• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

15avaughn

Allons-y!
I'm SRing for a Shiny Rayquaza and I was just wondering if even before it starts following you it has a shiny overworld sprite. Also if it isn't shiny as soon as you go in the Embedded Tower will it ever be shiny after you save in the tower or do you have to go out again? If I get one it'll be my first shiny, guaranteed to be captured (I hate cheating but I lost my Exp. Share and instead of 900 of those I got 900 Master Balls. *shrug*) Hope I'm not going off-topic. >.< EDIT: I should have read those rules first >.< STUPID ME.

Last edited:

peachy34

I could trade you a Japanese ditto if you'd like :)

So...I started hatching for a shiny Scyther...I've got 90 eggs on Boxes and I'm hatching 4 at a time getting 3 from boxes and one frome the Day-Care man...hopefully it will shine soon :)

I sent you a private message. I'm interested in a trade please...and I'm available right now if you're ready. :)

and good luck with the eggs!!!

Last edited:

Houghton

Is it a sign..?

I'd been lurking on Serebii forever and decided, yesterday, to join. An hour after I joined, I met this golden rock. Neat, huh? My second shiny ever.

And now my avatar.

My first was a Raticate. I caught it a few months ago; I don't remember what I was doing then...
...but I do remember what I was doing when I caught geodude, which was ev training my Lickilicky, who's a beast.

--:EDIT:--
I also should probably say hi, 'cus this is my first post. I won't be hangin' around this thread too much, but soon, ill be up for OU and UU matches, so be prepared! ;<

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
That groudon looks normal to me. :/ Shiny Groudon is yellow.

Well, yanno. Webcam. My prev shiny stantler pic even looks more normal.
But seriously, I don't think it looks red like the normal color, and shiny Groudon has lime green color, not yellow.

Well, some ppl dislike me for being lazy to take a better quality pic.

Orepheus

If I were to SR for a shiny charmander from Oak, would I be able to tell just from the picture or would I have to have it in my party first?

iDeath

Live2Play<>Play2Live
If I were to SR for a shiny charmander from Oak, would I be able to tell just from the picture or would I have to have it in my party first?

Picture only works for johtoh starters, so yea you have to check Charmander's summary page to know if it is shiny or not.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Well, yanno. Webcam. My prev shiny stantler pic even looks more normal.
But seriously, I don't think it looks red like the normal color, and shiny Groudon has lime green color, not yellow.

Well, some ppl dislike me for being lazy to take a better quality pic.
It still looks red as ever in the pic. Not saying you're wrong, but its hard to believe when the pic shows otherwise.

Minhimalism

gotcha! :D
It still looks red as ever in the pic. Not saying you're wrong, but its hard to believe when the pic shows otherwise.

(first of all, congrats everyone on their new shinies, i evolved my surskit into a green masquerain last night!) but okay seriously, did you even look at it for more than a second? i don't think it's right of you to say this of the poor shiny groudon and its new owner when it obviously is green/yellow/whatever it is.

shinydon1.jpg

Spr_4d_383.png

Spr_4d_383_s.png

Does it still look red? :/ it's very obviously shiny ..

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
(first of all, congrats everyone on their new shinies, i evolved my surskit into a green masquerain last night!) but okay seriously, did you even look at it for more than a second? i don't think it's right of you to say this of the poor shiny groudon and its new owner when it obviously is green/yellow/whatever it is.

shinydon1.jpg

Spr_4d_383.png

Spr_4d_383_s.png

Does it still look red? :/ it's very obviously shiny ..

It looks red to me. I'm not trying to call him a liar, but with that quality it looks as red as a fire truck. If not moreso. I don't see why he'd lie (he has nothing to gain from it), but it really doesn't look shiny. at all.

Minhimalism

gotcha! :D
It looks red to me. I'm not trying to call him a liar, but with that quality it looks as red as a fire truck. If not moreso. I don't see why he'd lie (he has nothing to gain from it), but it really doesn't look shiny. at all.

Take another look, or line them up in paint or something because you really need your eyes checked -.-

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Yeah, that's definitely shiny. While I could see how it might be mistaken as red if the other colors were screwy, the other colors definitely aren't, so it's yellow.

I have given up on SRing for a shiny Snorlax. I have been going for it for well over 40 hours. The only amount of game time that I spent not SRing was around 1 hour-ish in order to do a few trades and get a foreign Ditto from the GTS. I settled with catching a female Snorlax, unfortunately after I saved I realized it was a jolly nature. And upon further calculation, its IVs weren't too great either, 4/4/6/18/24/16. Of course Sp. Atk would be good but then it'd be jolly and ruin that, hah. Well, onto my next shiny attempt, whichever the next event pokemon after badge 13 will be.

Orepheus

You must be some sort of color blind, because you seem to be the only one who sees that as a red Groudon. No offense of course but that seems to be the only explanation.

Cutty

Forever now

No need to convince this person guys, and I don't feel like posting any evidence like the data pic or anything to backup my earlier post. It doesn't matter much.

Any discussions about the legitimacy of my shiny pic again, then sorry I'm gonna have to report you for spamming.

Good luck for your any hunts everyone!

Think I might name my shiny Groudon 'Red' :x

15avaughn

Allons-y!
I'm the most unlucky trainer on earth. I've been playing Pokémon for 5 years ever since Emerald, and I have NEVER seen a shiny short of the event Pichu, or the Red Gyarados. Dumb Red, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Diamond, Platinum, and SoulSilver. I swear if I don't get a Shiny in Colosseum (W00T $14 and a $1 GBA to Gamecube cord) I shall play 70 hours straight on SoulSilver to SR that freakin' Rayquaza!

Yesterday I decided I would attempt to SR for a shiny for the first time. I'm SRing for shiny Ho-Oh on my Soul Silver. Currently at 573 SRs... :D
Wish me luck~

Elite_Rattata

F.E.A.R MEH
I've seen 1 Wild Shiny Before, I stumbled across a Shiny Pidgeotto, but it used WhirlWind :( So far, I have:
Shiny Charizard- Hundreds of SResets on Firered.
Shiny Lucario- A lucky egg hatched from Riley.
Shiny Gallade- REALLY lucky egg hatch via Musada Method.
Shiny Rampardos- Traded with a friend.
Shiny Glalie- Obtained in the GTS.

Cutty

Forever now
I got this in the burned tower after 6,632 random encounters.
Too bad it wasn't shiny koffing, at least not rattata or zubat.

Better quality pic of its data using my DSi, mind you.
shinymag1.jpg

No, I don't need congrats, just don't tease me.

Congrats to new shinies in this thread, though. =P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.