• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw, In HG/SS it definitely shows up when you're looking over the Pokeballs. Don't know about D/P/Pt, but I'm positive it's in HG/SS. Just have to keep trying!

razor fire

I really feel like im doing this wrong im SRing for shiny johto starter i saved in front of the balls and just SR and look at the balls over and over again been going for 2 days nows >.< maybe im just rly unlucky cuz i have no shinies at all :p hopefully get my first today

Just keep on trying. Eventually it will show up.

i dont think it shows up as shiney when u do that duck, you have to pick it and look at the status screen

It does show up at the PokeBall Selection screen. However, you will have to pick one up and look at the summary if you're trying for a Kanto/Hoenn starter.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Don't know about D/P/Pt, but I'm positive it's in HG/SS. Just have to keep trying!

Nope, it'll only work for the Johto Starters (Because it won't work with the Kanto and Hoenn starters in HG/SS either) in HG/SS.
All the starters, except for the Johto ones in HG/SS, need to be picked before you can check if they are shiny or not.

Last edited:

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
I got my first random shiny in SS about a month ago. I was trying to hatch an egg, and accidentally ran into the grass on the route below Goldenrod, and thought "Crap, not another annoying battle." And then I saw a shiny ditto, level 10. I caught it, but not after some frustration, what with my level 70 some pokemon not being able to weaken it.

That was.............I think the 4th shiny I caught myself, along with the 3 pokeradar starlys

Young Predator

Hey everyone.

New on this forum, i tried to find a introduction thread, but could't find it.

Allright, I caught a wild Shiny Tentacool & Oddish. I also transferred my Shiny Bidoof & Starly to SS. They're up for trades if anyone can offer other Shinies.

DuckDoodles

Ev trainer
does anyone have a japanese ponyta for the masuda method i really need one cuz this is taking to long

I'm gonna start diamond again togetshiny starters but will I have to look in thesummary or will it show on the display? Plus I swear suicune hates me:( still no shine

DuckDoodles

Ev trainer
no i think u have to pick one and then itll show its shiny so its gonna take a while

peachy34

wahoo! I got my shiny eevee on SS after 272 SRs. thought it was gonna take a while but I guess not. I can't post a pic cuz I have no camera though.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
okay for everyone who still don't know only the johto starters in HGSS will shine without picking one for the rest of the starters and other games you need to pick one.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
okay for everyone who still don't know only the johto starters in HGSS will shine without picking one for the rest of the starters and other games you need to pick one.

I have yet to see a shiny in my SS. Before I knew what shiny pokemon were I killed a blue electrike because I thought it was a glitch or something. I believe I googled 'Blue Electrike' and I found out about shinies and such and was super irriatated. That is the only shiny I have ever seen.

Im working on getting my shiny chikorita. I want one so bad so Im breeding them via Masuda Method and after 100 eggs I still have no luck. Ahh this takes sooo long.

Hopefully it hatches soon. I gave up on SR'ing for shiny Lapras yesterday. A week is too long for me.

DuckDoodles

Ev trainer
STILL SRing for shiny johto starter it has been 4 days of straight SRing -.-every second of the day (about 12 hours a day) or im rly unlucky or im doing something wrong :p lets see 12 hours is 720 minutes 2 SR's average a min makes it 1440 SR's times 4 is 5760 SR's -.- i still have a way to go i guess

DuckDoodles

Ev trainer
i was bored with breeding ponyta's so i started SRing for mr mime while im SRing for a starter with my other ds :p

DuckDoodles

Ev trainer
do shinies appear shiny in your pokemon list or only in their summary?

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
@DuckDoodles: If you mean by 'your Pokémon list', the list where all your party members can viewed: Then no. You'll have to check their summary. There isn't something in the games as a shiny Pokémon icon.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
I think that its is a great idea if Gamefreak makes a Pokemon game where you can get all pokemon with or without wifi event and you can travel in all regions to get legendary pokemon where they belong. so dialga and palkia on mt coronet. Ho-oH at the tin tower. Latios is roaming and deoxys on Birth island. so you can get all shiny legends!

Status
Not open for further replies.