• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys, it finally happened. I was walking down a One Way Street, listening to Bobbys' Mix when I found my first, compotent shiny. It was a Modest Magnemite. I kept it and when I got home, I read on Smogon that its' final evolution, Magnetron, is OU, so it's actually useful. Also Modest is a good nature. If it was anything else I probably would of released it. Like those NU/UU scum that I released.

I've yet to check up on its' IVs. Hopefully they're good or else it's getting cut.

A little side story to my shiny Nidoran M. My sister who's 8 years old has been trying to find a shiny for quite some time now. When I found out how disappointing its' nature and IVs were, I showed my sister. I told her she could have it and she got really excited because her favorite poke'mon is Nidoking. She then watched in terror as I released it and saved my game. She ran away and cried, **** WAS SO CASH.

Well guys, off to EV train my Modest Magnemite while I play Final Fantasy 11 (Fenrir Server, I have a bard named Agrona)

Smell ya later!

Agrona

Banned
So I was running in the tall grass on the Sleepy Hollow Route trying to get to HQ before dark, and wouldn't you know it, I ran into a shiny Ekans! I was so surprised I could barely move, but I caught it without a problem. It has a HARDY nature and it's quite energetic. Here's a pic of my EV training my Ekans.

shinyekans.jpg

Last edited:

heracross 96

Well when shinies have the wrong natures and bad IVs, I treat them like the piece of garbage they are and throw them away. They aren't really gold unless they have 31 IVs and a good nature. That's just the way I raise my poke'mon.

but why dont you keep them as trophies, you dont hav tp train them.
or you could trade them, normal people wouldnt mind if there shiny had a bad nature

Dragonfly

I'm currently trying to SR for a Shiny Lapras, I've been at it for nearly 2 hours now xD
I know I could try again next Friday, but I've started now so I might as wel carry on for a it longer. I'll be doing this with a number of Legendaries as well.
A friend of mine was lucky enough to get a Shiny Entei legitemetly in her Soul Silver game.

Zbynek

in fact guys, this is psychology. he is acting as a pro shiny-catcher, but he just hides the fact he CAN´T catch shinies. in fact, its just a dude trying to be cool.

whatever, on my topic. today, when i was hanging around near ecruteak city, i found a shiny miltank :D it has got Naive nature, which isnt perfect, but usable :D
it looks really cool in blue :) thats my 2nd random encounter shiny in HG/SS, which is, in my opinion pretty lucky

Dragonfly

Wow nice catch Zbynek ^^ I'm hopeing to find a Shiny Miltank, I love the blue shinies :3
Though of course I'd be happy to find any type of Shiny. I'm yet to see one, and I gave up on Lapras xD Took to long, I'll try again another time.

Zbynek

Wow nice catch Zbynek ^^ I'm hopeing to find a Shiny Miltank, I love the blue shinies :3
Though of course I'd be happy to find any type of Shiny. I'm yet to see one, and I gave up on Lapras xD Took to long, I'll try again another time.
thanks ^^ i also love blue shinies, although im dissapointed there isnt pokeradar in this game...SRing for Lapras seems like a good idea.

darkrai 22

likes lugia
Yeah wow Agrona, way to be so immature. Post on topic, or gtfo.

So in other news, aside from my shiny god of poke'mon I have a few stories to share, no pics though as I lost my digital camera when I went hiking last year. It got ran over by a train :(

Two weeks after the game came out I was in the Slowpoke Well on a Wednesday night. I remember it was Wednesday because Hoenn Sounds was on and I was listening to it, trying to escape my mind from the fact that I had to go to work the next day. Well I just caught Makuhita and I was going to go about catching an Absol. Well I forgot to turn the radio back on and then bam. A green Zubat appeared on my screen. Next thing I knew, I had an Adamant Zubat Female level 5 in my party. The fact it was Adamant and not Timid/Jolly really upset me. I couldn't help it, so I ended up releasing him.

The next day I was training by Mt. Silver. I was running around and randomly found a shiny Tangela. I was surprised not only because it was two shinies in two days, but it was the exact patch of grass I caught my shiny Tangela in back in the original Silver. It had an Impish nature, which I'm pretty sure sucked, so I released it.

And just a few days ago I was hatching a bunch of eggs non-Masuda method because my client lost the account. I was disappoint at the fact that I had hatched 300 eggs with no fortune. To take out my frustration, I ran through the patch of grass between the National Park and Goldenrod City. I ran into a shiny Nidoran M. Unfortunately it had a Calm Nature, so I released it.

The Nidoran M is the 8th RE shiny I have ever found. Out of 8, 6 of them had natures (post-2nd gen.), and none of them were natures I wanted, so I released them.

ugh your so lucky you must have so much shinys that you look at nature =(

Thimerit

Sorry for acting stupid, but can anyone tell me what SR'ing is actually all about? First time hearing the acronym SR...

