• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
SANY1513.jpg

Shiny Ho-oh appeared on my HeartGold!

I had just finished up an episode of Case Closed when it appeared. I was able to tell that it was shiny as it was scrolling across the screen, so I shut the DS as quickly as I could. Because it was so late, I did not have immediate access to my family's camera, so I eventually opened the D_S just to see the initial stars myself. I ended up getting the camera and making a video (I even stopped it midway through to take a picture of the ShinyDex and then I continued the video from there. Unfortunately, I messed up somewhere while I was trying to use Windows MovieMaker, and I ended up deleting the video somehow.

But to be honest, I don't care too much. The important thing is that it's shiny and that it's finally mine! I'm so grateful that I got it, too, because now I can finally FINISH playing HeartGold! I can get things like the GB Player; I can explore the newly updated lands of Kanto; heck, I can fight Red once again! After I EV-train my new shiny Ho-oh, I'm going to focus on completing the main storyline in HG before June 1st; that way I can really focus on getting Wooper for the Johto Tour.

Here are some more pictures for your viewing pleasure:

SANY1520.jpg

IVs according to Metalkid-- Ho-oh - #250 (Adamant): 13 - 14 / 25 - 26 / 18 - 19 / 29 / 17 - 18 / 12 - 13

SANY1528.jpg

Ho-oh departing its old home -- it's definitely my favorite picture of the bunch.

SANY1530.jpg

Sparkles!

Boy am I satisfied with this shiny. :D Good luck to everyone else, and I am now looking forward to the Johto Tour more than ever!

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
SANY1513.jpg

Shiny Ho-oh appeared on my HeartGold!

I had just finished up an episode of Case Closed when it appeared. I was able to tell that it was shiny as it was scrolling across the screen, so I shut the DS as quickly as I could. Because it was so late, I did not have immediate access to my family's camera, so I eventually opened the D_S just to see the initial stars myself. I ended up getting the camera and making a video (I even stopped it midway through to take a picture of the ShinyDex and then I continued the video from there. Unfortunately, I messed up somewhere while I was trying to use Windows MovieMaker, and I ended up deleting the video somehow.

But to be honest, I don't care too much. The important thing is that it's shiny and that it's finally mine! I'm so grateful that I got it, too, because now I can finally FINISH playing HeartGold! I can get things like the GB Player; I can explore the newly updated lands of Kanto; heck, I can fight Red once again! After I EV-train my new shiny Ho-oh, I'm going to focus on completing the main storyline in HG before June 1st; that way I can really focus on getting Wooper for the Johto Tour.

Here are some more pictures for your viewing pleasure:

SANY1520.jpg

IVs according to Metalkid-- Ho-oh - #250 (Adamant): 13 - 14 / 25 - 26 / 18 - 19 / 29 / 17 - 18 / 12 - 13

SANY1528.jpg

Ho-oh departing its old home -- it's definitely my favorite picture of the bunch.

SANY1530.jpg

Sparkles!

Boy am I satisfied with this shiny. :D Good luck to everyone else, and I am now looking forward to the Johto Tour more than ever!

Adamant. thats a good nature congratz man.

my hunt for Big ugly shiny moltres is paused now im going for suicune

DuckDoodles

Ev trainer
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHINY MEWTWO ;150; NOW NOW !! lucky charms do me good pray for me do whatever you can to help me out to get my first shiny!!

Just found my shiny starter in my Japanese Heartgold.
Appeared 5 SR's into a new save file. Making my SR count 505. (1515 starters seen)

Due to to fact I am not Japanese I had to guess the nature, which I thought was Lax, so I checked it in Japanese on Bulbapedia and it was Lax. So maybe I'm getting better at this nature thing. (I don't think Lax is very good)

Ironically my final exam this week was biology. So I present to you my very own, nomnomnom photosynthesis plant.
(It's a group on facebook for those who have no idea what I am on about)

100_2581.jpg

100_2585.jpg

100_2589.jpg

100_2588.jpg

Yes, My ID is very boring.

100_2592.jpg

I will check its IV's later. Not that it's a big deal to me, but just so I know :)

Stylinson

well i stoped SRing on Sudowoodo but now im woorking on getting a shiny eevee from Bill. hopefully it will shine soon

Aquanova

Just caught my shiny Lapras:
Nickname: Lavender
Female
Sassy Nature
Proud of its Power
im not sure i thats a good nature or not but Im just happy I got the shiny and its Female! Next target: HG shiny Totodile or Cyndaquil
Edit: the SRing is getting Frustrating so im going to deleat my file and start over

Last edited:

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
well i stoped SRing on Sudowoodo but now im woorking on getting a shiny eevee from Bill. hopefully it will shine soon

that's my next target after ExtremeSpeed Dratini:D I need shiny Umbreon, to my 'SoulSeven' Team;]

My current shiny hunting progress:

- [Sapphire] Kyogre, Cave of Origin - 8300SR..
- [Platinum] Eevee for Leafeon, Flower Paradise, Matsuda Method - 156eggs..
- [Platinum] Gastly, Old Chateau - 3000 encounters
- [Platinum] Cresselia, for Route 210 - 160SR..
- [SoulSilver] Raikou/Entei, for Route 44 - 226SR..
- [SoulSilver] ExtremeSpeed Dratini, Dragon's Den - 2600SR..

