• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle295

I caught a Shiny Diglett today. The sad thing is, the only difference is has a Blue mouth. :/

Better than nothing! :)

I'll post pictures later, if I can.

Stylinson

still working on that shiny eevee. hpefully it will have a good enough nature to be espeon

Cutty

Forever now
Oops, I did it again!

My US Soulsilver makes magic again!^^

shinyfing1.jpg

shinyfing2-1.jpg

After only a few encounters. I laughed hard when I saw it.

I'll keep posting about my SS succeses & other versions too!

So far my US SS has given me:
1. Shiny Cyndaquil
2. Shiny Groudon
3. Shiny Mewtwo
4. Shiny Articuno
5. Shiny Zapdos
6. Shiny Moltres, and
7. Shiny Koffing.

All are surprisingly easy hunts, and of course fully legit.

Good luck to everyone else too! Woo hoo!

The luck you guys have with shiny. I am 60 hours in and have been taking it slow, EV training my pokepals (intentionally running into random encounters) and have yet to even hit a random shiny. So sad :[

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88

shinyfing1.jpg

shinyfing2-1.jpg

1. Shiny Cyndaquil
2. Shiny Groudon
3. Shiny Mewtwo
4. Shiny Articuno
5. Shiny Zapdos
6. Shiny Moltres, and
7. Shiny Koffing.

Man, u r just amazing!:D I have a dream to get shiny Koffing from Burned Tower too:) I started with shiny Cyndaquil too, but i'm not goin' the same way. U r lucky guy, i salute u!:D

My current shiny hunting progress:

- [Sapphire] Kyogre, Cave of Origin - 8300SR..
- [Platinum] Eevee for Leafeon, Flower Paradise, Matsuda Method - 156eggs..
- [Platinum] Gastly, Old Chateau - 3000 encounters
- [Platinum] Cresselia, for Route 210 - 180SR..
- [SoulSilver] Raikou/Entei, for Route 44 - 226SR..
- [SoulSilver] ExtremeSpeed Dratini, Dragon's Den - 3000SR..

LAST TIME PROGRESSED

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter

shinyfing1.jpg

shinyfing2-1.jpg

1. Shiny Cyndaquil
2. Shiny Groudon
3. Shiny Mewtwo
4. Shiny Articuno
5. Shiny Zapdos
6. Shiny Moltres, and
7. Shiny Koffing.

wtf are you freakin god or something you are just to lucky im jealous

DragonTamerJesse

Finally mine! 521SR
Shinies i've encountered

I've been pretty lucky in my search for shinies. the first shiny i ever encountered was on Ruby. i didint know anything about shinies at the time, for i was a beginner to pokemon. it was a shiny tentacool, sadly i had limited balls with me and i failed to catch it. so i went online to figure out why i had seen a tentacool with green on it. after discovering shinies, i started my search. since then i have encountered a shiny machoke in fire red, a shiny bibarel in platinum, and a shiny golbat in Soul silver. of which, i caught the machoke and bibarel.
i have evolved the machoke to a machamp and have transfered it to my soul silver. he's level 62. i would be willing to give this machamp to anyone who would let me borrow an event arceus. if anyone is interested message me for my online information. thanks alot!

;487-o;DragonTamerJesse

Neurotic Nuckelavee

Monochromatic Beast
I never thought I'd be posting here since I've only ever had the patience to chain shinies, but lately I had decided to try experimenting with IV breeding in my Heart Gold version and decided I wanted to try to breed a mixed attacking Shinx with HP Grass as my first project (yeah I should have probably started with something easier >_<; ) BUT!

