeartGold (not very far in it, been working on Soulsilver mainly) and was training my Growlithe in National Park... just raising some levels and what not, so all OHKOs of course, and I run into a shiny Scyther... I was so angry, last time I have no moves that OHKO when I only have one Pokemon with me... O well...

Shuuko

lolzz i've seen 7 wild shinies. (graveller, bidoof, buneary, spearow, metapod, ledian, stantler) I caught the graveller, bidoof, buneary and spearow. My sandshrew killed the metapod with a critical hit and when i saw the ledian it was at the start of the game when you couldnt get pokeballs:( I only have the bidoof and spearow now though:( still pretty happy^^ I think some people are just lucky!!

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Still Charmander hatching. I'm at about 900 eggs and I hope to hatch a few boxes today. Good Luck everyone and may you see those sparkles

Yuphie

Novice Shiny Hunter
:( My shiny hunting is on hold, was currently trying to hatch for Shiny Eevee using MM, but my DSi XL has malfunctioned, won't let me turn it off and now my HG game keeps bringing up a communication error when i try and get onto it..i'm just hoping the game isn't broken since i have my event Pichu's on there who i do not want to lose :'(

Was only a month old too...><

Needs a Deoxys

Just started my SoulSilver game after having played HeartGold for a few weeks now. Boy was I surprised when I went to select a pokemon and the Cyndaquil was shiny. I couldn't believe what I was seeing because I didn't think I'd be able to tell before I chose. It certainly wasn't that way in previous games. Good thing I didn't just automatically select Totodile, as was the orginial plan!

;155;

Last edited:

Totodile310

<-- Hatched !
O . . . . M . . . . G . . . . ! ! ! !

Totodile1.jpg

Totodile2.jpg

Totodile3.jpg

After abandoning my HG and going back to my SS to hunt, on my *300th* reset, my search has FINALLY ended.
As you can see he has a Bashful nature and is Somewhat of a Clown. He may not be the best nature but you can't argue with neutral either.
I can't believe it's finally over. Now I can move on to my next target, a Shiny Eevee.
Thank you again to all of you for your support. It really helped.

Dragonfly

Through all of the Pokemon games I've played, I've only ever met one Shiny in the wild. And that was a Shiny female Machop in Pokemon Gold xD
I hope I can find one one day in the wild in Heart Gold, for now I have a shiny female Eevee, and a shiny Shaymin both given to me by friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.