Zbynek

Sorry for acting stupid, but can anyone tell me what SR'ing is actually all about? First time hearing the acronym SR...
SR = Soft Reset. you press a button combination,and its like if you turned DS off and on fast. its used to get interactable pokemon to shine faster.
next time use the official help thread please
and my english is terrible

peNNy

Geez
ok, this is too sad:

my girlfriend decided to catch a rayquaza with kinda 8 ultraballs...

ok, guess what, of course it was a shiny one =D

it killed itself after she threw her last ball... the next ray decided to stay in the first ball. SUX

sry for bad englishskillz :3

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
I've reached over 1000 eggs for Charmander. I'm predicting a shiny around 1500 eggs. I won't give up! :) Good Luck everyone. And a quick question for everyone to answer. What is your favorite shiny Pokemon? Mine is Latias.

23caterpie

pokemaster
Well guys, it finally happened. I was walking down a One Way Street, listening to Bobbys' Mix when I found my first, compotent shiny. It was a Modest Magnemite. I kept it and when I got home, I read on Smogon that its' final evolution, Magnetron, is OU, so it's actually useful. Also Modest is a good nature. If it was anything else I probably would of released it. Like those NU/UU scum that I released.

I've yet to check up on its' IVs. Hopefully they're good or else it's getting cut.

A little side story to my shiny Nidoran M. My sister who's 8 years old has been trying to find a shiny for quite some time now. When I found out how disappointing its' nature and IVs were, I showed my sister. I told her she could have it and she got really excited because her favorite poke'mon is Nidoking. She then watched in terror as I released it and saved my game. She ran away and cried, **** WAS SO CASH.

Well guys, off to EV train my Modest Magnemite while I play Final Fantasy 11 (Fenrir Server, I have a bard named Agrona)

Smell ya later!

Well that was... very mean and immature of you to do that to your sister. Like if you wear going to release it anyways then why not give it to her? I can almost cry just thinking if someone did that to me. Also if you find lots of shinys esspacially with good nature like modest on magnemite that you are thinking of releasing because of something as small as lower IVs then you could trade with lots of people on this forum for pretty much any shiny and get great IV Dittos for breeding or rare items or UT great IV pokemon. These are just a few ways they can be useful to you even if just having low IV, meh nature, or UU/NU shinys are "useless" to you. And just saying but UU and NU pokemon can be accually quiet good in the OU. OU are just the pokemon that if were aloud in the UU the they would be "overused" and so are banned from the UU for a more fair fight if all you use are UU pokemon. It just seems like a waste of lucky not to share with the world if you don't want it.

Totodile310

<-- Hatched !
ok, this is too sad:

my girlfriend decided to catch a rayquaza with kinda 8 ultraballs...

ok, guess what, of course it was a shiny one =D

it killed itself after she threw her last ball... the next ray decided to stay in the first ball. SUX

sry for bad englishskillz :3

Wow that's insane. If something like that happened to me I would probably throw my DS across the room.
I'm going to SR for a Rayquaza when I get to it and I'm totally saving my Masterball for it.
Sorry to hear your story peNNy, hope your gf wasn't too upset about it.

ILaikMudkips

I've been wondering how I can catch a shiny Raikou/Entei. Do I have to SR when i release them then go find in wild and see if shiny then reset?

I have no idea so any help would be nice :)

Visual

Nine one six ~
DSC01101-1.jpg

After 916 SRs, which took more than two weeks, shiny Chikorita appeared in my Heart Gold! Yahoo! My first SR shiny! Keep in mind that I could only play for an average of once a week because of my busy schedule and I only did a small amount of SRs when I got the chance to. Anyway, it's Lax and I named him April because it showed up on the last day of April. It came just in time too because I was hoping to get a shiny Johto starter before May. =)

Last edited:

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
I've been wondering how I can catch a shiny Raikou/Entei. Do I have to SR when i release them then go find in wild and see if shiny then reset?

I have no idea so any help would be nice :)

You need to SR after you release them.

@Visual.. congrats with your Chickorita - one of the oldest Pokemon of 2nd Gen:)

/My current progress with Raikou/Entei - 200SR..

Last edited:

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Agrona what's your deal? that's the second time, you've posted stuff that's not related to the forum. What's the point of posting stuff if it's not even about the topic? If it's just a picture misshap(and I highly doubt that) then I think you might want to label your files better.

Congrats to everyone who got a new shiny, and good luck for all those hunting.

redphoenix

weird coincidence

it's so weird cuz i got my male shiny chikorita the same day on my restarted hg. i named him Goldie, calm natured. So happy as i only sr for a few hours. well done for all ur shinies and i truly gutted for that rayquaza girl. i really love the black rayquaza, but atleast she has witnessed its awesomeness.

redphoenix

weird coincidence

it's so weird cuz i got my male shiny chikorita the same day on my restarted hg. i named him Goldie, calm natured. So happy as i only sr for a few hours. well done for all ur shinies and i truly gutted for that rayquaza girl. i really love the black rayquaza, but atleast she has witnessed its awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.