As I was switching parents in HG I was debating whether to hatch the last egg from the parents before and decided to just for the fact that you never know it could be a shiny! So I was browsing online as I bicycled up and down, then I looked down, noticed that an egg was ready to hatched, watched the hatching animation and proceeded to be flabbergasted.

shinyshinxhatch.jpg

A shiny Shinx hatched!!!! This was my 254th egg.

dsc00210f.jpg

Also I was NOT using the Masuda Method! O_O so, does this make my shiny Shinx essentially like a random encounter? alsfjaskdfjoasdfua I'm so happy and excited and she's got Ice Fang and according to the IV man she has flawless Sp.Def & Speed! :D

EDIT: *feels even luckier* just did a lvl 100 wifi battle to check her IVs, she has Hidden Power Grass with a power of 65!!! :D *faints with happiness*

Last edited:

Shadyelg

Hi everyone, first post here so i'll introducemyself later :p

Anyway, i very first encounter with a Shiny is in the original Silver, it was an Onix (to bad the battery's have been sucked dry)...
However after 4290 resets fate laughed with me (finally) and gave me a nice Shiny Lugia :)
http://i49.*******.com/vza1wl.jpg

And two days ago i did the Arceus event and wanted the Giratina, but just a good nature but got the wrong one the whole time... 37 Resets later...
http://i49.*******.com/wqykvn.jpg

I'm so happy now my hunt has started for Ho-oh and Rayquaza!

Last edited:

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
Hi everyone, first post here so i'll introducemyself later :p

Anyway, i very first encounter with a Shiny is in the original Silver, it was an Onix (to bad the battery's have been sucked dry)...
However after 4290 resets fate laughed with me (finally) and gave me a nice Shiny Lugia :)
http://i49.*******.com/vza1wl.jpg

And two days ago i did the Arceus event and wanted the Giratina, but just a good nature but got the wrong one the whole time... 37 Resets later...
http://i49.*******.com/wqykvn.jpg

I'm so happy now my hunt has started for Ho-oh and Rayquaza!

Wow, great, 1st shiny Giratina from that event on this forum:)
Congrats with your Lugia too!

DragonTamerJesse

Finally mine! 521SR
i am also on that same hunt, for that Giratina from that Arceus event.
however, i havent been able to track down an event Arceus.
i just need to borrow it so if anyone can help me at all it'd be great.
I'll thank anyone who helps me with my shiny Machoke, Lv62.
and thanks to anyone who reads this. i appreciate your time.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
Just the other day I was hunting for Raikou, right after he fled in from the pond I was in I surfed over and encountered a Shiny Goldeen.

Captured it with a Net Ball :)

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
As everyone who has been reading my previous posts knows I'm not having very much luck with shinies- especially that Furret in the Safari zone. Well, guess what?! Lady BAD Luck has struck again! I decided to risk the Safari Zone- as I haven't set foot in it after the shiny Furret escaped. I placed some objects here and there and then a shiny Gloom appeared but like with Furret it escaped after I threw a Safari Ball and it failed on the last shake! It fled, never to be seen again...

I AM NEVER GOING BACK INTO THE SAFARI ZONE AGAIN AFTER ENCOUNTERING 2 SHINIES THAT ESCAPED ON THE 3RD SHAKE IN MY PREVIOUS 2 VISITS!!!

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
Well lady luck sure was with me. I went to the GTS looking for a Venusaur, I found one and the guy wanted a Zubat for it. Just any Zubat. But here's the thing, his Venusaur was a lvl 45 Shiny! With an offer like that, how could I refuse? So now, I have a Shiny Venusaur, a Shiny Gengar, and a Shiny Gyarados.

Cutty

Forever now
I got another not 1, but 2 shinies from my 'cursed' US Soulsilver game again.
I'm gonna post them tomorrow.
Remember, I don't demand congrats so don't tease me as you'll only bring more luck to me,lol.

Again, I don't perform RNG abuse or even ew-AR (hack) them.
Up to you to trust me/not.^^

So why does my US SS keep raining me w/ shinies? I don't know.
Maybe it has got something to do w/ my ID or whatever. Don't matter much.

And no, I ain't a god, lol.

Just wait for tomorrow if you luv me.^^

Anyway, congrats on Neurotic Nuckelavee's shiny shinx, you should try hunt more 1/8192 shinies, and shadyelg's shiny Lugia, especially the wicked Giratina, I might try that on SS in the future.

Good luck guys.

Last edited:

marcayu

No entiendes esto ja
Hi, I have a question
If I kill the Ho-Oh in the Heart Gold story and then come back after the elite four, can I SR for a shiny?
Can this happen for platinum's Giratina too?

Status
Not open for further replies.