• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

jirachi king

lv.100 master
I think there is something with Mt Silver cause if I read the whole tread apparently 34% of the caught or seen RE's are at Mt Silver.

Am I wrong or did Nintendo something with that mountain?

master of murkrow, i totally agree with you. i just don't understand why most people find shinys at mnt. silver. also, i have a question.can trainers have shinys? for instance coud i battle the E4 and one of them have a shiny? i really want to know.thanks!;476;

Zabi

Not really here.
also, i have a question.can trainers have shinys? for instance coud i battle the E4 and one of them have a shiny? i really want to know.thanks!;476;

No, they cannot. They have preset Pokemon, so, they can never have a shiny.
Although, the trainer with the shiny Espeon in FR/LG's Battle Tower(thats what it was, right?) is always shiny.

Raymie

The GTS is disheartening me, I traded for a foreign ditto (for the Masuda Method) and I just got gyped for a regular one, at least I've learned my lesson--if it seems to easy then it probably is. Some of the offers there is pretty ridiculous.

On the otherside I'm random encountering for the Johto tour, or is it HG/SS tour now? Either way I'll stick to it. my plan is to get the BCC shiny first, that way I'll get the only requirement gone.

Arceus-Sama I hope you get a shiny starter soon, just be patient it took me about three months in total to get my shiny Chikorita but it's worth it--a shiny you can definitely catch without fail.

Congrats to everyone on all the shinies, they all look amazing.

I also have a question, I know that you can get a shiny Entei and Raikou if you defeat them and beat the Elite Four but when is Suicune's shinyness set? when it's released from the tower or when you first meet it? Thanks for the help.

And on the other side of the coin, I have a legit French Ditto...and I paid a Haunter for it! Came with Quick Powder and everything. But before that, I was defrauded for a Corphish for a Brazilian Ditto...which turned out to flop big time.

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Brighter days, I managed to find two legit pokemon--a German Eevee and a German Hoppip. I plan to trade them over to HeartGold and then Masuda Method like crazy. At least from now on I'll make sure the names match with the country.

I'm currently SR-ing for a shiny Electrode on HG and a shiny Drifloon on Platinum. Congrats on all the new shinies. I hope the luck streak continues.

Larris

Barney Stinson!
After about 800 SR:s, I finally got my shiny Suicune. Yay me! :)

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
Only two Premier Balls, and not even with a False Swiper? :\

Shiny Ho-oh took me 75 while at 1HP and asleep; it nearly ran out of PP.

I was lucky this time

Gabrielx913

Finally made an account on here and have been reading a lot of these stories, been sr'ing for a few days now lazily haha, but over 500 sr's i made a new character and after about 40 sr's i got my shiny cyndaquil (which i wanted) out of pure luck :)
very happy walkin with the little critter.

ishni18

~*Shiny Hunter*~
I have a question. ..

If you were Sring for a shiny lugia, do you save right in front of lugia?

And if it was shiny, would you see clearly that it is pink without having to press A to battle it?

It's been four days . .around 200Srs (50 a day) and no shiny T___T

Aquanova

I deleated my Heart Gold file again and made a new one. Ive done 60 SRs already for a Shiny of Cyndaquil or Totodile. I really want Totodile. Im going to do a new file after each 100 till I get one unless I get the shiny. It'll take a long time.

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
If you were Sring for a shiny lugia, do you save right in front of lugia?

Yes.

And if it was shiny, would you see clearly that it is pink without having to press A to battle it?

No.

It's been four days . .around 200Srs (50 a day) and no shiny T___T

I will give you an advice.. just try to SR more than 50 for a day (200SR's for a day sounds like a solid minimum, i think)

Keep it up!:)

Last edited:

DragonTamerJesse

Finally mine! 521SR
Luckiest day EVER!
i finally got my Shiny Giratina at 521 SR and then proceeded to get a shiny Rayquaza with only 43 SR!!
i couldnt believe it!
they have pretty lame natures, but hey i cant complain! two legendary shinies in one day?
thats just unreal!
anyway good luck to the rest of you! :D

Cutty

Forever now
I met this in the BCC last nite around 1.15 A.M in the morning :D
Just worth it, hunting all nite long.

shinynin1.jpg

I'd been hunting this, and got it quite early after participating around 30 BCCs.
So freakin' happy cuz mostly I didn't meet the whirlwinders and it's better than the caterpillars and cacoons. And I can get 2 shinies, Nincanda and Shedinja.^^

shinynin3.jpg

I work hard to get my shinies okay, although it seems it's so easy for me to get them, I actually do hours of hunting everyday for some hunts.
It's only natural that one of them shines early.
Well, I am lucky too, of course.^^

Congrats to the others too and good luck for you guys here.

poke-lord

shinynin1.jpg

I'd been hunting this, and got it quite early after participating around 30 BCCs.
So freakin' happy cuz mostly I didn't meet the whirlwinders and it's better than the caterpillars and cacoons. And I can get 2 shinies, Nincanda and Shedinja.^^

shinynin3.jpg

I work hard to get my shinies okay, although it seems it's so easy for me to get them, I actually do hours of hunting everyday for some hunts.

##

lucky guy I envy you

Thoroque

Played SS like four days and I was wondering in the Ilex Forest when a Shiny Kakuna showed up. After some training it's a Shiny Beedrill now. ^^

Thoroque

Played SS like four days and I was wandering in the Ilex Forest when a Shiny Kakuna showed up. After some training it's a Shiny Beedrill now. ^^

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88

shinynin1.jpg

shinynin3.jpg

Great news for me:D i didn't know that Shedinja will be shiny if you make it from shiny one evolution of ninjask, thx

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Luckiest day EVER!
i finally got my Shiny Giratina at 521 SR and then proceeded to get a shiny Rayquaza with only 43 SR!!
i couldnt believe it!
they have pretty lame natures, but hey i cant complain! two legendary shinies in one day?
thats just unreal!
anyway good luck to the rest of you! :D

Wait, so you got a shiny Giratina through that Arceus event on HG/SS? Or are you talking about a shiny Giratina from D/P/Pt?

Congrats on all the new shinies, you guys. I just realized that none of the shinies I've hunted for on my HeartGold have taken over 10,000 soft resets or encounters to appear. You know what that means, right?
[whisper]It means my next hunt will take like 25,000 encounters/SRs to appear =/[/whisper]

shadow_wolf

My first shiny since getting SS. Not my favourite pokemon but shiny zapdos will do

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Still not having much luck for my shiny Dratini, but I'm not giving up. I'm up to 210 SR's right now. After, I will continue for a shiny Raikou if I don't grow too impatient with having to defeat it and the Elite4 for every time it isn't shiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.