• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

hitoshura0

No you don't. I've got 4 untouched Shiny Totodile, an untouched Shiny Cyndaquil and a Shiny Chikorita, all by losing the Rival battle and then trading them to a seperate game.

Needs a Deoxys, go ahead and lose to Silver, and i can guarantee that you will be able to trade over the Shiny Cyndaquil untouched.

Thought it was like GSC, my bad.

neal-b

Team Rocket 4ever
Just got a shiny Totodile today after 26 days of SR (a couple hours a day) & no other starters were shiny in that time. Now I have 2 of the Johto starters, now I need Chikorita to complete the shiny trio.
Shiny%20(1).jpg

Needs a Deoxys

No you don't. I've got 4 untouched Shiny Totodile, an untouched Shiny Cyndaquil and a Shiny Chikorita, all by losing the Rival battle and then trading them to a seperate game.

Needs a Deoxys, go ahead and lose to Silver, and i can guarantee that you will be able to trade over the Shiny Cyndaquil untouched.

Thanks for clarifying that. :)

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
there is something not right in my HG i think because there is no suicune at bills house and it needs to be there cause ive already talked to eusgene and i want this shiny so can anyone help me?

Lucero

Nickname: Lucy
A few days ago I came across a shiny Hippowdon, wild encounter of course. He was the first shiny I caught, excluding the shiny Tentacruel I accidentally killed when I was first starting off in HG.

Right now using my sister's DS to switch most of my legendaries and such I want to keep to my Diamond, then Imma restart to hopefully try for one of the shiny starters. (Knowing me though, I'll probably get tired of it within a few hours and give up. xD)

By the way, congratulations on the shiny Totodile, Neal-B.

Kit

I've been trying to breed a shiny charmander for two days, but I'm wondering if its possible to breed two shinys from the same pair? I originally started trying to breed one for my friend, but now I kind of want one for myself.

Cutty

Forever now
My newest shiny on US SS, appeared after only 1,067 SRs:

shinydon1.jpg

I could catch it w/ heavy ball after like 10 - 15 balls (I have 18 balls, I had prepared before hand). Well, I tested first of course if I could catch it w/ heavy ball or not.
It was caught w/ half HP left in yellow line.

Shame it has relaxed nature, my adamant syncher failed. But it gets 28 IV for speed, the highest IV for its stats. Well, never mind. It's only for collection anyway even if it has perfect IVs.

It's my second shiny on SS after shiny Cyndaquil btw. I'm gonna after Kyogre and Rayquaza next.

shadow_wolf

Recently started trying the masuada method. Traded a ditto from my Jap HG and breeding it with a Houndour from SS. Currently got a box and a half full of Houndours.

4ofSpades

Ace Trainer
I may have a stupid question but I am trying to get a shiny ;374; and I have ;374; eggs. Would the best way to try and get a shiny ;374; be to save right before an egg haches and then soft restart for it?

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I may have a stupid question but I am trying to get a shiny ;374; and I have ;374; eggs. Would the best way to try and get a shiny ;374; be to save right before an egg haches and then soft restart for it?

No. Eggs being shiny or not is determined from when you get it from the Daycare.

Kiebin

Hey everyone!
Two weeks ago I bought my first DS Pokémon game, namely Soul Silver.
I decided that I would SR for a shiny starter, it didn't matter which. 6 days later I got my Shiny Chikorita! :D It's now a Meganium, Naughty Nature, and has perfect IV's in HP and SpAtk. I'm stoked! :D

Also, I have a question: In the Rocket HQ in Mahogany, is it possible to get shiny Voltorbs and Geodudes from the trap?

Thanks in advance!! :D

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
My newest shiny on US SS, appeared after only 1,067 SRs:

shinydon1.jpg

I could catch it w/ heavy ball after like 10 - 15 balls (I have 18 balls, I had prepared before hand). Well, I tested first of course if I could catch it w/ heavy ball or not.
It was caught w/ half HP left in yellow line.

Shame it has relaxed nature, my adamant syncher failed. But it gets 28 IV for speed, the highest IV for its stats. Well, never mind. It's only for collection anyway even if it has perfect IVs.

It's my second shiny on SS after shiny Cyndaquil btw. I'm gonna after Kyogre and Rayquaza next.

That groudon looks normal to me. :/ Shiny Groudon is yellow.

El Deadlito

The Amis
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO..JUST NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Few weeks of resetting for shiny ho-oh..Well, I finally can see it shine.. BUT NO, THE GODDAMN BIRD SUICIDED WITH STRUGGLE...

My friend didn't give me his master ball because we were both resetting, I was resetting for Ho-OH, he for lugia..Well, he quitted after first hour.. Now when I see this..I put it to low hps, used few revives and started throwing those ultras..Because it wasnt night I couldnt throw dusk balls.

This..Is frustrating. I even knew that my friend quits after first hour but I let him keep the ball.. My first SR shiny..gone wasted..
I have had few random encounters and hatched few.. But this..Just..Annoying. I don't have my SID at my SS and I lost my platinum, I missed that trick you can do with red gyarados for SID.. So I would have gotten my SID for easier shinies via RNG

Abbey Mae

I just recently caught my first random encounter shiny. Well, actually, my first shiny EVER, excluding Red Gyarados (and I've been playing since the Pokemon games came out).

So I was at the Route 28/Mt. Silver area, training my Blissey, la di da. I'm on the computer as well, only partially paying attention so I know what move to use on the Pokemon I'm fighting... when, BAM, there it is - a green Tangela! I caught it with a Great Ball. I can't remember what nature it has at the moment, but it has Clorophyll, which is pretty epic. I might have to make a Sunny Day team just for this new guy. This makes me super excited to catch more shinies :D

neal-b

Team Rocket 4ever
OMG what an awesome weekend this has been I now have my shiny trio here is my Chikorita.
Shiny%20(2).jpg

I can now start my SS adventure & I think my shiny lucky is back 2 shines in 2 days.

SP_A0561.jpg

Cyndaquil was first on 12th April.

Shiny%20(1).jpg

Then Totodile on the 8th of May.

peachy34

hey I'm having trouble finding a legit japanese ditto in the GTS...I need a foreign ditto so I can do the M. Method with egg hatching. I wanna get more shinies. cyndaquil is my first shiny I've ever gotten after 1,631 SRs. if anyone is willing to trade a japanese ditto to me, let me know please. :) thanks.

Kit

hey I'm having trouble finding a legit japanese ditto in the GTS...I need a foreign ditto so I can do the M. Method with egg hatching. I wanna get more shinies. cyndaquil is my first shiny I've ever gotten after 1,631 SRs. if anyone is willing to trade a japanese ditto to me, let me know please. :) thanks.
I only have one Japanese ditto, but if I find another on the GTS, I'll post about it here.

Negi-Bozu®

僕は。。。パックンです、よろしく。。。

I could trade you a Japanese ditto if you'd like :)

So...I started hatching for a shiny Scyther...I've got 90 eggs on Boxes and I'm hatching 4 at a time getting 3 from boxes and one frome the Day-Care man...hopefully it will shine soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.