On Ruby I got a Shiny Oddish randomly outside of Lilycove once, I got a Shiny Oddish on Fire Red near Cerulean once and now on HEART GOLD I caught another Shiny Oddish in Ilex Forest :( I can't seem to find anyone other than a damn Oddish.... stupid Marijuana Plant Pokemon

I evolved the one on Ruby to a Bellossom, but I don't have the cartridge anymore and I traded the one on Fire Red to my friend years ago. The one on Heart Gold is in my PC - I HATE ODDISH!!!!!!111!!

DuckDoodles

Ev trainer
i gave up on mewtwo when i finally got my japanese ponyta through GTS traded it for a totodile great deal if you ask me cause ive been looking for that damn ponyta for about a month i hope i have better luck with the masuda method only 14 eggs hatched now i still have a long way to go

Shadow_Latios

Boulder Trainer
hey, just curious. Hope its ok to post this.
I've still not managed to find many shinies, I found a shiny caterpie twice in the original gsc, and a shiny oddish in rse. None in fourth gen yet.

Anyway my question is, I've seen people mention somethign called the masuda method on this thread. I was wondering if someone could tell me what it is?

15avaughn

Allons-y!
Anyway my question is, I've seen people mention something called the masuda method on this thread. I was wondering if someone could tell me what it is?

It's if you breed a different language Pokémon with one of your language and your chances of getting a shiny egg just about quadruples from 1/8000 to 1/2000.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
i gave up on mewtwo when i finally got my japanese ponyta through GTS traded it for a totodile great deal if you ask me cause ive been looking for that damn ponyta for about a month i hope i have better luck with the masuda method only 14 eggs hatched now i still have a long way to go

I hope for you that you didn't caught it cause you can go away and take a break from it.

I finally got it!!!! After about two weeks of hatching eggs my shiny chikorita was born. On the 428th egg, out pops a beautiful little naive natured chikorita. It isn't a very good nature, but it has the egg move leech seed so i'm happy. I nicknamed it Maple. Now i need to trade it to myself and restart my game and play through with the little guy!

Heccy

Got Miltank?
Well I jog for around 2 hours everyday with my Pokewalker on my sock as later in the day I catch 1 of the 3 pokes you can catch.
When I got home and checked their stats, Turns out one of them is shiny!
I didnt know pokemon from the Pokewalker could be shiny. xD

sHINE.png

sHINE2.png

Heccy

Got Miltank?
I don't even own an action replay/game shark or w/e.
And arn't action replays for the original DS and lites anyway?

hitoshura0

I don't even own an action replay/game shark or w/e.
And arn't action replays for the original DS and lites anyway?

They'll work on DSi's. That isn't the issue. The real issue is you have a MALE Swinub from the Pokewalker, which according to this says it shouldn't exist. Stop playing naive and come clean to your claims. Besides, even if ARs didn't work on the DSi, you only showed the status screen, which you could have put your game card into after having used another DS. Please, if you're gonna make this claim, good footage of the transfer from the Pokewalker, then showing the lack of hacking devices, then checking your status whether it is shiny or not will be the ONLY permissible evidence that can be used. Please. Try harder next time.

Heccy

Got Miltank?
They'll work on DSi's. That isn't the issue. The real issue is you have a MALE Swinub from the Pokewalker, which according to this says it shouldn't exist. Stop playing naive and come clean to your claims. Besides, even if ARs didn't work on the DSi, you only showed the status screen, which you could have put your game card into after having used another DS. Please, if you're gonna make this claim, good footage of the transfer from the Pokewalker, then showing the lack of hacking devices, then checking your status whether it is shiny or not will be the ONLY permissible evidence that can be used. Please. Try harder next time.

Who's going to sit there recording themselves transfer pokemon from a Pokewalker? It isnt the first time I caught a different gendered pokemon that Serebii claims shouldnt exist. I don't care what exactly you say, I do NOT own a cheating device nor another DS. The fact that I know thats the truth, what you say doesnt matter much to me. Now I understand what you are saying, but believe me or not I'm telling the truth. If you wish to continue this then go right ahead. Now good day sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.